How did/are you dealing with it?

MissingInAction

It fucking sucks we lost but this thread title sounds like it came straight out of TexAgs.

I’m glad everyone gets to vent their feelings here but the thread title makes us sound like a bunch of whiny bitches. A thread titled “post game thoughts and commentary” would be much more appropriate.

So this is my way of “dealing with it.” By coming to the football forum and bitching about a thread title.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Had a great time in bed with my girlfriend this morning. Got up and made biscuits with sausage gravy. Went for a walk in the park before this rain. Took a nap. Farted a few times. I think it's the 12 pack of Guinness I consumed yesterday as I have a definite stale vitamin B complex aroma. Thinking about binging Reacher. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I was happy with Sark getting us a Big 12 championship, and viewed the playoffs as gravy (I never expected us to be this good this year).

There is some rationalization in this because once I saw we drew Washington, I figured they would probably beat us. They are a bad matchup for us. Their offense is elite and they outcoached us last year in the Alamo Bowl. Just as they did this year.

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Had a great time in bed with my girlfriend this morning. Got up and made biscuits with sausage gravy. Went for a walk in the park before this rain. Took a nap. Farted a few times. I think it's the 12 pack of Guinness I consumed yesterday as I have a definite stale vitamin B complex aroma. Thinking about binging Reacher. 

You drank 12 Guinness?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrBig said:

It fucking sucks we lost but this thread title sounds like it came straight out of TexAgs.

I’m glad everyone gets to vent their feelings here but the thread title makes us sound like a bunch of whiny bitches. A thread titled “post game thoughts and commentary” would be much more appropriate.

So this is my way of “dealing with it.” By coming to the football forum and bitching about a thread title.

Don’t bitch because it’s over. Post snark because it happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

People aren't so distraught yet because it's fresh. It was the same way initially after the 2010 title game ("gilbert is the future!!1!"). Give it time. In a few years people will look back on last night's game with a lot more angst and frustration over how close we came.

shaking get it together GIF

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, satyanash said:

People aren't so distraught yet because it's fresh. It was the same way initially after the 2010 title game ("gilbert is the future!!1!"). Give it time. In a few years people will look back on last night's game with a lot more angst and frustration over how close we came.

My friends and I walked out of the Rose Bowl thinking we were fucked in 2010.  Because sans Colt, our entire offense was Shipley getting wide ass open for touchdowns.

• Hook 'Em 1

Man at the beginning of the season I thought this team was going to be 7-5 based on the past 15 years of futility.

I'm more upset we lost to OU. 

25 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’d put this loss similar to the Gideon interception drop in terms of how I feel.  

Disagree.  The worst losses are when you know for a fact you're the far better team, you just shit the bed and gave it away, much like that Halloween night in Lubbock.

I'm not thrilled but can tip my hat to penix and acknowledge it wasn't our day.  But we should have bitch slapped that tech team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

The team far exceeded my expectations for this season. I never expected to be in the playoffs and come so close to the championship game.

Overall, I haven't enjoyed a football season this much in a long time. I am looking forward to next season.

• Hook 'Em 5

23 minutes ago, MrBig said:

We are proud of your progress. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

I'm blaming myself because I wore my favorite Texas cap to watch the game. I haven't worn it all year and in previous years, it was bad luck and cost us games. But I thought the curse was broken and I wanted to wear it more so I gambled and put it on. Now, I plan on burning it.

I get it, but I think it was on me.  I wore the same shirt for every game except OU.  Half time of that game I caught a snap and changed, but it was too late.

Yesterday I had a lot of shit going on and didn’t realize I was not dressed appropriately until late in the 2nd.   Needless to say, at that point I knew what to expect, a heart breaking end to a close near win.   

I’ll do better next season.

And scotch.  The 53 year old stuff and plenty of it.   Still drinking in fact. 

31 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

We are proud of your progress. 

Fuck him, to even dare relate aggy to us in such a way. I mean we're not exactly whining about an App State loss. This was a big time game with big stakes.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Feel Good Fun GIF by Sylvia Boomer Yang

• Haha 1

Considering 4 months ago we weren't even expecting to be in such a position, I'm ok with it overall. It sucks, absolutely. Why? Because we were there and had that opportunity so close. But things happen, and here we are. While disappointing, it shouldn't take away from the rest of the accomplishments this season. We're growing, and still have a long, golden brick road ahead of us. Really, the CFP shot was like getting a lottery ticket as a gift. Most likely isn't going to be great when you scratch it, but there was a chance.

2 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

I'm blaming myself because I wore my favorite Texas cap to watch the game. I haven't worn it all year and in previous years, it was bad luck and cost us games. But I thought the curse was broken and I wanted to wear it more so I gambled and put it on. Now, I plan on burning it.

I fully blame you. 100%. My god man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

If Sark continues to build this program and improving his gameday coaching instead of shitting the bed like Mack did after 2009, then I'm fine with it.

I would have loved to have won last night but it would have felt like we got away with one. We have a long long way to go and a shitload of work to do in this program. This season should just be a stepping stone.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Meh, it's a bunch of teenagers (with the exception of UW's 6th year QB) playing a game on a big stage.  Most (or a lot) of them will make more money in a couple of years than I've made in a lifetime.

So "dealing" with it isn't a thing - I'm happy the team had a great season and exceeded my expectations.  I'm a little bummed they didn't have it together as a team enough to progress to the next level.   I'm happy for them.  Other than that my life goes on regardless of wtf happens with UT football.  I'm not an aggy.  Hook'em.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 6

16 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Meh, it's a bunch of teenagers (with the exception of UW's 6th year QB) playing a game on a big stage.  Most (or a lot) of them will make more money in a couple of years than I've made in a lifetime.

So "dealing" with it isn't a thing - I'm happy the team had a great season and exceeded my expectations.  I'm a little bummed they didn't have it together as a team enough to progress to the next level.   I'm happy for them.  Other than that my life goes on regardless of wtf happens with UT football.  I'm not an aggy.  Hook'em.

This is exactly the healing some may be looking for. 

Not angry at the team at all.     Washington was much better than I thought and it was their night to have the breaks go their way.   I’m still pissed at the Big 10 Ref screw job though.   Because we all know the social media world would be having a shit fit right now if the shoe was on the other foot and an SEC crew called the game and we won and if Bama was waiting to play us next week.   And not too mention all the fricken dip shit aggys out there taunting us today when the last month and half of their program has been a titanic like disaster.       Screw those putos.     

• Hook 'Em 2

Meh... I'm sad the journey has ended. I've enjoyed the endless YouTube content each week dissecting these games and opponents. I thought this game was going to be an uphill climb for us with low probability of success and we almost won. The penalties on offense will probably haunt this offensive line for years to come, sadly. But I'm moving on to following the recruiting and portal news I guess.

I also found ways to take some inspiration from this team and apply it to my personal life, so there's that.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Disagree.  The worst losses are when you know for a fact you're the far better team, you just shit the bed and gave it away, much like that Halloween night in Lubbock.

I'm not thrilled but can tip my hat to penix and acknowledge it wasn't our day.  But we should have bitch slapped that tech team.

Good point. Now I'm stewing even more over Lubbock. Thanks a lot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On one hand never would have thought we were blown shitty secondary away from an undefeated season and a CFP
but the reality was we all know penis was gonna throw for 500000 yards on our secondary and once the ref fuckery was apparent the L was to be accepted.  Even playing what looked like our worst game of the year we still should have won if that pass hit AD in the chest.  

sarks play calling in the last 20 seconds made the Bama play caller look like a savant.  

we played with house money and it was better than I thought. 
Pretty much my sentiments. My son kinda took it pretty hard though. "House money" and what have you for me, but J Witt has been his favorite player for two years plus. Having him go out like that so close; sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

We just finished a season we thought would be continued improvement, but weren't sure because most of our coaches are idoits. It turned out better than most of us - including me - expected. We won twelve games outright, and all but the last few seconds of the other two games. 

Great fucking year, and kudos as well as heart-felt thanks to all coaches and players.

Well, and thanks etc. to Surly in general.

Except for a few, and you know who they are.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 1

I dealt with the workday by getting breakfast for the office. I dealt with the hangover by drinking two liquid iv's. I am going to sleep like a baby and dream about our bright future.

We played like shit and almost won in the last seconds. Life is too short to sob about a game. I love this program and I will ride with them no matter what.

Horns up. Hook'em baby! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:
On one hand never would have thought we were blown shitty secondary away from an undefeated season and a CFP
but the reality was we all know penis was gonna throw for 500000 yards on our secondary and once the ref fuckery was apparent the L was to be accepted.  Even playing what looked like our worst game of the year we still should have won if that pass hit AD in the chest.  

sarks play calling in the last 20 seconds made the Bama play caller look like a savant.  

we played with house money and it was better than I thought. 

Pretty much my sentiments. My son kinda took it pretty hard though. "House money" and what have you for me, but J Witt has been his favorite player for two years plus. Having him go out like that so close; sucks

Watching my kid being pissed about it is way worse than anything I'm feeling. I'm like most where I figured we were playing with house money, so I'm OK with losing that game, because Lord knows I've seen worse.

And I'm a gentleman, so I won't mention those games I am still pissed about, unlike others on this thread. 

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

I woke up feeling the cheesiest 

If you're going to mention a different bowl game, you could have at least said, "I jumped out of bed this morning like I popped out of a toaster. But now I feel like I've had my skin eaten off of me and I've been left on the floor to slowly die." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Last night's game was tough to take, but at the same time gives me nothing but confidence going forward. 

I mean, it took a 6th year, Heisman runner-up QB playing a near perfect game to beat us...and we still had a chance to win it at the end.  Not to mention the help from the refs and our RBs coughing it up twice.

I'm not into moral victories, so I won't go that direction, but how could any Longhorn fan watch the game last night and not feel great about the future.  Our long walk through the desert finally looks to be over.  We're back baby!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

She lets you fart on her while getting it on?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1