Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Dude Charlie Strong sucked. Nobody even needed to fuck him behind the scenes. Dude was the biggest fucking failure in Texas history. 

Sure. He did. Never said he didn't.

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Hey, if you say so. But I didn't hear it in Roswell (when I was there last week). I heard it here (or the old place). There was a lot of talk about it at the time by people who know a lot more about the program than I do. That's a big part of why "Fuck red McCombs" started. I didn't just pull it outta my ass. Calm down.

calm down dude.  he didn't work behind the scenes to fuck charlie, charlie did that all on his own.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

calm down dude.  he didn't work behind the scenes to fuck charlie, charlie did that all on his own.  

I'm fine. Like I said ... If you say so. At the time though, there was a lot of talk about it here/the other place. Maybe you don't remember. I dunno.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

I'm fine. Like I said ... If you say so. At the time though, there was a lot of talk about it here/the other place. Maybe you don't remember. I dunno.

I'm fine too.  I remember it all, unfortunately...

22 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

You'd have to pay the rowing and swimming teams etc the same amounts.  The amount the best players get will decrease and recruiting will go back to under the table bag payments like before.

If football players ever get a share of TV revenue, you can be sure that the framework in that future will be a lot different than it is now and Title IX will have no say in the matter.

6 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I am the perfect negative indicator as a coach picker.  I loved the Herman hire, was highly skeptical about Sark, and was actually worried when Aggy hired Jimbo.  ADs should hire me and immediately blackball my top choices.  In short l, I'm just a simple farmer, person of the land, the common clay of the new west.  You know, a moron.

I'm saying this because I think bama knocked it out of the park with this hire.  So that's a great sign for us and our SEC chances with one less contender to deal with.

BlazingSaddlesMorons.gif.2a09d04629297357610a0061ee1b8fa7.gif

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Not a masterclass: an opportunist, like a buzzard  hanging out next to a busy highway waiting for roadkill. The timing was likely Saban’s , not Sexton’s but of course he was in position to pounce. Don’t have to be a genius to leverage that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm actually impressed that someone who thought it was a good idea to purchase a literal shit cake used the correct version of "you're"

I'll give them an "A" for punctuation but an "F" apiece in plumbing tech. ed. and physics because that lame ass plunger cannot take care of that load.

I honestly can't see DeBoer lasting very long at Bama. Saban left a legacy that has Bama fans, boosters and alumni with such high and unrealistic expectations. The pressure to win there is thru the roof. They've been spoiled with winning and will throw a fit and act like it's the God damn apocalypse if they lose 3 or more games a year. He'll be there for maybe 4 or 5 years and then they'll get rid of him. You never wanna be the guy after THE guy. Look how many coaches Bama went thru to get Saban after Stallings. 

• Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

16 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I am the perfect negative indicator as a coach picker.  I loved the Herman hire, was highly skeptical about Sark, and was actually worried when Aggy hired Jimbo.  ADs should hire me and immediately blackball my top choices.  In short l, I'm just a simple farmer, person of the land, the common clay of the new west.  You know, a moron.

I'm saying this because I think bama knocked it out of the park with this hire.  So that's a great sign for us and our SEC chances with one less contender to deal with.

Ahhhh....the Colonel Klink of College coach selection.

17 hours ago, YGIFS said:

good lord, which nationalist party is he running for office for?  

As a blonde dude with a blonde wife and two kids straight out of Scandinavian central casting, let he who doesn't look like the most white bred family in America when taking professional family photos throw the first stone.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

With Saban retired, Tom Herman is the last ACTIVE coach to get a win over Kirby Smart.

image.png

I didn’t realize just how close that dog came from getting a horn up the ass.  Does PETA get mad when animals attack other animals?

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

As a blonde dude with a blonde wife and two kids straight out of Scandinavian central casting, let he who doesn't look like the most white bred family in America when taking professional family photos throw the first stone.

Point taken.  But the reason I brought it up was because it looks exactly like a certain consulting firm's idea of the photo on a candidate landing page when running for office in the South.  I mean, it's literally a stock photo example.  He's a great coach and I'm sure a nice guy IRL.  But look at it, it's like one of 50 cards I receive at Christmas from rich white people like this.  No judgement, just a humorous observation on my end.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Bama’s has won at least 11 games every single season since 2008, except for 2010, when they won 10 games. All while playing in the SEC West.

Debouer is fucked. No one is coming close to that kind of success, probably ever.

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

And there it is. Another 15 years of Bama dominance. Thanks a lot asshole. 

Incorrect.

There is no SEC west anymore

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Bama’s has won at least 11 games every single season since 2008, except for 2010, when they won 10 games. All while playing in the SEC West.

Debouer is fucked. No one is coming close to that kind of success, probably ever.

Denzel Washington GIF

• Haha 2

I don’t see how the UW O matches with the Bama personnel.How does the UW offense work with Milroe? Does Milroe portal? Does Bama bring in another QB through the portal? Does Debeor reinvent his O for Milroe? Where are the 3 WRs at Bama that can go out and so what they asked at UW?

Right now I am seeing a box of mismatched parts and I am not seeing the Bama faithful be that patient next season as they try to put them all together in a cohesive unit while dropping games early. With all of the motion and shifts they do presnap, it is going to be extremely difficult to get the install in in one offseason anyways, but with the players they have it makes me doubt it is going to be effective.

Bama needs an experienced QB and 1 (2 once Bond leaves) WR at a minimum to portal in to get the O at an acceptable place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I don’t see how the UW O matches with the Bama personnel.How does the UW offense work with Milroe? Does Milroe portal? Does Bama bring in another QB through the portal? Does Debeor reinvent his O for Milroe? Where are the 3 WRs at Bama that can go out and so what they asked at UW?

Maybe somebody already said this, but Will Rogers to Alabama?

DeBoer did very well at u dub without having a raft of blue chip recruits. They were something like #25 in recruits landed over last five years. Bama locker room may be a mess, but the cupboard isn’t bare. So, there’s that. He may exceed Surly expectations if not that of ADD delusional Bama fans. His coach coronation is today at 1pm. I hope he’s breaking down UGA defenses in his mind today. We shall see. I have no assumptions.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, DixonHur said:

So, how many years does Deboer last at Bama.

I'm putting the O/U at 4

I could see him jumping to the NFL in 3 years.  He could win 33 games in that time and that fanbase would still be calling for his head.

Edited by TOR
wooda cooda shooda
  • Hook 'Em 1