Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

Weak ass tantrums like the one he threw is the type of stuff that cuts a two year leash down to one.

Hunter, Abmas, Cunningham, Disu, Horton and Mitchell are all gone after this year. There is literally no reason to retain him if Tre Johnson doesn’t show up on campus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Weak ass tantrums like the one he threw is the type of stuff that cuts a two year leash down to one.

Hunter, Abmas, Cunningham, Disu, Horton and Mitchell are all gone after this year. There is literally no reason to retain him if Tre Johnson doesn’t show up on campus.

True FR are not going to do anything for RT next year with all the roster turnover. 

Hire a top-tier coach like Donovan and retaining those type recruits is still in play. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

True FR are not going to do anything for RT next year with all the roster turnover. 

Hire a top-tier coach like Donovan and retaining those type recruits is still in play. 

I’ve never seen it work out like that. 

Tre Johnson is someone you can build an offense around if we get a true point guard in here. It would be gutting to see 4 five stars never play here in a span of two years but I guess everything is on the table at this point.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’ve never seen it work like that. 

Tre Johnson is someone you can build an offense around if we get a true point guard in here. It would be gutting to see 4 five stars never play here in a span of two years but I guess everything is on the table at this point.

I have little faith in RT being able to build a roster around 3 true FR. 

Those recruits should have no impact because they will likely be gone in a year due to the NBA or coaching change. This same argument was made for Greg Brown and retaining Shaka. It resulted in zero NCAA tournament wins and 1 year of Greg Brown. 

• Rage+1 1

Yeah Terry is done and he knows it. But this was always going to be the ending - the interim is never the right guy. It's too hard to recover from losing Chris Beard within only a year...Terry will have to be the patsy for this program for a year or two.

I couldn't care less about some post-game handshake petulance.  I do care that it took a career night from a bench guy to keep us close to a team we led 22-6 at one point.  If you turn a 16 point lead into a 6 point loss at home against a team should have beaten by nearly double digits, you have problems, and they run deep.  What the fuck?

• Hook 'Em 1

my twitter and IG feeds are a veritable deluge of posts showing the RT handshake scene, replete with countless derisive comments about Texas being soft, about how we do the Horns up when we win so who gives a damn if they do the horns down when we lose, about how thin skinned and pampered Texas is, about how we deserve this coach, etc, etc.

i definitely care about the postgame handshake petulance. it was a terrible look after a terrible loss, and being that We’re Texas ™, everyone and their mom is more than happy to pounce all over this. it’s bad press at a bad time, and it does matter. RT fucked up tonight, in multiple ways, and for now we are the deserved laughingstock of college basketball.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Horns down isn’t classless it’s a sign of respect. You know why no one does the thumbs down at aggy? Because no one gives a fuck about Aggy. They do that because we matter and we matter so much they do horns down at us. But I was told on this thread by some to leave RT alone and let the season play out!!!!! Funny how they don’t come here and comment after a horrific home loss to another shitty team. 

Now watch us beat Baylor Saturday which will be totally on brand for a RT coached team, losing to shit teams but then coming out focused against the good ones and playing them close or winning. I bet they knock off a couple of the “big dogs” before the season ends but also losing to more bottom dwellers.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Do you all really think we fire Terry after this season even if we lose out?   

You have to think he lost the locker room with the post game comments to the UCF players.    One thing for sure is we are not going to get final scoreboards against KU, K State , etc like we did in football and the rest of the road trips are going to be brutal from a crowd taunting us standpoint.  

When does baseball start?

Edited by Nueces River Rat

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You have to think he lost the locker room with the post game comments to the UCF players.    One thing for sure is we are not going to get final scoreboards against the KU, K State , etc like we did in football and the rest of the road trips are going to be brutal from a crowd taunting us standpoint.  

We should but only if we have a guy lined up. Maybe even if we don't. 

The guy isn't doing well with an experienced roster we have....he'll do worse next year when the roster is so young. Good luck trying to recruit portal as well with shit results from this year.

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Horns down isn’t classless it’s a sign of respect. You know why no one does the thumbs down at aggy? Because no one gives a fuck about Aggy. They do that because we matter and we matter so much they do horns down at us. But I was told on this thread by some to leave RT alone and let the season play out!!!!! Funny how they don’t come here and comment after a horrific home loss to another shitty team. 

Now watch us beat Baylor Saturday which will be totally on brand for a RT coached team, losing to shit teams but then coming out focused against the good ones and playing them close or winning. I bet they knock off a couple of the “big dogs” before the season ends but also losing to more bottom dwellers.

I love it but it’s the ultimate sign of disrespect 

31 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeesh. Whining publicly about the horns down is a really bad look. You dont want scrub teams like UCF doing horns down, beat the scrub teams.

Yea. Just bad look and I believe uncharacteristic but he just lost to two of the worst conference teams and he’s staring at a tough schedule.  It’s more about the job than the horns down.  He was yelling at benchwarmers and it cut me when one of the guys said “why you mad?”

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We should but only if we have a guy lined up. Maybe even if we don't. 

The guy isn't doing well with an experienced roster we have....he'll do worse next year when the roster is so young. Good luck trying to recruit portal as well with shit results from this year.

Every good AD has a list for every coaching position 

Bad look for RT.  Dont think it was just about the horns down. Hes legit frustrated but he has to be an adult 

He needs to direct that ire on the team … guys like Hunter and Disu gotta show every game, Abmas needs to play smarter, and our bigs can’t be embarrassed on the boards like that at home

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You have to think he lost the locker room with the post game comments to the UCF players.    One thing for sure is we are not going to get final scoreboards against KU, K State , etc like we did in football and the rest of the road trips are going to be brutal from a crowd taunting us standpoint.  

I'm not counting on actually firing Terry after the season... should but not likely. As far as locker room, I feel when a team like UCF out rebounds you almost 2-1 at home... it's already been lost.  That's effort or lack thereof.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

1. Rodney Terry is a sensitive baby that is not cut out to be the head coach at the University of Texas. He deserves the criticism. 

2. All the people on social media saying "Texas ain't ready for the SEC" blah blah blah are simply wishcasting and pouncing on anything they can find after Texas' successful football season and the program's overall momentum. They are scared. Fuck'em. 

Counterpoint: If UCF players had been flipping off our fans at court side, and Terry said the exact same thing, what would the reaction be? 

I think the right thing to do is to allow him to finish the season. Any talk of him coaching next year is crazy to me right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Bad look for RT.  Dont think it was just about the horns down. Hes legit frustrated but he has to be an adult 

Yeah, not necessary to talk to other team's players.  RT is lucky it didn't turn into a fight due to his actions...

smdh

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Counterpoint: If UCF players had been flipping off our fans at court side, and Terry said the exact same thing, what would the reaction be? 

I think the right thing to do is to allow him to finish the season. Any talk of him coaching next year is crazy to me right now.

That is different and not relevant to this. You DO NOT get to coach another teams players....worry about your own. 

We've spent years and have comments from the highest authorities in Texas admin saying we don't care about Horns down and had alignment in embracing the hate. Rodney Terry with his actions and follow up literally set that back. It's embarrassing and soft. Terry taking his frustrations out on an opposing team because he's done a shit job this year is sad.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 6

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

My reaction would be the same because it isn’t RTs job to tell UCF players how to act. They have their own coach. He needs to worry about his own team.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That is different and nor relevant to this. You DO NOT get to coach another teams players....worry about your own. 

We've spent years and have comments from the highest authorities in Texas admin saying we don't care about Horns down and had alignment in embracing the hate. Rodney Terry with his actions and follow up literally set that back. It's embarrassing and soft. Terry taking his frustrations out on an opposing team because he's done a shit job this year is sad.

Wait what am I doing. I agree. Maybe this triggers a clause where we can get out of his buyout? 

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I hear there is a new up and comer at Ole Miss that might be worth a look

Wish we could take a look at his rival at Mississippi State, Chris Jans. Cut from the same cloth as Beard. Has won everywhere he’s been from Bowling Green to New Mexico State to the JUCO ranks.

Unfortunately he also got fired from Bowling Green for lightly spanking a women at a local bar. State of Mississippi seems to have a type for their basketball coaches.

37 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Any talk of him coaching next year is crazy to me right now.

LOL, Texas isn't going to fire him after 1 year

Charlie got 2 more years after 5-7
Sark is in his third year after starting 5-7
Shaka got 4 more years after 11-22

Pierce is in year 5 after 27-27

He will get at least 2 years. So accept it now

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

LOL, Texas isn't going to fire him after 1 year

Charlie got 2 more years after 5-7
Sark is in his third year after starting 5-7
Shaka got 4 more years after 11-22

He will get at least 2 years. So accept it now

IMO he should be on a much shorter leash considering the circumstances around his hiring. 

Also, it's readily apparent that he is not fit for this job.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Red Five said:

IMO he should be on a much shorter leash considering the circumstances around his hiring. 

Also, it's readily apparent that he is not fit for this job.

That’s why I said 2 and not 3

Even Louisville didn’t cut bait on Payne after 4-28. Barring an off the court scandal or massive NCAA infractions, you cannot fire a coach after his first season. And like it or not, this is RT’s true first season 

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeesh. Whining publicly about the horns down is a really bad look. You dont want scrub teams like UCF doing horns down, beat the scrub teams.

That isn't how Horns Down works. We could beat them by 40 100 times in a row, they will still do Horns Down.

But Terry probably doesn't care at that point.

8 hours ago, Juke_Em said:

Yeah Terry is done and he knows it. But this was always going to be the ending - the interim is never the right guy. It's too hard to recover from losing Chris Beard within only a year...Terry will have to be the patsy for this program for a year or two.