2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

I'll say this. Joe looks like an older fella slowing down a bit. Dotard looks like a stroke victim or someone with neuropathy or something causing ataxia. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'll say this. Joe looks like an older fella slowing down a bit. Dotard looks like a stroke victim or someone with neuropathy or something causing ataxia. 

No shit. Compare this video where Trump needs a railing for like 4 steps vs the video of Biden strolling down the capitol steps.

20 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This a perfect example of how the far-right has gamed the system and discourse and why we are so fucked. 

Trump can say stupid/horrible shit everyday that can't be disputed, but fucking one time that context can be "disputed" and it's an all out siege from these fucking assholes.  

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This a perfect example of how the far-right has gamed the system and discourse and why we are so fucked. 

Trump can say stupid/horrible shit everyday that can't be disputed, but fucking one time that context can be "disputed" and it's an all out siege from these fucking assholes.  

Meanwhile, they will continue to attempt to distort anything and everything to suit their narrative.  I still can't get over the time that one witness merely mentioned that Barron Trump exists and the entire right wing ecosystem acted like she was ordering a hit on the kid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Meanwhile, they will continue to attempt to distort anything and everything to suit their narrative.  I still can't get over the time that one witness merely mentioned that Barron Trump exists and the entire right wing ecosystem acted like she was ordering a hit on the kid.

Republicans can pretty much do or say anything with zero repercussions. Democrats have to be perfect. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Also they're lying about the context.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, man. He’ll never get the credit he deserves for saving democracy at least once. 

13 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I mean honestly, outside of that, he's been my favorite president since... well, ever, really. I don't think we've had a president where I agreed with what he did more, and disagreed with what he did less. And he did a lot.

Prior to Israel I'd have considered him the best POTUS of my lifetime (starting, technically, with Bush 1 but I really don't remember much before Bush 2 second term) without serious competition. That may still be the case but I'd have to think about that now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Prior to Israel I'd have considered him the best POTUS of my lifetime (starting, technically, with Bush 1 but I really don't remember much before Bush 2 second term) without serious competition. That may still be the case but I'd have to think about that now. 

I tihnk he's starting to wake up and turn it around, too slowly and perhaps too late. The Schumer thing shocked me in a pleasant way. Tells me the Dems are beginning to take the issue seriously for electoral purposes.

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Every time I see something like this I think "Eh, that's fine. But there's so much more they left on the bone..." and then I remind myself that they're not going to make a 185 hour-long ad detailing every horrific thing he's said and done. There's just too much content. 

I wish they would lean into him being a phony, or a conman. "This incredible businessman is half a billion in debt and can't find anyone who will loan it to him."

• Hook 'Em 2

• Very few members of Trump's former cabinet have endorsed his 2024 re-election campaign.
  • NBC News reached out to over 40 former cabinet members, finding just 4 publicly endorsed Trump.
  • Other former cabinet members burned by Trump are advocating against him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/members-trumps-cabinet-just-4-endorsed-him-2024-nbc-2023-7

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:
  • Very few members of Trump's former cabinet have endorsed his 2024 re-election campaign.
  • NBC News reached out to over 40 former cabinet members, finding just 4 publicly endorsed Trump.
  • Other former cabinet members burned by Trump are advocating against him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/members-trumps-cabinet-just-4-endorsed-him-2024-nbc-2023-7

From the "it doesn't matter what republicans do at all but democrats must be perfect" department... If *one* former member of Biden's cabinet (one, not 40) said they couldn't endorse him, it's all you would hear about until November. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

From the "it doesn't matter what republicans do at all but democrats must be perfect" department... If *one* former member of Biden's cabinet (one, not 40) said they couldn't endorse him, it's all you would hear about until November. 

Yep.   It doesn't matter who does/does not endorse him if no one is willing to publicly also say they will not be voting for him either.   I caught a few seconds of Pence on a Sunday morning show and Margeret Brennan asked him if he vote for Trump and Pence just dithered and dallied around it.  We all know those pudfuckers are going to vote for him anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Yep.   It doesn't matter who does/does not endorse him if no one is willing to publicly also say they will not be voting for him either.   I caught a few seconds of Pence on a Sunday morning show and Margeret Brennan asked him if he vote for Trump and Pence just dithered and dallied around it.  We all know those pudfuckers are going to vote for him anyway.

Well, they HAVE been saying that, haven't they?

11 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Pence will be passive-aggressive and just stay home.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is extremely encouraging: while Trump and the RNC appear to be close to broke, Biden and the Democrats are sitting on 153 million in cash and picked up 53 million more just last month.  

https://apnews.com/article/election-2024-biden-campaign-fundraising-b108bb7e26ec765917ec2f6d6a04bcda

They should start spending the $153 million by buying all the commercial airtime between September and November. Leave no airtime for Trump and his maga ilk. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is extremely encouraging: while Trump and the RNC appear to be close to broke, Biden and the Democrats are sitting on 153 million in cash and picked up 53 million more just last month.  

https://apnews.com/article/election-2024-biden-campaign-fundraising-b108bb7e26ec765917ec2f6d6a04bcda

The Daily podcast detailed this and how Trump absorbing the RNC is a gambit to overcome Biden's money advantage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/19/podcasts/the-daily/trump-rnc-election.html

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Seems like that would have negative consequences down ballot, no?

That's one of the things they discuss. The Trump campaign's "bet" is that if Trump performs well, then that success will all trickle down ballot. Coattails, if you will. Personally, I don't buy it.

10 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That's one of the things they discuss. The Trump campaign's "bet" is that if Trump performs well, then that success will all trickle down ballot. Coattails, if you will. Personally, I don't buy it.

It sort of worked in 16. He pulled a few senate candidates across the line in PA and WI 

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

img_1_1710848167231.thumb.jpg.3b27c9d97c182903b6c224fb1d9fc132.jpg

To be accurate, this quote is from the Obama-McCain election season.  But it still fits.

39 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Trickle Down Elections!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It sort of worked in 16. He pulled a few senate candidates across the line in PA and WI 

I mean, I see the logic in that a good portion of Trump's base might be unreliable voters who won't come out unless he's on the ballot. But there are also the issues related to the Trumpkins hollowing out of the RNC's infrastructure and expertise just a few months before an election, along with the ongoing GQP civil war. How many of those down-ballot candidates haven't sworn fealty to Trump or, at the very least, weren't endorsed by him in the primaries? I honestly don't know. They're just putting everything into the Trump basket, and I think some people, who might be mushy middle voters that might not be enthused by Trump, could stay home if they didn't have an awareness of someone lower on the ballot that could catch their attention.

Slow day at the polls in HILL 2-D-01. We’ve had just over 240 voters total. I’m working the paper/provisional ballot table and finally had my first and only voter (so far) shortly before 3:30. She was a 17-year-old voting for the first time. She cast a Dem ballot. She’s one of only two 17-YO voters on our list, both female. Need the young women to turn out and defend their rights.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Slow day at the polls in HILL 2-D-01. We’ve had just over 240 voters total. I’m working the paper/provisional ballot table and finally had my first and only voter (so far) shortly before 3:30. She was a 17-year-old voting for the first time. She cast a Dem ballot. She’s one of only two 17-YO voters on our list, both female. Need the young women to turn out and defend their rights.

100% of the electorate was young female then.  That portends well. 

With half an hour until the polls close, we’ve processed 315 voters and #316 just walked in. The two 17-year-olds have been the only ones to visit my table. (Now #317 is here. Come on! Have an expired license or something!)

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

With half an hour until the polls close, we’ve processed 315 voters and #316 just walked in. The two 17-year-olds have been the only ones to visit my table. (Now #317 is here. Come on! Have an expired license or something!)

I had read Ohio turnout was pretty abysmal 

the Ohio GOP exits (Grain of salt!!!) has 11% voting for Biden in November and 8% not voting for either 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

"The problem with Reb Beach is that he graduated from Berklee."