Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

My personal twitter account which I have spent no time curating is a fascinating scroll through. It’s filled with anti immigrant stuff, straight up conspiracy theory nonsense and a bunch of stonks idiots pretending to be quants. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, immamac said:

My personal twitter account which I have spent no time curating is a fascinating scroll through. It’s filled with anti immigrant stuff, straight up conspiracy theory nonsense and a bunch of stonks idiots pretending to be quants. 

That sounds just like the DT board. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, immamac said:

I still scroll through the "For You" feed. Even though it's incredibly frustrating I still want to see what the algorithm is suggesting. The conservative/right wing stuff is much different now. I haven't see a Ben Shapiro or Daily Wire or Fox News tweet in ages. It's all culture war/Tesla/AI-focused accounts. Absolutely zero tweets from leftist type accounts show up. 

I also have a separate account focused more on music/bands that I rarely use. But I get 2-3 phone notifications a day with tweets focused on Taylor Swift (even though I don't follow or ever post about her). I'm guessing Elon is just trying to find ways to get more traffic from younger people. 

I'm on Surly WAY more these days and it's probably a direct effect from how shitty Twitter has become under Elon. Paying people for high engagement is the biggest dumbfuckery move that Musk made. Twitter is overrun with scammers. His version of "free speech" is paying him monthly to boost engagement and push you to the top of all replies. All non-blue checks are thrown by the wayside. He truly is the biggest dipshit asshole. When I am king he will be first against the wall. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I still scroll through the "For You" feed. Even though it's incredibly frustrating I still want to see what the algorithm is suggesting. The conservative/right wing stuff is much different now. I haven't see a Ben Shapiro or Daily Wire or Fox News tweet in ages. It's all culture war/Tesla/AI-focused accounts. Absolutely zero tweets from leftist type accounts show up. 

I also have a separate account focused more on music/bands that I rarely use. But I get 2-3 phone notifications a day with tweets focused on Taylor Swift (even though I don't follow or ever post about her). I'm guessing Elon is just trying to find ways to get more traffic from younger people. 

I'm on Surly WAY more these days and it's probably a direct effect from how shitty Twitter has become under Elon. Paying people for high engagement is the biggest dumbfuckery move that Musk made. Twitter is overrun with scammers. His version of "free speech" his paying him monthly to boost engagement and push you to the top of all replies. All non-blue checks are thrown by the wayside. He truly is the biggest dipshit asshole. When I am king he will be first against the wall. 

The enshittification of Twitter and Facebook has forced me onto surly a lot more.  I went from 4-5 hours per week on those 2 sites, checking surly maybe an hour a week, to never logging into Twitter, checking Facebook 15 min/week, and spending 2-3 hrs/day on surly.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Screenshot_20240226_082604_Chrome.thumb.jpg.35cbaa9f8bba7cdb69766dae3cdb54ed.jpg

“I think I’ve got a pretty good understanding as an outsider of China,” Musk said on the All-In Podcast. “From their standpoint, maybe it is analogous to Hawaii or something like that, like an integral part of China that is arbitrarily not part of China.”

jfc

• Rage+1 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

45 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

“I think I’ve got a pretty good understanding as an outsider of China,” Musk said on the All-In Podcast. “From their standpoint, maybe it is analogous to Hawaii or something like that, like an integral part of China that is arbitrarily not part of China.”

jfc

He's going to go down so poorly in history and I, for one, am here for it 

I hope he dies in the funniest way possible and they rename the Darwin Awards to the Musk Awards

• Hook 'Em 5

46 minutes ago, NoName said:

I hope he dies in the funniest way possible and they rename the Darwin Awards to the Musk Awards

dies when he is run over by a Tesla in his stupid tunnel under Las Vegas. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

This account has over 400k followers. Is involved in tech and AI. And thought this video was real. 

Check out the quote tweets. A bunch of Elon bootlickers who think the video is real as well. Either they're all bots or just the stupidest people alive. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

3 hours ago, NoName said:

He keeps publicly showing over-and-over that things he thinks are new or novel have been known by everybody else for a while, as if they didn’t exist until he personally discovered them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He keeps publicly showing over-and-over that things he thinks are new or novel have been known by everybody else for a while, as if they didn’t exist until he personally discovered them. 

Gosh.  I wonder if there's any other prominent figure in American public life who's like that?  Man....I wonder.  I mean, in recent years, I've heard that most people don't know that Lincoln was a Republican.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/25/2024 at 7:10 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, Elon bought a laptop today, and he's puzzled over Microsoft's terms of use when setting up a new device:

So, he started to use Twitter as tech support, and says he reached out to the CEO of Microsoft:

GHNvhPAaEAA00wn?format=jpg&name=large

22 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Dumbest fucking guy.

6f2ad464-b43a-41a3-ac23-ebf17a0a1390.png

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

He seems to have fired all the tech support people and is left alone thirsting for attention on twitter?

image.png.b308576cdd30bf38eb9852b55d29ba6c.png

Man all the Elon stans really show their true colors here. Everyone is offering him tech support, but no one stops to ask: 

“Why the fuck do you use windows instead of Linux?”

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

dies when he is run over by a Tesla burned to death by toxic sludge in his stupid tunnel under Las Vegas. 

FIFY

bloomberg https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-02-26/elon-musk-las-vegas-loop-tunnel-has-construction-safety-issues?srnd=phoenix-americas

image.thumb.png.833cd00f71b6940f0347c8a214077862.png

rest of the article

Like others interviewed for this story, the tunnel worker spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing reprisals from the billionaire who operates it: Elon Musk. For nearly a decade, Musk’s tunneling venture, the Boring Company, has made grand pronouncements about buildi

ng an underground mass-transit system he calls “the hyperloop.” Musk once described this technology as a system of futuristic pods capable of ferrying people between major cities at the speed of sound. He suggested that a hyperloop would allow people to commute between New York City and Washington, DC, or between San Francisco and Los Angeles, in about half an hour.

That these boasts were taken seriously enough for Boring to raise about $800 million in outside capital, with its most recent valuation reaching $6 billion, speaks to the mythology surrounding Musk. These days, however, his luster has dimmed somewhat. His takeover of Twitter has been marked by huge losses and reports that board members are concerned about his mental health and drug use. Musk has laughed these off. His car company, Tesla, is stagnating. As Musk put it, optimistically, on an earnings call, the company is “between two major growth waves.” In January, a federal judge voided the $55 billion pay package that Tesla had awarded Musk, calling it “unfathomable” and concluding that the automaker’s board was too friendly to its CEO. The latest controversy: On Feb. 24 Forbes reported that the chair of the House China committee had accused Musk's satellite internet service, Starlink, of possibly breaching a government contract by withholding services to Taiwan. Musk has yet to respond to that claim.

Through all of this, Musk has said relatively little about the Boring Company, perhaps because of the gaping distance between his promises and execution. After more than seven years in business, the company’s only commercial project amounts to a drastically scaled-down shuttle bus system for the Vegas convention center. Mostly, it takes passengers from one side of the convention center to the other. There’s also a spur that takes guests between the convention center and the Resorts World hotel, which sits on the far side of Las Vegas Boulevard. The system operates only during conventions, and attendees ride in Tesla sedans limited to 40 miles per hour. The company has said the system can handle more than 4,500 passengers hourly.

The Encore and Westgate tunnels are extensions, part of a theoretical project to widen coverage to most of the Strip and downtown Las Vegas. But progress has been slow—so slow that Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman says she doubts it’ll ever happen. “It’s impractical,” says Goodman, who is claustrophobic and has yet to ride in any of the tunnels. “I pray that it works, but I see these stumbling blocks.” Among them, she says, are issues of capacity and safety.

Although no one has been killed at a Boring Company worksite in Las Vegas, the OSHA report shows some very close calls. Last summer, according to employees interviewed by the investigators, an intern was nearly crushed when a bin made out of two-ton concrete blocks collapsed. It had been overloaded with muck, the employees said, and the metal brackets holding it together gave way, sending the intern running. (The intern didn’t respond to inquiries for this story.) Altogether, OSHA found eight violations it categorized as “serious” and fined the Boring Company a total of $112,504 last fall.

image.thumb.png.a790593fe0d4de80f0569c973e787a8f.png

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Believe me; Elonsplaining is not something women are unfamiliar with it's just a different recipe for the same sauce.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, immamac said:

my "following" is fine, but if I accidentally end up on "For You" it's looneytunes. 

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Man all the Elon stans really show their true colors here. Everyone is offering him tech support, but no one stops to ask: 

“Why the fuck do you use windows instead of Linux?”

Or why he bought a cheap-ass laptop with a home version of Windows in the first place   

“But he’s an amazing engineer just like us!”

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or why he bought a cheap-ass laptop with a home version of Windows in the first place   

He talks about Extreme Hardcore engineering, and thinks he's this guy

4bDXKRN2arfPy.webp 

But really he's these guys

extreme.gif

(IYKYK)

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would venture to bet that he bought the latest Samsung galaxy book 4 ultra or something similar. 

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He called out Bob Iger during one of his infamous interviews, over Disney pulling advertising off of Twitter.

Oh yeah. Elon does so much stupid shit, it all run’s together. 

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

he said he could go fuck himself

He told companies to go fuck themselves. He told Bob Iger ‘Hi, Bob’

There is no accountability anywhere. It’s actually ridiculous. Companies and advertisers just don’t even care anymore because no one is holding them accountable. Not their customers, not their board of directors, not their own leadership, not their investors. We are on a runaway commercial rape train and the only thing you can do to get off is just jump and deal with it. 

Problem is people smart enough to jump and make a competing mode of transportation are in the diner car with an exclusive menu and discount vouchers. 

At some point people will realize that getting raped to enrich the worst people on earth is not worth it for the brain tingles you sometimes feel. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1