immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I was about to train for a half marathon this morning, but when I staggered into the kitchen I found a half eaten doughnut from last night. 

It’s really weird how that happens almost every day. 

Who the fuck eats half a donut? And then who the fuck eats half a donut, and then just leaves it out?

archer-ants.png

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Who the fuck eats half a donut? And then who the fuck eats half a donut, and then just leaves it out?

archer-ants.png

Did I say that? DID I SAY THAT!???

No, I never said I ate half of that donut and left it out, only to eat it later….or said I put on the Barry White 8 Track and made sweet, sweet, non-GMO love to the other half that is now tantalizingly lower than a living human’s temperature…No!!

I hope you know the old saying - when you ASSUME something you make…a mess…. of bad assuming junk….?

2 hours ago, NoName said:

man, Motown sure cares a lot for a guy who has repeatedly said he didn't care, this would be his last post in the thread - no THIS would be his last post in the thread - no THIS would be his last post in the thread, and who went into the situation knowing who and what he was dealing with.

if anyone didn't see his true stripes before, they most certainly have now.

fuck that guy

image.gif.23709a8c9a65ab3a7454c528729b7e0d.gif

I don't particularly give one shit or another about @MotownHorn but it seems to be poor form to keep discussing him in this thread when @immamac has expressly told him not to continue posting in it. Start a new thread about how much motownhorn sucks if you want, otherwise it's some cowardly shit to insult a poster who's not allowed to respond.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

What the fuck has this become, a fucking counseling session?

This is Imamacs garage, park here at your own risk.  If you don't feel safe parking here, park somewhere else. If he doesn't like you parked here, he'll have you towed.  

Man the fuck up or shut the fuck up.  

Pussies.

Edited by mulletpelini
mean words on screen hurt my feewings
  • Fuck You 1

56 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I don't particularly give one shit or another about @MotownHorn but it seems to be poor form to keep discussing him in this thread when @immamac has expressly told him not to continue posting in it. Start a new thread about how much motownhorn sucks if you want, otherwise it's some cowardly shit to insult a poster who's not allowed to respond.

Like Motown did repeatedly yesterday after Derka’s banning? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

What the fuck has this become, a fucking counseling session?

This is Imamacs garage, park here at your own risk.  If you don't feel safe parking here, park somewhere else. If he doesn't like you parked here, he'll have you towed.  

Man the fuck up or shut the fuck up.  

Pussies.

No.

We all need the opportunity to safely bully the bully. Cmon. 

Man, that's a shame. Derka was OUR guy and an icon. Sad to see him go. I know @immamac gave him a lot of rope but it just sucks. We all had our run-ins over the years but I feel like some guys are a staple and make the site what it is.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Man, that's a shame. Derka was OUR guy and an icon. Sad to see him go. I know @immamac gave him a lot of rope but it just sucks. We all had our run-ins over the years but I feel like some guys are a staple and make the site what it is.

I agree.  He was a spectator sport unto himself.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/8/2024 at 12:10 AM, Nicole44 said:

I get teased daily that I’m the Rainey Street Ripper. I mean it’s cool bc now my inbox isn’t flooded with crap anymore. Plus, I’m notorious now.

I’ve been on X lately a lot more bc I’m following a case of a young boy in Tennessee who went missing. He has autism. Someone very close to me has autism and this particular case strikes a chord with me. At any rate, most people are good people that follow this case.

but There are a few though that will find every tweet you make and attack you for thinking his mom/stepdad might be guilty. I used to respond to those attacks. It’s not like they stopped attacking and they agreed with me they just kept posting and attacking and I’d attack back.

and it derailed a very good thread regarding theories and information on this young boy. Finding him is so important. After that I no longer acknowledge. I just ignore. And keep ignoring. I don’t block anyone on the chance they might have good info but now that I ignore people instead of trying to make them agree with me, it doesn’t bother me anymore and it won’t derail threads. The OP can deal with it. Jmo. My two cents that no one asked for ever. 

Looking forward to returning to Austin at some point and hanging out in the entertainment district. Check out the lake and order some Chilean sea bass (the epitome of class and elegance in fine dining.) 

IMG_9329.jpeg

mam this is a derka thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Our man will be back before fall practice starts.  Hell, he will probably be back before the 4th of July and that's fine.

Not sure why the Derk got a permaban but our crypto scam boi is allowed back after at least five or six crowd sourcings.

• Hook 'Em 8

8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, wasn't there a purgatory people could be sent to for a cooling off period?  Wouldn't that be more appropriate?  It's imma's call of course, but permanation seems extreme.

Derkaville

• Haha 2

The absurdity of this thread is how serious people are taking it. Derka was not arrested and shipped off to Siberia until Stalin has a change of heart. The user account shadow_operative was disabled. That's it.

To the posters questioning the Derka ban and wondering how all of the other posters keep coming back.

This place doesn't have walls to keep people out. Anyone can be banned and then stroll back in 5 minutes later.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

The absurdity of this thread is how serious people are taking it. Derka was not arrested and shipped off to Siberia until Stalin has a change of heart. The user account shadow_operative was disabled. That's it.

To the posters questioning the Derka ban and wondering how all of the other posters keep coming back.

This place doesn't have walls to keep people out. Anyone can be banned and then stroll back in 5 minutes later.

we know. That’s why the ban was stupid. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2024 at 11:55 AM, shadow_operative said:

imagine that your direct supervisor at your job tells you that you and one of your coworkers are going to be competing for a promotion, and that the winner of said promotion would be whoever made the most sales. 

you continue to come into work every single day with your head down, consistently doing your job and making sales. meanwhile, your coworker has stopped coming into work altogether, other than to take his morning dump and steal the newspaper on his way back out the door. your direct supervisor is now repeatedly reprimanding your coworker for this frankly unbelievable behavior while you continue to do your job every day making sales.

they day of the promotion comes, you are excited to receive the promotion, when suddenly, your boss’s boss- a man who has gone out of his way to be a total POS to you on multiple occasions, a man who wears his personal hatred of you with pride- shows up and says, “your coworker is getting the promotion, and i have some new rules for you to follow, and if you don’t follow these new rules you’re fired.” are you seriously trying to tell me that you would just take all of this stride, shrug your shoulders, and accept it as if it was just some totally reasonable and simple request? i don’t think so. not even a little bit.

George-Costanza-working-for-Costanza-and

On 4/7/2024 at 12:58 PM, shadow_operative said:

do you have kids? if one of your kids kept going to school every day and getting picked on, bullied, and harassed by another kid who knew that your kid suffered from mental illness, would you flippantly ask your kid why he cares what other people think? would that be your solution?

this isn’t about what other people think, and frankly at this point you have to be pretty obtuse not to see that. this is about straight up online bullying a mentally ill person for sport. i’ve been putting up with his shit for over a year. i have put him on ignore multiple times and it has never worked because he has a gang of pals on the hoops board who quote all of his posts and who pile on, so i see everything he says anyways.

i asked this dude to leave me alone. i begged this dude to leave me alone. i literally never posted to/about him unprovoked, and he wouldn’t stop. threads kept getting derailed, people kept getting mad at me for it, and i kept saying, “jesus christ all i am doing i posting about hoops and this guy will not stop coming after me unprovoked.”

that’s when bob stepped in. that’s when bob told both of us to leave each other alone or get banned. that’s when motown repeatedly came after me, repeatedly earning himself bans. all the while, countless other posters still talk shit to/about me and you do not see me mentioning them or going to bob about them, do you? i don’t give a fuck what you think about me because i already know that the majority of people who actually post where i do and who aren’t antagonistic children actually like and appreciate me and my posts. other people not liking or appreciating me matters zero to me. this is not about that and never has been. at this point you either get that or you don’t. figure it out.

Difference is, a kid HAS to go to school. 

If I go to a bar that's full of assholes and get picked on...well, I don't go to the asshole bar ever again.  I find another, better, friendlier bar. 

I don't want anything bad to happen to Derka.   But I happen to believe that this board is bad for his mental health, and, "IF" (and it's a BIG FUCKING IF IMO) Derka is actually getting professional help for his mental health (from a REAL professional) that professional would conclude that his participation here is bad for him. 

And, I also believe that one can be both mentally ill, and be an asshole.  I was married to both. 

I've seen post after post, many from Derka himself, about how the "old" Derka was bad but the "new" Derka is so much better.   Looking through my lens, it's the same old bullshit from this guy. 

Derka, if you're reading this, go get some real help.  God Bless your mom, and Bob too, but dude, you need somebody with a professional degree helping you through your struggles. It may take a very long time, but it's worth investing the time. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I don't want anything bad to happen to Derka.   But I happen to believe that this board is bad for his mental health, and, "IF" (and it's a BIG FUCKING IF IMO) Derka is actually getting professional help for his mental health (from a REAL professional) that professional would conclude that his participation here is bad for him. 

This board is bad for your mental health if you use it as an outlet and not get the professional help you need. 

There are more than a few posters who think I’ll just post on Surly about my life problems and maybe that will help. Yes, it can give you support but a trained professional should be the one to help you, not this board.

• Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This board is bad for your mental health if you use it as an outlet and not get the professional help you need. 

There are more than a few posters who think I’ll just post on Surly about my life problems and maybe that will help. Yes, it can give you support but a trained professional should be the one to help you, not this board.

For many problems, you just need real life family and friends for help. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Um, no, not for “many” problems. 

But that’s getting off track of this thread…

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I guess when you’re born on third base with bases loaded and Yordan Alvarez at the plate with no balls, no strikes and no outs you can have that perspective about “many” problems.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Um, no, not for “many” problems. 

But that’s getting off track of this thread…

He means you should go to your pastor instead of your doctor. It's the default evangelical position.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1