The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The fuck is going on in here?

Anyway, I just went to the Pak Mail store in Steiner Ranch and there is some weird shit going on there.  The owner is Russian or something like it.  She has this VERY convincing sign up in support of Ukraine and also had the dotard ranting on a TV on some OAN type channel out in the middle of the store.

IMG_7890.thumb.jpeg.4107fdf720b7762762ff47018a2603b3.jpeg

so you upper-deckered the toilet, knocked over the incense display, and went to the FedEx store by 2222? 

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The fuck is going on in here?

Anyway, I just went to the Pak Mail store in Steiner Ranch and there is some weird shit going on there.  The owner is Russian or something like it.  She has this VERY convincing sign up in support of Ukraine and also had the dotard ranting on a TV on some OAN type channel out in the middle of the store.

IMG_7890.thumb.jpeg.4107fdf720b7762762ff47018a2603b3.jpeg

Pretty sure this woman has learned the power of the grift and is trying to grift Ukraine supporters, they way trump grifts pubs. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Tbh, I think a lot of "operators" are pretty fringe personalities.

seems fairly unique to SEALS in the American SOF community. You don't really see a lot of Army, Marine or Air Force SOF guys acting like this. Off the top of my head there's this guy, Ryan Zinke, Erik Prince and Dan Crenshaw stinking it up out here as former SEALS. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

seems fairly unique to SEALS in the American SOF community. You don't really see a lot of Army, Marine or Air Force SOF guys acting like this. Off the top of my head there's this guy, Ryan Zinke, Erik Prince and Dan Crenshaw stinking it up out here as former SEALS. 

Well, possibly.  Marcinko was a kook, so is Jesse Ventura.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Signed, the Mussolini kids who said similar shit about their dad a few days before his last rest stop at an Esso station.....

The_dead_body_of_Benito_Mussolini_Piazza

It would be fun if he does wind up at an Exxon station like this.  I bet Rex Tillerson would enjoy the shit out of that.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, BamaATL said:

It would be fun if he does wind up at an Exxon station like this.  I bet Rex Tillerson would enjoy the shit out of that.  

I got to thinking about this, maybe there is a business diversification opportunity for Exxon here.  Perhaps they can organize a side business offering inexpensive wake services at their stations.  It would already be catered with roller and junk food, plus beer sales.  There is always a monster in everyone's family.  Maybe that's the motto, "For the monster in your family, think Exxon when it's time to say goodbye!"  

He's a strange cat.  He had a background in legitimate criminal justice reform and judicial oversight.  Despite having gone to Liberty University.  Old school midwestern protestant goes rises up the officer ranks of the U.S. Army.  Physically puts himself in harm's way by trying to assist Capitol police in barricading the building that fateful day in January.  While still questioning the election, he's one of the less batshit crazy ones about it.  Steps up to serve on J6 Committee, but McCarthy recalls him.  From then on, he doubles down on J6/election insanity, pro-MAGA idolization explodes his brain, and he starts tour and writing to share his fringe thoughts.  

Even halfway decent people eventually cave to this shit and I still don't get why.  For most it's sheer stupidity, they'll fall for anything.  For a bunch, it's a chance to get in on the grift and/or secure their next election.  But I think for some smaller amount, there's another angle.  They're being blackmailed or threatened or something else.  Then again, maybe like Jim on that flight wanting a second cup of coffee, "Maybe he's just an asshole." 

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

How do you autograph a pillow?

narrator: he bit into it while Trump was behind him.  Everyone knew dental records are as unique as handwriting or fingerprints.  

My guess is it's just a mustache imprint.  A dirty Lindell.  

• Haha 4

What y'all don't understand is that facts and reason have ZERO bearing in their insanity.

Arrests of people on terror watch lists go UP?  That means too many terrorists are crossing into the US - it's Biden's fault!

Arrests of people on terror watch lists go DOWN?  That means too many terrorists are slipping through because of no enforcement - it's Biden's fault!

Every fact just reinforces their worldview, which has no connection with evidence, rational thought, or sanity.  IT'S A FUCKING CULT.  The sun rising means that God wants Trump to be king.  Wait....the sun setting ALSO means that God wants Trump to be king!  If the Jets lose a game, it's a sign that Trump is the son of God!  But also if the Jets win a game, it's a sign that Trump is the son of God!  Every single occurrence just further supports their wackadoo worldview.  It's how all cults work.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What y'all don't understand is that facts and reason have ZERO bearing in their insanity.

Arrests of people on terror watch lists go UP?  That means too many terrorists are crossing into the US - it's Biden's fault!

Arrests of people on terror watch lists go DOWN?  That means too many terrorists are slipping through because of no enforcement - it's Biden's fault!

Every fact just reinforces their worldview, which has no connection with evidence, rational thought, or sanity.  IT'S A FUCKING CULT.  The sun rising means that God wants Trump to be king.  Wait....the sun setting ALSO means that God wants Trump to be king!  If the Jets lose a game, it's a sign that Trump is the son of God!  But also if the Jets win a game, it's a sign that Trump is the son of God!  Every single occurrence just further supports their wackadoo worldview.  It's how all cults work.

IMG_6790.jpeg

I wonder if Anonymous or some other hacker genius, when Trump is finally on his deathbed and it's leaks out publicly that he's on his last leg.  Can't keep that kind of thing secret for long in this day and age.  If they could hack his account and broadcast a message to the tune of, "My fellow patriots, as I come to the twilight of my life, I look back on all we accomplished and achieved.  We can still be together and work together to finish our work together.  I am not in pain and will go peacefully.  When you receive confirmation from my children and wife that I am gone, I ask that you take your own life as painlessly as possible and join me on the other side.  We can all rebuild this world from the next one.  God bless you and God bless the United States of America!" 

I bet if it looked legit enough, you could get at least a few thousand people to kill themselves in the days immediately following the conformation of his death.  Obviously some of them are gonna go out in murder-suicides taking out spouses and family members, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.   Honestly, within 30 days...I bet you could get maybe 2,500-5,000 suicides, mostly by shooting or overdose.  And then you try to rig it like that movie "Heathers" where they try to out-do one another with the most elaborate and publicized suicide like jumping off Trump Tower or running a gas-powered golf cart all night in their garage at Doral.  It wouldn't move the electoral needle, but it would be funny as shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Okay, well it wouldn't be like Zucker Bros. funny, more like Coen Bros. funny.  

I mean we lost dozens just to drinking bleach and using ivermectin.  And he was still alive to guide them.  With the right media campaign, after his actual death, I mean c'mon.  You gotta have goals man.  I'm not saying it'd be righteous.  Just funny is all.  You know, deep down inside as you read this, that a few Americans will actually kill themselves out of depression and loss of direction.  And a few more out of a sense of "I'm gonna go out my way before the Deep State comes for me."  I'm just saying, why not ratchet it up a notch or 3700?  It's like the great New York industrialist contemporary of Trump in the 1970's once said, "Hey, we're just packaging what the people want" ---Irvin Mainway.  "Hey MAGA, be careful.  Broken Glass!"  

• Hook 'Em 1

2/3rds of them will come back to some semblance of normalcy/reality, however twisted.  1/3 is lost and gone forever.  Even when he dies, they'll fight until their own deaths and will instill in their children/grandchildren this ethos.  They came out of their holes and they're never, ever going back in them.  

Fortunately, it's rather simple to lure them into gathering in large groups in confined spaces.  

• Hook 'Em 2

San Marcos ponying up $175K for their city failing to respond and laughing about the Democrat bus driving down 35 and having MAGA harass them.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/10/17/trump-train-san-marcos-lawsuit-settlement/

Because why not, let's list the still-employed police officers that were named as ignoring the call for help.

• San Marcos police corporal Matthew Daenzer
  • Chase Stapp, San Marcos’ former director of public safety and current assistant city manager
  • Brandon Winkenwerder, an assistant police chief
  • Rage+1 7

This is a good analysis of the GQP's current situation and certainly reflects the second part of PJ O'Rourke's famous quote:

"The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it."

And to emphasize that, read the last three lines of this piece.

Republicans Grapple With Being Speakerless, but Effectively Leaderless, Too
With a speaker fight in the House, concerns about an aging Senate leader and a 2024 front-runner who has the party in a vise grip, some G.O.P. members worry the turmoil could have long-term effects.

Kevin McCarthy, the ousted speaker, was making his way through the Capitol when reporters asked what he thought of the chaos consuming House Republicans, who for nearly three weeks have been trying and failing to replace him.

His answer veered into the existential. “We are,” he said on Friday, “in a very bad place right now.”

That might be an understatement.

In the House, Republicans are casting about for a new leader, mired in an internecine battle marked by screaming, cursing and a fresh flood of candidates. In the Senate, their party is led by Senator Mitch McConnell, who spent weeks arguing that he remained physically and mentally fit enough for the position after freezing midsentence in two public appearances. And on the 2024 campaign trail, the dominant front-runner, Donald J. Trump, faces 91 felony charges across four cases, creating a drumbeat of legal news that often overwhelms any of his party’s political messages.

As national Democrats largely stand behind President Biden and his agenda — more united than in years — Republicans are divided, directionless and effectively leaderless.

For years, Mr. Trump has domineered Republican politics, with a reach that could end careers, create new political stars and upend the party’s long-held ideology on issues like trade, China and federal spending. He remains the party’s nominal leader, capturing a majority of G.O.P. voters in national polling and holding a double-digit lead in early voting states.

And yet his commanding position has turned Republicans into a party of one, demanding absolute loyalty to Mr. Trump and his personal feuds and pet causes, such as his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen. The result is an endless loop of chaos that even some Republicans say once again threatens to define the party’s brand heading into an election in which Republicans — after struggling to meet the basic responsibilities of governing the House of Representatives — will ask voters to also put them in charge of the Senate and the White House.

“This looks like a group of 11th graders trying to pick the junior class president, and it will hurt our party long term,” said former Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, who is challenging Mr. Trump for the party nomination. “It’s going to be very hard to make the case that the American people should turn over control of the government to Republicans when you can’t even elect a speaker.”

In recent months, the former president has focused more on his own legal peril than on his party. Flouting pressure from the Republican National Committee, Mr. Trump has largely opted out of some of the party’s biggest moments. He skipped the first two Republican primary debates for his own events and plans to skip the third, forgoing a chance to present his party’s message to an audience of millions.

And he has largely taken a hands-off approach to the fight over the House speakership. Nine months ago, he helped install Mr. McCarthy as speaker. But he did not come to Mr. McCarthy’s rescue this fall when Representative Matt Gaetz led the charge to oust him. He then endorsed Representative Jim Jordan, who has failed to win enough support.

Political parties out of power typically lack a strong leader. In 2016, Mr. Trump’s election plunged Democrats into years of ideological battles between a restive liberal wing and a more moderate establishment. But what’s less typical — and perhaps more politically damaging, some Republicans said — is the drawn-out, televised turmoil putting the internal dysfunction on public display.

“It’s kind of a captainless pirate ship right now — a Black Pearl with no Jack Sparrow,” said Ralph Reed, a prominent social conservative leader, who argued that the issues would eventually be resolved. “But on the bright side, we will have a speaker at some point.”

“These Republicans are complete idiots,” Ann Coulter, the conservative commentator, said on a radio program last week.

Mr. McConnell all but threw up his hands in interviews on the Sunday talk shows. “It’s a problem,” he said on “Face the Nation” on CBS. “We’re going to do our job and hope the House can get functional here sometime soon.”

And The Wall Street Journal editorial board, long a bastion of establishment Republican thought, wrote more than a week into the drama: “As the current mess in choosing another House Speaker shows, never underestimate the ability of Republicans to commit electoral suicide.”

Most frustrating to some Republicans is the fact that the messy battle is largely symbolic. Democrats control the Senate and the White House, meaning that whoever becomes speaker has little chance of making their agenda into law.

Still, there could be real-world political implications. As Republicans battled one another, Mr. Biden focused on an actual war. He spent much of last week building support for Israel, with a wartime visit and an Oval Office prime-time appeal for $105 billion in aid to help Israel and Ukraine — funds that face an uncertain future in a House frozen by infighting.

It’s a split screen Democrats are more than happy to highlight.

“The president of the United States, a Democrat, gave the strongest pro-Israel speech, at least since Harry Truman, maybe in American history,” said Representative Jake Auchincloss, a moderate Democrat from Massachusetts. “The division is on the Republican side of the aisle, where they are so fractured they can’t even elect a leader of their conference.”

Mike DuHaime, a veteran Republican strategist who is advising Mr. Christie, said the inability to pick a speaker was a “new low” for Republican governance. “If you don’t have the presidency there is no clear leader of the party,” he said. “That’s natural. What’s unnatural here is that we can’t run our own caucus.”

But others say that Mr. Trump, along with social media and conservative media, has turned the very incentive structure of the party upside down. With a broad swath of the conservative base firmly behind the former president, there may be little political cost in causing chaos. The eight Republicans who voted to oust Mr. McCarthy, for example, are likely to face no backlash for plunging the party into disarray. As their message is amplified across conservative media, they’re more likely to see their political stars rise, with a boost in fund-raising and attention.

“What’s happening is you have people who don’t want to be led, but also want to engineer a situation where they can be betrayed and use that to rail against leadership,” said Liam Donovan, a Republican strategist and former National Republican Senatorial Committee aide.

Some Republicans doubt the incident will have a lasting impact. In the summer, the party will pick a nominee at its national convention, and that person will become Republicans’ new standard-bearer.

Nicole McCleskey, a Republican pollster, said the messy dust-up in the House would be forgotten by next November’s elections, washed away as just another moment of broken government amid near-record lows for voters’ trust in Congress.

“People are used to Washington dysfunction, and this is just another episode,” she said. “It’s Republicans and Democrats, and they’re all dysfunctional. For voters, it’s just further evidence that Washington can’t address their problems.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, GenXer said:

There’s money to be made with these people. I wish they would be more specific about where they do their research so that it’s clear where to target marketing.

Just start a website offering the chance for people to buy Trump's used diapers. Prime the pump a bit with a limited time offer:

" URGENT! PATRIOT ALERT!

Act within 24 hours and our biggest patriots have agreed to match your purchase 3Xs over. You read it right.....that's 4 of Donnie's magical used shit holsters for the price of one

URGENT! PATRIOT ALERT!"

Within a couple of days, your retirement plans should come into focus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing in this video identifies this dude as a trumper, but it wouldn't be a stretch to think that he is. I'm not shocked at the idiocy of it all. I'm shocked that this video is being filmed by the asshat. Soooooo.....he released this video to someone, somewhere thinking that he's the "good guy" in this whole exchange?

HOW FUCKING DERANGED MUST A PERSON BE TO WILLINGLY SHARE THIS VIDEO?

• Rage+1 7

On 10/20/2023 at 11:47 AM, Ted Lange said:

“So, somebody like Chris Rock can get up onstage and use the word, and there’s no problem,” he said, “But some white guy says it, and he’s a racist? 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Nothing in this video identifies this dude as a trumper, but it wouldn't be a stretch to think that he is. I'm not shocked at the idiocy of it all. I'm shocked that this video is being filmed by the asshat. Soooooo.....he released this video to someone, somewhere thinking that he's the "good guy" in this whole exchange?

HOW FUCKING DERANGED MUST A PERSON BE TO WILLINGLY SHARE THIS VIDEO?

Absolutely disgusting. I assume he's already aware but I went ahead and sent it to Tizzy Ent on Twitter anyways.

This dude obviously thought it was funny enough to send to a buddy or two. Hey, look at me "owning" the Mexican invaders!