The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

My restaurant eavesdropping just a few days ago revealed a man who thought it would be great for Trump to pick Tim Scott as his VP in order to lock up the black vote. Because it's that easy.

I think there’s a better than even chance this happens because tfg thinks the same way.

17 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It would be cool if we reinstated slavery with poor white maga trash as the slaves this go around.

It would be good for them. They would learn skills that would benefit them. Some of them might even earn some money. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good lord, Nancy Mace is way too sparkly on This Week this morning, studio lights reflecting off her eyes and too much lip gloss, and streaks in her hair, and long dangly earrings which are white flowers but might as well be snowflakes glinting in the light. She’s disingenuously hammering her talking points over and over again, not answering questions and mischaracterizing the questions asked of her. Trump was found liable for rape and Mace insists that it was a civil trial not a criminal trial so what Trump did was perfectly fine. In fact it’s shaming rape victims to even ask the question of how she, a rape victim herself, can support Trump. Huh? 

I wish Stephanopoulos could’ve worked in her thoughts about why 10-year-old rape victims should be forced to carry their rapists’ offspring to term. George could’ve asked her if she was treated with emergency contraception or if she would’ve happily born the child of her rapist.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Good lord, Nancy Mace is way too sparkly on This Week this morning, studio lights reflecting off her eyes and too much lip gloss, and streaks in her hair, and long dangly earrings which are white flowers but might as well be snowflakes glinting in the light. She’s disingenuously hammering her talking points over and over again, not answering questions and mischaracterizing the questions asked of her. Trump was found liable for rape and Mace insists that it was a civil trial not a criminal trial so what Trump did was perfectly fine. In fact it’s shaming rape victims to even ask the question of how she, a rape victim herself, can support Trump. Huh? 

I wish Stephanopoulos could’ve worked in her thoughts about why 10-year-old rape victims should be forced to carry their rapists’ offspring to term. George could’ve asked her if she was treated with emergency contraception or if she would’ve happily born the child of her rapist.

Attention must be a helluva drug.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Spot on from WaPo

Opinion | Forget ‘polarization.’ It’s the GOP’s radicalization.

Hide contents

The notion that the United States is “polarized” into two conflicting, equally stubborn and extreme camps infects much of the mainstream news coverage and everyday chatter about politics. Washington is “broken.” “Gridlock” is a problem. “No one goes out to dinner with someone on the other side.” Such mealy-mouthed language masks a stark dichotomy: Democrats have to move to the center to get bipartisan support; Republicans have become radicalized and unmovable. This is not “polarization.” It is the authoritarian capture of much of the GOP by a right-wing movement bent on sowing chaos. Turkey, Hungary and other countries with autocratic strongmen are not polarized; democratic forces try their best to prevent their country’s ruin and collapse into total dictatorship. Our political scene, sadly, has come to resemble the global authoritarian assault on democracy. Oh, sure, it’s fashionable, as departing Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.) did, to blame both political parties. “Our democracy was weakened by government dysfunction and the constant pull to the extremes by both political parties. … The only political victories that matter these days are symbolic, attacking your opponents on cable news or social media. ‘Compromise’ is a dirty word. We’ve arrived at that crossroad, and we chose anger and division.” Really?! Who is “we”? The bipartisan border compromise — her bipartisan bill — was sunk by Republicans. Republicans in the House overwhelmingly opposed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, commonly known as the “Bipartisan” Infrastructure Bill (which President Biden modified to get bipartisan support); almost every Republican voted against the Chips Act, they all voted against the Inflation Reduction Act, and some even voted against the Pact Act, which would have helped veterans. House Republicans have launched phony, baseless impeachment hearings. Senate Republicans filibustered reenactment of a key part of the Voting Rights Act, blocked a bipartisan Jan. 6, 2021, commission and overwhelmingly refused to convict four-times-indicted former president Donald Trump. The assertion that hyper-partisanship, chaos and nihilism (e.g., threatening to shut down the government, egging on a default and refusing to even vote on Ukraine aide) is equally divided amounts to an outright fabrication — or utter cluelessness.

That’s the same tommyrot one hears from No Labels. CNN’s Edward-Isaac Dovere reported that No Labels has resorted to “accusing Biden of having politically toxic positions he does not actually hold.” Well, if you are asking for millions to run a quixotic third-party race, it sounds better to make him out to be just as extreme as Trump; alas, it is just not true. (Even No Labels apparently understands that: “In a private presentation the group has circulated among members and prospective candidates are two claims that No Labels officials say would be damaging to Biden, even as they acknowledge the claims aren’t true: that he is for ‘open borders’ and that he is captive to a ‘far left’ that ‘wants to abandon Israel’ and is ‘sympathetic to Hamas.’”) To cook up an equivalence, you have to misrepresent Biden’s record. Biden has actually stood up to the far left in his own party when it lionizes Hamas or demands Medicare-for-all. The left blasts him for being too accommodating, too courteous to Republicans and too hands-off with a listless Justice Department. Biden remains in step with the vast majority of Democrats. The party’s center-left orientation was evident throughout the primaries. On Super Tuesday, California voters chose moderate Rep. Adam Schiff (D) over progressive Rep. Katie Porter (D) as one of two candidates to run to fill the Senate seat opened by Dianne Feinstein’s death. In Texas, moderate Rep. Colin Allred won the Senate Democratic primary by a mile and avoided a runoff. San Francisco — yes, San Francisco — has gone moderate. “The liberal bastion of San Francisco pivoted rightward in Tuesday’s election as voters responded to ongoing drug, homelessness and crime crises by approving policies that bolster police and require drug-screening for welfare recipients,” Politico reported. “The results represent a major victory for embattled Mayor London Breed, a moderate Democrat who faces a tough fight for a second full term in November.”

Meanwhile, Republicans nominated for North Carolina governor not a “fiery outsider,” as the New York Times would have us believe (the headline was subsequently changed), but Mark Robinson, who called transgender and gay people “filth” and said gay people are equivalent to “what the cows leave behind” (also “maggots” and “flies”). He has made a series of shocking an inflammatory comments about women and Jews (even quoting Hitler), remains a staunch election denier and wants to ban all abortions (a view about 90 percent of Americans reject). Hate speech of the type Trump and Robinson utter would be disqualifying in the Democratic Party. Robinson will face the state’s no-nonsense Democratic attorney general, Josh Stein, who is very much in the mode of moderate incumbent Democrat Roy Cooper. (Also from North Carolina, “Republican Mark Harris, whose previous election to Congress in 2018 was thrown out after credible allegations of election fraud, won a GOP primary for a newly drawn House seat,” Politico reported.) Congress has also fallen under the grip of a right-wing bastion that cannot govern itself. The GOP speaker of the House is a Christian nationalist who thinks he was chosen by God and takes direction from the Bible, not the Constitution. No Democrat compares to the likes of Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) or Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.). Worst of all, Republicans are on the verge of nominating someone literally out on bail, who dines with neo-Nazis, talks about blood purity and invites Russian President Vladimir Putin to attack NATO. Virtually every elected Republican has fallen in behind him — the most extreme, racist candidate since the Civil War. (Even Sen. Barry Goldwater knew Moscow was the enemy.) Responsible reporting should not cover for Republicans. The MAGA Republican Party has become shockingly irrational and radicalized, fully embracing totalitarianism, white nationalism and radical isolationism. America is divided not by some free-floating condition of “polarization” but by one party going off the deep end. And that’s a threat to all of us.

Accurate. 

Enourmously late. 

Congrats for looking beyond the template and seeing the real story that has been obvious for years and years.

Let's see if other outlets take up the same perspective. My guess is, if this gets discussed at all, it will be grist for a panel show where sensible people will agree and raving liars will muddy the water.  The host will declare it an interesting conversation then, with great relief, move on to something less vital.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Worst of all, Republicans are on the verge of nominating someone literally out on bail, who dines with neo-Nazis, talks about blood purity and invites Russian President Vladimir Putin to attack NATO

Well, when you put it like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Attention must be a helluva drug.

So Mace, who worked for Trump in 2016 campaign, and was subsequently found guilty in court of the equivalent of rape, paid another women for sex, and has also been accused of rape and sexual assault by numerous other women including minors, and has repeatedly lied about it to the American people, will NOT be shamed by a guy who asks her to explain her conflicting views because he once worked for someone who lied about having oral sex.  Also, Trump is different cause he never was convicted in a criminal court unlike Clinton….wait.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yep. I think the worst thing Clinton did was wag his finger and lie about the affair. It wasn't criminal. It was shameful. It's also, as far as I'm concerned, not really anybody's business, but some smart people may disagree.

I think the Paula Jones incident was a misunderstanding that led to some form of actual sexual harrassment although I don't believe Clinton had any intention of interfering with Jone's career with the State of Arkansas. It's shameful conduct covered in some way by official policies. I doubt we would have heard about it without right wing bush beating, but that doesn't really matter in the end.

Again, disagree all you want. It's that kind of issue.

Now let's turn to Trump's shameful and criminal behavior. It's so very public, that there is no need to even enumerate them here. Everybody knows; nobody changes their votes.

As short a time ago as Bill Clinton's presidency, the story of consensual sex on the one hand and sexual harrassment where no person was even touched on the other, generated wall to wall coverage on the news and outrage.

I don't think that it's simply partisan. The persecution is mostly partisan, but what this says about the American people likely isn't.

Who have we become? A large group actually supports this guy. A large group is completely indifferent as far as public discourse or action is concerned. Those outraged and opposed can't even muster themselves to take to the streets. I thought the pussy-hat march was only the beginning. It was the whole thing.

'Tis a mystery.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

As a type 1 diabetic for 35 years, this dumbfuck should go fuck herself.

Oh, and the tax cut got done but my Solostar glargine insulin still retails at $5k for about a 4 month supply. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Mace also clammed up on 1/6 after George asked her about her comments back then.   Her "my constituents have moved on" was so on point.   They don't care so why should she.   Rule of law be damned.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not gonna lie, I have purchased a trump piñata filled with airplane-sized bottles of tequila.  I was not chairman of the Texas Democratic Party at he time, but even if I was, I would’ve stilll bought the fucking piñata because it was awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

The trafficked woman in Katie Britt’s story after the SOTU has spoken out today against politicians using her story for their own good. Link

Fairly amazing that someone on TikTok tracked down the likely situation where Britt met this woman, and then journalists were able to force Britt into admitting the timeline and now Britt may have to apologize.

or at least it will be a GQP apology. In a high pitched whisper, Britt will say that she didn’t disingenuously use this story and that she hopes the woman is doing ok today. Then she will say something negative about Biden’s failures on the border. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Britt was asked about it on Fox yesterday and she claimed she wasn't trying to say that this happened in America under Biden's watch. Oh ok. So you just randomly dropped in a story in a nationally televised address about something that happened in Mexico 20 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Britt was asked about it on Fox yesterday and she claimed she wasn't trying to say that this happened in America under Biden's watch. Oh ok. So you just randomly dropped in a story in a nationally televised address about something that happened in Mexico 20 years ago.

Randomly dropped the story during a response to JOE BIDEN'S State of the Union.  But she wasn't trying to link it to Biden's America.

Uh Huh Sure GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and then journalists were able to force Britt into admitting the timeline and now Britt may have to apologize.

or at least it will be a GQP apology. In a high pitched whisper, Britt will say that she didn’t disingenuously use this story and that she hopes the woman is doing ok today. Then she will say something negative about Biden’s failures on the border. 

We won't even get that much. These people literally aren't allowed to apologize for anything, ever. To MAGA, nothing shows more weakness than capitulating to "them" and admitting fault, even when you're clearly lying.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Randomly dropped the story during a response to JOE BIDEN'S State of the Union.  But she wasn't trying to link it to Biden's America.

Uh Huh Sure GIF

I'm not going to look up a transcript, and I'm sure as shit not watching it again, but I'm pretty sure this came a few seconds after "This shouldn't be happening in America!". Well, it didn't.

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yes, yes. But it COULD be happening today in Biden's America. Just like it probably happened in Trump's America, Obama's America, and Bush's America (when it ACTUALLY happened). It's a...what's the term...cautionary tale. And no, we're not passing Biden's Border Bill because we're so serious about border security. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm not going to look up a transcript, and I'm sure as shit not watching it again, but I'm pretty sure this came a few seconds after "This shouldn't be happening in America!". Well, it didn't.

In the middle of it, she says something like we wouldn’t accept this happening in a 3rd world country, let alone in the US. 

very strong implication that this happened in the US, near the border, and recently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Not gonna lie, I have purchased a trump piñata filled with airplane-sized bottles of tequila.  I was not chairman of the Texas Democratic Party at he time, but even if I was, I would’ve stilll bought the fucking piñata because it was awesome.

Went to the birthday party of a local judge a few years back. He had the same piñata and favors. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Went to the birthday party of a local judge a few years back. He had the same piñata and favors. 

I need to get one of those for the day he dies.

For Dotard, not your judge friend.

Edited by Red Five
Clarifying who I want to die.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

What if I told you that this was the best the GQP could muster for a response to Biden?

Outside of Mitch and a few others, they do not have very competent people running things.  They let the RNC be taken over and turned into an extension of Trump’s campaign, thereby fucking over hundreds or thousands of Republican politicians who were down ballot of Trump.  They are letting a Republican civil war rage in Texas between longtime Republicans and idiots who have a pulse and claim they are loyal to Greg and Kenny Wayne.  Their Michigan/Wisconsin organizations are a complete shit show.  The list goes on, and it’s all hampered by Republicans who care more about the grift than anything else.

• Drool 1