Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ukraine-maksim-chmerkovskiy-revolution-russia

"Dancing With the Stars" pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy gave fans an update on how he is doing in Ukraine as the Russian invasion continues. 

"I'm really not good right this moment," the Ukrainian-born dancer shared to his X followers. "I see videos of people who's (sic) legs were torn off minutes ago from the shelling that is going on in Kharkov RIGHT NOW. I won't post that stuff but I see all of them and it's extremely disturbing. INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE BEING KILLED!!!!"

Chmerkovskiy also called on Russians to start a revolution over President Vladimir Putin's decision to invade Ukraine.

"Russia needs a revolution!!! Russian people are being lied to!!," he wrote. "Russians! Wake up! It will take you generations to get over this and generations of people around the world will never forgive you!!!"

He also spoke directly to his fellow dancers in the Russian ballroom world.

"And a quick suggestion to all my Russian ballroom friends: change your leadership or change your country because, as it stands... YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Agreed with those saying not to escalate.  Russians tried to drop in and take over, believing they would get support from the locals and that Ukrainian leadership would flee (similar to Georgia and Crimea).  They were wrong.  But they made a cultural/mindset miscalculation of the Ukrainian people, not strictly a military one.  If they want to level the Ukraine they absolutely have the ability to do so even without resorting to nuclear weapons.  Now they are painted into a corner  - if they simply retreat, they look weak and have no leverage over removal of sanctions, and if they level Ukraine with conventional weapons, the world and even their own people turn on them (and also what is the value in a completely razed Ukraine).  My guess is they will go for some middle ground with protracted occupation and try to negotiate cease fire with lifted sanctions.   

But what we absolutely should not do is fly US aircraft over Ukraine and trigger all out Russian attack in the Ukraine and maybe elsewhere.     

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

The yatchs, or more appropriately the mindset that drives the oligarchs to build them is a perfect place to start setting the seeds for internal strife. Next will be grounding their planes and force them either into isolation or to return home.

The massive loss of personal wealth and destruction of the oligarchs lifestyle is what will force someone to try and take down Putin from the inside. 

The Russian people may be able to overthrow the government, but that is something months or years in the making through crushing economic conditions and famine. The oligarchs though are in some ways easier to motivate.

• Hook 'Em 2

The wind turbine/satellite thing reminds me of this

The mules? They're 2,400 a piece, plus we got to get them checked out. For what? Diseases. Foot and mouth. Plus they have to have their ears cleaned. The mules are getting better health care than the Afghans. Plus, they're gonna cost a little extra if we want them pre-trained. To do what? Walk over a mountain with ammunition on their back. Aren't they born with that instinct? I mean, isn't that something they want to do naturally?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Did you not understand that the whole post was a joke?

Or do you think I really believe that thousands of former Navy SEALS still possessed all of their fighting equipment and also volunteered to go to Ukraine all at the same time?

There's been plenty of stupid posts on here regarding the military, capabilities, and especially SEAL teams and the like. Your humor was met with the same.

bow down selena gomez GIF

• Like 1

Armor has been obsolete for a while now.  We found out during the 1st Gulf War.  You aren't engaging in tank battles anymore because planes and helos will get to you first.  Transporting tanks is a logistical nightmare.  It takes weeks if not months to get a large amount into theater.  A C5 can only load 1 Abraham tank at a time.  People don't realize the sheer size these things are.  We have more or less tried to go light mobile armor.  Strykers and.what not.  Then the tanks are kept because they will be needed in case but there are more tanks being mothballed right now than anything.  We won't fight China in a ground war.  It's air and naval.  Hell our doctrine doesn't even allow us to attack the Chinese mainland.  

The satellite thing is borderline crossing that Rubicon.  

• Hook 'Em 2

https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/mysterious-case-missing-russian-air-force

Interesting article about where the Russian Air Force is.  It basically said they think the Russian's foolhardy trip into Syria recently depleted their ammo and now when they need the most they don't have them and can't get more. They also think that they don't feel confident that thjeir own Anti-air units can distinguish between their planes and the Ukrainians since they're pretty similar. 

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 3

Friend of mine in Conroe sent me a video Saturday of a train hauling nothing but M1A2 Abrams tanks, headed towards the port of Houston. Got a message this morning that a US flagged vessel took priority loading delaying our shipments. Hmmm, wonder what that could be. Hopefully they never see action but at least they are going in the right direction if we do need them.

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The yatchs, or more appropriately the mindset that drives the oligarchs to build them is a perfect place to start setting the seeds for internal strife. Next will be grounding their planes and force them either into isolation or to return home.

The massive loss of personal wealth and destruction of the oligarchs lifestyle is what will force someone to try and take down Putin from the inside. 

The Russian people may be able to overthrow the government, but that is something months or years in the making through crushing economic conditions and famine. The oligarchs though are in some ways easier to motivate.

So if the Oligarchs (Putin's cronies and the only people to benefit from his regime) help topple him, they are going to be treated like . . . what exactly when the dust clears?

If I'm an oligarch, I ride with Vlad. Sure, my wealth will be slashed dramatically. But its better than my throat.

Edited by Foosters

My next fear with this is what happens if this becomes a long bloody stalemate? A protracted stalemate would devastate the region physically and economically.

Let’s not forget that the Ukraine is the breadbasket for that part of the world, including the Arab countries bordering the Mediterranean. If this keeps up, no crops in the ground so no crops to export so lots of hungry people in a relatively unstable part of the world.

War is scary not only because of the conflict and loss of life it entails, but because it has a terrifying habit of spreading. Starving people fight to eat. Starving people overthrow their governments because that is one of the universal expectations for anyone being governed is to be able to eat. 

Though this may not be a world war it could easily spin off into multiple regional conflicts driven by the need to feed the populace or at least take their mind of their hunger by instead fighting their historic enemy.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, FartingMonk said:

Armor has been obsolete for a while now.  We found out during the 1st Gulf War.  You aren't engaging in tank battles anymore because planes and helos will get to you first.  Transporting tanks is a logistical nightmare.  It takes weeks if not months to get a large amount into theater.  A C5 can only load 1 Abraham tank at a time.  People don't realize the sheer size these things are.  We have more or less tried to go light mobile armor.  Strykers and.what not.  Then the tanks are kept because they will be needed in case but there are more tanks being mothballed right now than anything.  We won't fight China in a ground war.  It's air and naval.  Hell our doctrine doesn't even allow us to attack the Chinese mainland.  

The satellite thing is borderline crossing that Rubicon.  

It's hilarious because you can see that envoy coming a full 72 hours out and have all that time to make up your mind.  The second you decide to scramble 1-2 jets the whole thing is toast in the 10 min it would take to fly a sortie from Poland or any neighboring country.  More brilliant strategy...unless I missed something and the Rooskies have the air controlled, it's just a bunch of sitting ducks.