Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

No.  Not this.

It does matter.  Not all crimes are impeachable.  Not all impeachable things are crimes.  "High crimes and misdemeanors" does not mean "crime."  You will have a much more vigorous debate -- remember, with 53 R senators -- about the impeachability of this specific crime as opposed to a QPQ.  Crime is neither necessary nor sufficient.

There is a legitimate body of law on this, and the more people that repeat "anything is impeachable that we say is" a la Ford or "crimes are impeachable" confuses the issue.

I've mentioned it on here several times, but there is a great book you can get that is like 90 pages long and is easy to read from Charles Black.  Also, review articles and what not if you want to read highly technical things.  (here is one  https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?&article=3404&context=penn_law_review )   

Cool. Asking a foreign government to interfere in our election is impeachable. There is zero argument that it isn’t. The quid pro quo absolutely, 100% does not matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

*outrages

Outrages?  That is Outrageous!  

Trump's Bodega Voice, "Even I am not above American Store Policy..." 

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Interesting side effect of this is that Trump accidentally gave Rs an easier target to disagree with him on when he expanded to China.  Could be meaningful in the dam break analogy world.

Another one.

This China angle made it easier for Rs to be critical.

17 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Another one.

This China angle made it easier for Rs to be critical.

One of my readers, a man whom I know personally,  is a rancher in West Texas. He's 75 years old now and saw some ferocious combat in Vietnam. He voted for Trump but mostly as an anti-Hillary vote than anything else, at least that's what I surmise. Anyway, he's been slowly distancing himself from Trump over the last year and the China thing sent him over the edge. He went bonkers and tore up Cornyn and Cruz on his social media for supporting Trump. Paraphrasing "I fought men in Vietnam who were using weapons made by the commies in China and now this?"  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Funniest thing about it is, if Trump accepted, he'd be fucking Hillary's cooch by proxy.  

A conversation can be heard over the rhythmic slapping sounds emerging from the Oval(tine) Office...

SAY IT, MONICA!!

Hmm?

SAY IT!  Who’s bigger... Bill or me?

SAY IT!!!!

If I say yes, can you get this over with?

UH HUH!!

Oh baby.  Oh baby.  You are so much bigger than Bill.  Make my pussy great again.

YES, BABY THATS IT!!!

OH, yeah, daddy.  Thats... uh... amazing?

YEAH, WHOS YOUR DADDY?! 

SAY IT!!!

You are *glances at clock while rolling eyes*

SAY IT!!!

Yes daddy, like that daddy, oh daddy please.  Make my pussy great again.

UGHHHHGHHHBGHHH!!!!!  I LOVE YOU IVANKA!!!

Can I go now?

11 minutes ago, Goredho said:

A conversation can be heard over the rhythmic slapping sounds emerging from the Oval(tine) Office...

SAY IT, MONICA!!

Hmm?

SAY IT!!!!

UH HUH!!

Oh baby.  Oh baby.  You are so much bigger than Bill.  Make my pussy great again.

YES, BABY THATS IT!!!

YEAH, WHOS YOUR DADDY?! 

SAY IT!!!

SAY IT!!!

Can I go now?

Dude, I'm trying to eat lunch here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Niece Ronna spouts Trump nonsense while Mitt plays the sober if muted moral stalwart.  Kellyanne's split tongue flickers as George pretends to be a truth teller.  SBA head Linda McMahon and husband Vince would be suing the GOP for stealing wrestling's shtick if she hadn't gotten such a plum position.

So for three years, we’ve heard about how Obama needs to be jailed for what he did to the Trump campaign. Granted this entire argument is bullshit, but can anyone compare/contrast those charges with what Trump is currently claiming is his duty regarding the Biden campaign?

Because it sure seems to me that “the sitting President wants to make sure one of the candidates in the upcoming election is clean” is the EXACT scenario they’ve been whining about for three years, with a bonus twist of foreign governments thrown in the mix.

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So for three years, we’ve heard about how Obama needs to be jailed for what he did to the Trump campaign. Granted this entire argument is bullshit, but can anyone compare/contrast those charges with what Trump is currently claiming is his duty regarding the Biden campaign?

Because it sure seems to me that “the sitting President wants to make sure one of the candidates in the upcoming election is clean” is the EXACT scenario they’ve been whining about for three years, with a bonus twist of foreign governments thrown in the mix.

It doesn't matter, at this point. I think anyone in the American public who would have jumped ship has already done so once the China comment dropped. Trying to reason with the rest is useless. The only strategy here is to keep consistent pressure on Trump to keep him talking. Maybe they can get another 1 or 2 China-like statements out of him to get those who have jumped to up the pressure on other elected Rs to vote for impeachment. In my opinion, we're in the end game, now. Everything and everyone is in place and just waiting for the impeachment starting gun. Any new information is actually information that they already had and are trickling out so they avoid an info dump that is easy for the American people to forget, like the Mueller report was.

When this is eventually all over, one thing that makes me smile is knowing cucks like Rubio will be ridiculed by everyone for the rest of his life.

A petty conman bent over Marco's manhood, reputation, and religiosity and banged him into submission in front of a national audience. Get fucked, Rubio. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Goredho said:

SAY IT, MONICA!!

Hmm?

SAY IT!!!!

UH HUH!!

YES, BABY THATS IT!!!

YEAH, WHOS YOUR DADDY?! 

SAY IT!!!

SAY IT!!!

Can I go now?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

When this is eventually all over, one thing that makes me smile is knowing cucks like Rubio will be ridiculed by everyone for the rest of his life.

A petty conman bent over Marco's manhood, reputation, and religiosity and banged him into submission in front of a national audience. Get fucked, Rubio. 

Marco you dipshit, you're the one getting played.   We always go over this, it's grifter 101.

Make outlandish claims or requests, the other party goes through with it you get what you want, if you get flack or pushback you say I wasn't serious.

And it leads to tremendous instability.

Iran's apparently trying to interfere in 2020:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/10/04/iran-tried-hack-us-presidential-candidates-journalists-effort-that-targeted-hundreds-microsoft-finds/

I'm sure Republicans would be just fine with Elizabeth Warren going on CNN to encourage them? That's cool now, right?

Edited by horncyclist

12 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"it's not a real request."

except that he already made the real request in june, during his "mueller report victory lap of phone calls".  the transcript was again, unlawfully placed in the codeward server.  we don't know for sure what the trade was (hong kong?) but the request was already certainly made of china.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

No, see, you don't understand.  Trump denied it.  CASE CLOSED.

As another example, I asked Trump if he was wearing a red tie in this picture:

00-hero-trump-high-school.jpg

Trump denied it.  CASE CLOSED.

Gosh....it's almost like this was prophecy:

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Dude- the text messages live blogged the bribery. These things are usually proven by implication and circumstantial evidence, not texts saying “I can’t believe the President is having us commit crimes!!!” 

False.  Unless there is a written, notarized statement made by Trump, signed off woth multiple (Republican only) witnesses, saying “I hereby officially bribe and extort you in my capacity as President  of the United States,” it’s a total nothingburger.  And if that does exist, it’s fake news.”

-All Republicans 

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

One of my readers, a man whom I know personally,  is a rancher in West Texas. He's 75 years old now and saw some ferocious combat in Vietnam. He voted for Trump but mostly as an anti-Hillary vote than anything else, at least that's what I surmise. Anyway, he's been slowly distancing himself from Trump over the last year and the China thing sent him over the edge. He went bonkers and tore up Cornyn and Cruz on his social media for supporting Trump. Paraphrasing "I fought men in Vietnam who were using weapons made by the commies in China and now this?"  

I'd put good money on your friend voting for him again. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

if i looked like trump i would do anything i could not to have a job where i had to see myself on tv and in pictures every day.  he really is a grotesque motherfucker.

Right?  I damn near throw my phone every-time I accidentally hit the button for the front camera.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

if i looked like trump i would do anything i could not to have a job where i had to see myself on tv and in pictures every day.  he really is a grotesque motherfucker.

The worst parts of his head are his face and hair. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

False.  Unless there is a written, notarized statement made by Trump, signed off with multiple (Republican only) witnesses, saying “I hereby officially bribe and extort you in my capacity as President  of the United States,” and every single one of the Republican witnesses remembers signing off on the statement, it’s a total nothingburger.  And if that does exist, it’s fake news.”

-All Republicans 

FIFY

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

False.  Unless there is a written, notarized statement made by Trump, signed off woth multiple (Republican only) witnesses, saying “I hereby officially bribe and extort you in my capacity as President  of the United States,” it’s a total nothingburger.  And if that does exist, it’s fake news.”

-All Republicans 

Pretty fucking close

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

No.  Not this.

It does matter.  Not all crimes are impeachable.  Not all impeachable things are crimes.  "High crimes and misdemeanors" does not mean "crime."  You will have a much more vigorous debate -- remember, with 53 R senators -- about the impeachability of this specific crime as opposed to a QPQ.  Crime is neither necessary nor sufficient.

True. Not all crimes are impeachable. But is it your opinion that committing a felony by requesting foreign interference in our elections isn't an impeachable offense?

QPQ is not necessary here. The fact that it explicitly exists makes the crime worse, but it's not necessary to make the underlying conduct sufficiently criminal. 

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, see, you don't understand.  Trump denied it.  CASE CLOSED.

As another example, I asked Trump if he was wearing a red tie in this picture:

00-hero-trump-high-school.jpg

Trump denied it.  CASE CLOSED.

Gosh....it's almost like this was prophecy:

1984_telescreen_copy.jpg?1537036005

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

SAY IT, MONICA!!

Hmm?

SAY IT!!!!

UH HUH!!

YES, BABY THATS IT!!!

YEAH, WHOS YOUR DADDY?! 

SAY IT!!!

SAY IT!!!

Can I go now?

dumb and dumber dry heave GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Does anyone actually believe there wasn’t a QPQ? I mean, go team go! and I get that from the morons, but we all know exactly what’s going on here right?

Everyone believes there was one. The problem with talking about it so much is it creates smoke around what the real issue is. The QPQ does not matter. The felony election interference is the important piece. There is a reason the pubs want to talk about the QPQ. He didn’t “explicitly” (I know what he said and yes it’s pretty explicit but this is the world now) make a QPQ. Anytime someone brings up the QPQ instead of arguing the semantics lets just stick to the very simple, very straightforward, felony election interference that is not debatable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

True. Not all crimes are impeachable. But is it your opinion that committing a felony by requesting foreign interference in our elections isn't an impeachable offense?

QPQ is not necessary here. The fact that it explicitly exists makes the crime worse, but it's not necessary to make the underlying conduct sufficiently criminal. 

It’s my opinion that the trial in the Senate will be a layup for the Republicans if you don’t have quid pro quo. 

They will say “requesting foreign interference” is one version of the facts, “trying to get to the bottom of some alleged corruption  where the people with the most knowledge of it coincidentally are foreign” is another version of the facts. It’s not clear enough to me to be the bad version  to take the extraordinary step of removing the president over it,  right before lection could decide it anyway. 

If it is quid pro quo, you have a president clearly diverting military assets and interests for this investigation. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

lol

EGDbJTMU8AAmshy?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 1

Well fuck him for voting for the man that only stated ‘You think we’re so innocent?’ because he didn’t like pants suits.

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, we aren’t very logical at times.  It’s like you are at your neighborhood park on a weekday morning with your youngest kid,  sitting on a bench and reading Surly while they play, and an attractive mom says “oh, my husband reads that shaggy website all the time.”   You make small talk, just killing time.  She asks how often you come to that park, and you ask the same.  You notice she seems to be there when you are, then you start making plans to be there when she’s there with her kid.  After a month, you both have What’s App installed, because you don’t want your spouses thinking anything weird about random texts from a member of the opposite sex, and you don’t want them seeing text messages popping up on your iPad.  She jokes that she hides What’s App in her health folder on her phone, with all of her running/diet/period tracking apps because her husband will never look there.  Soon you’re exchanging all manner of photos on What’s App, dressed and undressed, and you are comparing notes about when your kids are in daycare, and when her husband is out of town or when he works and when your wife works, and when you work, etc. All the while you’re laughing every time you see a post from her husband on Surly   

Hypothetically it’s easy to make little decisions that fly in the face of what we believe in.  

Do you write the aggy visitor posts?

haha

40 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It’s my opinion that the trial in the Senate will be a layup for the Republicans if you don’t have quid pro quo. 

They will say “requesting foreign interference” is one version of the facts, “trying to get to the bottom of some alleged corruption  where the people with the most knowledge of it coincidentally are foreign” is another version of the facts.

So how is Elizabeth Warren now the subject of a corruption investigation, because Trump dragged her into his talks with China?