Little Marco shows his ass... again

Gil Bang

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

49, healthy, definitely non-essential.

how many super spreader events did he attend or speak at?

I haven't been in an enclosed room with more than 5 people in 9 months, and will be part of a group that is last to get the vaccine (rightly so)

Fuck this guy.

twitter responses gold.

Meh.  I'll reserve my outrage for hospital administrators working from home and the politicians who are getting immunized behind closed doors.  Not a fan of Rubio's but there are very real political continuity issues involved, and he's putting it out there on twitter knowing he's going to get ridiculed by the left and far right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

49, healthy, definitely non-essential.

how many super spreader events did he attend or speak at?

I haven't been in an enclosed room with more than 5 people in 9 months, and will be part of a group that is last to get the vaccine (rightly so)

Fuck this guy.

twitter responses gold.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Meh.  I'll reserve my outrage for hospital administrators working from home and the politicians who are getting immunized behind closed doors.  Not a fan of Rubio's but there are very real political continuity issues involved, and he's putting it out there on twitter knowing he's going to get ridiculed by the left and far right.

What does this even mean?

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Can you quote the lie?

I’m on a cellphone with this new message board software, so GTS.

But basically that every day people shouldn’t be wearing masks, that they would alarm people  while not being effective at protection. He later admitted that it was an unfortunate strategy to prevent a run on limited supply during a full blown toilet paper panic.

I’m pretty sure there is also congressional testimony. 

sorry about the derail.

I think the greater good impact of politicians getting it outweighs the drawback of them receiving it ahead of one other person. Motive be damned, people need to see leadership getting the vaccine. Especially Republicans because that's where the majority of anti-science morons are.

Rubio and others getting the vaccine is down near the very very bottom of an almost infinite list of "things Republicans do that should piss you off".

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I think the greater good impact of politicians getting it outweighs the drawback of them receiving it ahead of one other person. Motive be damned, people need to see leadership getting the vaccine. Especially Republicans because that's where the majority of anti-science morons are.

Rubio and others getting the vaccine is down near the very very bottom of an almost infinite list of "things Republicans do that should piss you off".

While I generally agree with your sentiment, particularly the last paragraph, let’s be honest. All of the stupid idiots who don’t want one will simply claim they’re getting a shot of a placebo or saline and claim it’s not the real vaccine. Prove them wing.gif, etc. 

21 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I’m on a cellphone with this new message board software, so GTS.

But basically that every day people shouldn’t be wearing masks, that they would alarm people  while not being effective at protection. He later admitted that it was an unfortunate strategy to prevent a run on limited supply during a full blown toilet paper panic.

I’m pretty sure there is also congressional testimony. 

sorry about the derail.

Fauci deserves shit for the mask fuck up.  Everyone in Asia was wondering why aren’t the stupid Americans wearing masks?!? Thanks Fauci. 

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fauci deserves shit for the mask fuck up.  Everyone in Asia was wondering why aren’t the stupid Americans wearing masks?!? Thanks Fauci. 

tbf, they probably wonder this every flu season when we've got people hacking up their lungs in public with no mask

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

tbf, they probably wonder this every flu season when we've got people hacking up their lungs in public with no mask

Probably, but that's because they don't understand how selfish the average American can be.  If you're hacking up your lungs in public, you're already sick.  You can't catch it when you already have it, so why should you give a fuck about anyone else getting sick from your germs?

We aren't learning a real lesson from covid and aren't getting any less selfish either.  A deadlier pandemic would wipe us off the map.  If Ebola had a longer incubation period, knowingly infected people would keep on carrying on cuz you can't take their last week of "freedom," and directly kill 100s of other people who would do the same to 100s more each.

12 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Fauci also lied about the threshold percentage of Americans that need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity recently.  CNN pressed him on it, and he admitted he was doing it in part to try to keep the public’s enthusiasm up and give them a percentage he thought they’d find palatable.  He’s admitted it to other media outlets, too.  https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/531829-rubio-slams-fauci-for-raising-his-herd-immunity-estimate-to-up-to-90-percent

I don’t think it’s helpful for Fauci to lie. It just fuels the conspiracy people and encourages the MAGA half of the country to dig in on not trusting the fake news and fake scientists.  

Maybe lying about masks prevented some hoarding and left more supplies for the hospitals for a short period.   Ok.   But then millions and millions of Americans became anti-maskers and we kept spreading the virus months and months after other countries got their shit together.  We were having huge outbreaks in the summer for fuck’s sake.  So, thanks.

Likewise, nobody is going to change their opinion on the vaccine if the NIH tells them we need 70% for herd immunity instead of 90%.   If anything, giving them a lower number for herd immunity is an excuse for people not to get the vaccine on the theory that you don’t really need so many people to get it.  I don’t follow why he thought this one was a good idea at all. 

Rubio is a douchenozzle, and he’s of course doing this in part out of ulterior motives of boosting his MAGA cred for 2024 or his next Senate bid.   But he’s actually right.   Fauci was wrong to lie about those things, and our government needs to cut this shit out and give people the real story - both on principle, and because the manipulation attempts do more harm than good on multiple levels, anyway. 

You’re not wrong with what you say but it’s all just deflection on their part and blaming Fauci instead of the GOP plays right into their hands. Did he handle some things incorrectly? Yes. Is this still just a bullshit diversion tactic to distract from the failure of the GOP? Yes.

Our covid problems (people not thinking it’s real, antimaskers, anti vax, etc.) lie solely at the feet of Donald Trump and the GOP.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Fauci also lied about the threshold percentage of Americans that need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity recently.  CNN pressed him on it, and he admitted he was doing it in part to try to keep the public’s enthusiasm up and give them a percentage he thought they’d find palatable.  He’s admitted it to other media outlets, too.  https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/531829-rubio-slams-fauci-for-raising-his-herd-immunity-estimate-to-up-to-90-percent

I don’t think it’s helpful for Fauci to lie. It just fuels the conspiracy people and encourages the MAGA half of the country to dig in on not trusting the fake news and fake scientists.  

Maybe lying about masks prevented some hoarding and left more supplies for the hospitals for a short period.   Ok.   But then millions and millions of Americans became anti-maskers and we kept spreading the virus months and months after other countries got their shit together.  We were having huge outbreaks in the summer for fuck’s sake.  So, thanks.

Likewise, nobody is going to change their opinion on the vaccine if the NIH tells them we need 70% for herd immunity instead of 90%.   If anything, giving them a lower number for herd immunity is an excuse for people not to get the vaccine on the theory that you don’t really need so many people to get it.  I don’t follow why he thought this one was a good idea at all. 

Rubio is a douchenozzle, and he’s of course doing this in part out of ulterior motives of boosting his MAGA cred for 2024 or his next Senate bid.   But he’s actually right.   Fauci was wrong to lie about those things, and our government needs to cut this shit out and give people the real story - both on principle, and because the manipulation attempts do more harm than good on multiple levels, anyway.   Obviously, that goes for Trump and all his cronies and their disinformation, too, but Fauci shouldn’t be exempt from criticism just because he’s not as bad as Trump.

200.gif

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Republican congress folks:

A month ago:

The democrats should have codified abortion at some point in the last 50 years. It is their own fault.

Now:

A bill to secure marriage rights for everyone isn’t necessary and is a stupid waste of time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

In Rubio's defense it is a stupid waste of time  cause even if it passes the SC will declare it unconstitutional.  

Yeah, everyone just assumes that these Supreme Court rulings can be federally "codified" and that any such law would survive the reversal of the ruling.  It is far from a sure thing.  A state "codifying" such a ruling, especially via its constitution, would fare far better.