Politics in the CV thread - stop posting it and stop responding to those that do

blacklab

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Just get rid of the fucking CR.  It's a septic echo chamber of bullshit with more than a dew paid trolls lurking and spouting their fucking nonsense (which I've seen cross-posted on other sites that did oust them as the online paid trolls that they are).  

Just now, blacklab said:

The problem with that is people will then post political shit in other places.

exactly, only way it could work would be to ban all the posters with +75% of their posts in the cloak room

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Just get rid of the fucking CR.  It's a septic echo chamber of bullshit with more than a dew paid trolls lurking and spouting their fucking nonsense (which I've seen cross-posted on other sites that did oust them as the online paid trolls that they are).  

Wait, what? Is there something real here to tell us?

15 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I would like to know more about this as well.

Just now, babysdaddy said:

I would like to know more about this as well.

I'm not outing anyone, but I can say we all know certain posters have certain styles.  Mannerisms.  A mode of communication that is easy to recognize.  For many, you could strip away the usernames and you'd know who they are.  Now carry this over to other sites that give zero shits and will dox at the drop of a hat.  Online trolls paid to post, float talking points, and regurgitate the same shit over and over.  Same shit.  Same style.  Same talking points.  Ousted as a troll.  So my point, don't feed the fucking trolls....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

That's a terrible idea as many have noted.  Hell no.  

Glad we are cracking down...the 3 paragraph CR rant followed by "No CR" is a personal fave.  As if that's some immunity clause we should all be aware of. 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

cant do that half those idiots paid money to keep the site running.  let them stay in their own circle jerk and wax each other off and not bleed into the rest of the forum

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That's a terrible idea as many have noted.  Hell no.  

Glad we are cracking down...the 3 paragraph CR rant followed by "No CR" is a personal fave.  As if that's some immunity clause we should all be aware of. 

Exactly, CR keeps 'em in their cesspool happy to be wallowing  in shit.  If they don't have that then they start infecting the other threads.  The CR is  like a magnetic oil pan plug. It attracts all the metal shavings that will eventually destroy your beautiful engine.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Is there at least a way to disable giving rep in CR, so that when one of them decides to vomit their politics all over another board they run the risk of being crowd sourced?

33 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is the correct answer right here. 

I've seen the suggestion that all positive rep given in the Cloak Room, be counted as negative rep for the site.  I like that one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

do you really want them on the streets?

25 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Blacklab or iMac should make it so anyone that has more than X number of clokeroom posts, it changes all the forum links so no matter what forum they click on it leads them back to clokekroom.  

Or just use one of these on the lot..

giphy (13).gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

The problem with that is people will then post political shit in other places.

It's kind of like, you have to have a toilet. Because if you didn't, you'd be forced to shit all over the living room rug. 

Sure, the toilet is full of shit. But that's better than the alternative. 

Edited by TornACL

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Blacklab or iMac should make it so anyone that has more than X number of clokeroom posts, it changes all the forum links so no matter what forum they click on it leads them back to clokekroom.  

This is a fantastic idea. 

• Like 1

in regards to "No more national leadership or mentions - this thread will only be for local instances of public policy by local I mean LOCAL, only city/county level discussion is allowed. The national and state public policy talk needs to move to Cloak Room as there isn't a conducive way to include it and have members of the board not feel attacked politically" does that mean the thread won't allow mentions of the Cuomo PCs or really just the info presented there? Don't think there has been much mention of his political BS but others have brought up the figures he presents. There are posters in NY/NYC (it is also the area hit the hardest right now and a preview of what the rest of the country will possibly have to deal with), VA, couple in WA, MN, etc so figure'd I'd ask for a ruling on whether "local" meant TX only or what. Thanks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Y’all should just have 2 separate forums for discussing current events:  DT:Trumpkins and DT:Non-Trumpkins.  So nobody gets their little feelings hurt.

Nah, since I'm neither, and I think ALL of your political opinions are complete bullshit, whether you love or hate our current president,  I'll just go with what the site owner and moderator already have set up.  Fucking idiots that can't help themselves, can post to their hearts' content, in the CR.

And the DT thread can be kept clean of all your stupid crap.

Yup, that works perfectly for me.  And the site owner.  So it looks like we're all good here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Y’all should just have 2 separate forums for discussing current events:  DT:Trumpkins and DT:Non-Trumpkins.  So nobody gets their little feelings hurt.

That's the stupidest idea I've heard yet. I don't want to hear what either side thinks about the politics of this matter, I just want a great amalgamation of different news sources. You are free to start such threads in the politics forum and discuss policy to your heart's content.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, blacklab said:

That's the stupidest idea I've heard yet. I don't want to hear what either side thinks about the politics of this matter, I just want a great amalgamation of different news sources. You are free to start such threads in the politics forum and discuss policy to your heart's content.

There are 3-4 mentions of and/or questions about policy on the last page.