ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

19 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

He lived in Austin for a long time and worked for Austin Chronicle reporting on sports and UT football, has been longtime famous on the internet from Pro Football Talk blogs/comment section with Mike Florio and has the most viewed sports podcast in America.

Neat. My reference still stands. 

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Cool, more propaganda about how Milroe is VY 2.0 now but sucked when he played us with no credit given to our defense.

Texas has close games and we lose eye test cred, Bama almost loses to fucking Auburn and they get a 10 minute segment on how great their last lucky play was

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I think Saban will actually be a plus addition and will be able to be more loose and funny now that he's not wearing the coach hat.  Can he please replace MClownAfee?

Nope he’ll be the Corso replacement.

Saban replaces him as the coach on the panel.

Mcafee replaces him as the clown.

Sometime in the near future you’ll have:

Desmond, Reese, Saban, Mcafee, and Herbie with Mcafee putting on the mascot heads.

Just have to figure out how to not piss everyone off by kicking Corso off the show before he’s ready to go.

46 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Nope he’ll be the Corso replacement.

Saban replaces him as the coach on the panel.

Mcafee replaces him as the clown.

Sometime in the near future you’ll have:

Desmond, Reese, Saban, Mcafee, and Herbie with Mcafee putting on the mascot heads.

Just have to figure out how to not piss everyone off by kicking Corso off the show before he’s ready to go.

I’m an old guy so it’s not hate. But, as iconic as he is on GameDay, Corso should have politely retired some years ago. Give him his victory lap season and move on. 

Watching Reese, Desmond and Herb try to prop him up when he struggles is one of the reasons I flip the channel when he gets air time. Maybe it’s my own mortality, but it is difficult to watch.

Edited by 59 Burst
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

I’m an old guy so it’s not hate. But, as iconic as he is on GameDay, Corso should have politely retired some years ago. Give him his victory lap season and move on. 

Watching Reese, Desmond and Herb try to prop him up when he struggles is one of the reasons I flip the channel when he gets air time. Maybe it’s my own mortality, but it is difficult to watch.

Same, and I love Corso.  It's hard to watch and it's been hard to watch for several years.  On one hand I want the best for him and empathize, because my lived experience with my father is that once someone stop working and "loses their purpose," they can degrade very, very rapidly.  It's probably healthy for him mentally and physically to put on the suit and do all the prep even if he can't express himself verbally as he once did.  

I'm kinda surprised that they haven't transitioned him into a Tom Rinaldi type and do packaged pre-recorded video hits of him; live shots play to his weakness.  But OTOH his strength is his chemistry with the team.  Aging sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1