Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She's doing anything she can to get the attention off her misconduct story/embezzlement. She wants to inflame the left media and get her far right base loving her to entice them to forget she has personally been stealing from the taxpayers. Allegedly.

38 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

There's nothing else more important going on, so why not?

I like that she's banning Chinese companies from owning farm land, and will be forcing them to sell their holdings. I mean, I'm not sure how she can do that, but I like that she's putting it out there to try and distract from the lectern.

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

A state where walmart HQ is located is against...china?  

Walmart is keeping china afloat.

It's only 160 acres to start, and it's not been a problem since they bought in 1988, but apparently in 2023 it's a problem, because something something they are shipping food to China something something.

I get going after the Saudis in Arizona who are sucking the water up with alfalfa and shipping it back to Saudi Arabia for their horses or whatever that whole thing is.

Here's the AP on Huckabee

https://apnews.com/article/china-huckabee-sanders-arkansas-farmland-467a0089a4a2f31de80ad0cbf36c634b

Arkansas on Tuesday ordered the subsidiary of a Chinese-owned company to divest itself of 160 acres (774,400 square yards) of agricultural land, the first such action under a wave of new laws across the country restricting foreign ownership of farmland. 

Attorney General Tim Griffin said Northrup King Seed Co. has two years to divest the property in Craighead County under legislation passed by the majority-Republican Legislature and signed by GOP Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders earlier this year. 

Northrup is a subsidiary of Syngenta Seeds, which is owned by China National Chemical Company, or ChemChina, a Chinese state-owned company.

“We will make sure that every company operating in Arkansas is a friend to Arkansas and good to hard-working Arkansans,” Sanders at a news conference with Griffin to announce the move. 

Syngenta said it was disappointed in the state’s decision about its land, which the company has owned since 1988. The company said no one from China has ever directed its executives to buy, lease or otherwise engage in land acquisition. 

“Our people in Arkansas are Americans led by Americans who care deeply about serving Arkansas farmers. This action hurts Arkansas farmers more than anyone else,” the company said.

Under the Arkansas law, if a company doesn’t divest of the land, the state can take action in court. Griffin did not say whether the state has identified other foreign-owned land that would prompt similar action under the new law.

The state also fined Syngenta $280,000 for not reporting its foreign ownership under a 2021 state law, which gives the company 30 days to pay the fine. Syngenta said Tuesday the company updated its filing with the U.S. Department of Agriculture after an internal review reflecting the change in ownership, and has also filed a copy with the state.

Feels like make-work bullshit designed for MAGA.

I notice they don't give a fuck about the immigration status of a lot of the employees of Arkansas's agricultural operations.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Good point, I’m sure she didn’t run this idea past Dan Bartlett up the road in Bentonville.  Easy mistake considering her dumbass had the same fucking job Dan did in the White House before he left for Wal Mart. Does she come up with these bad ideas between being given the Hiemlich Manuever at feed troughs?  

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

image.gif.27f6ebbe3a915a013a2278c2c4eaf57d.gif

Lionel Hutz:  “and what did you do after you were kicked out?”

Marge:  “We went straight home…”

Lionel: “Mrs Simpson need I remind you that you re under oath”

Marge:  “We drove around for hours looking for another all you can eat fish restaurant”

Lionel: “And then what happened?”

Marge, crying: “…we went fishing” 

*gasps from the courtroom*

Paraphrased from memory but god I love classic Simpsons 

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 3

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Lionel Hutz:  “and what did you do after you were kicked out?”

Marge:  “We went straight home…”

Lionel: “Mrs Simpson need I remind you that you re under oath”

Marge:  “We drove around for hours looking for another all you can eat fish restaurant”

Lionel: “And then what happened?”

Marge, crying: “…we went fishing” 

*gasps from the courtroom*

Paraphrased from memory but god I love classic Simpsons 

This reminds me of a seafood buffet we went to in honolulu based on a recommendation from Oahu Revealed. My wife was cracking crab legs for me at a furious pace while I scarfed them down. I got my money’s worth and then some.

• 2 weeks later...

Her wardrobe choices are fair game unless she's developmentally disabled. She should have spent the $19k of the people's money on a fucking mirror. She needs a new feed sack tailor. Maybe this woman is still around:

spacer.png

These women wore them better:

spacer.png

In hard times early in the 20th Century, feed companies started putting patterns on the sacks so those using them to make dresses would have some variety. I always thought that was pretty cool. Or maybe it helped sales. Or both.

Here's an example of how well it was done:

7223c8a6-b0ed-4126-890d-aaba1bcaddc3_402

So ends your History Moment brought to you by Kraft Cheese Food Products. Kraft uses only the best leftover petrochemicals from the cleanest refineries! Kraft Quality!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 10/20/2023 at 12:11 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Don't you just KNOW that the Israelis are breathing a lot easier now, knowing that Arkansas is in their corner?

image.thumb.jpeg.3dcdeef5ea73691de11089a77d648b9e.jpeg

Counsul: Where are you from again?

Huckabeef: Arkansas.

Consul: What's that?

Huckabeef: We're a US state.

Consul: How do you spell that?

Huckabeef: A-r-k-a-n-s-a-s.

Consul: Oh, Kansas, I've heard of that, why are you spelling it so weird?

Huckabeef: No, that's a different state, we're Arkansas.

Consul: Are-Kansas? I don't get it? Are you saying you are or are not Kansas?

Huckabeef: No it's pronounced Arkansaw.

Consul: You spelled it with an s at the end, like Kansas. I'm still confused.

Huckabeef: It's just how we pronounce it.

Consul: Oh. Who is this again?

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

just goto Nordstrom's in Dallas and let their style consultants dress you 

You make the RNC pay for it, duh. 

Cable television, talk radio and even shows like “Access Hollywood” seemed gripped with sartorial fever after campaign finance reports confirmed that the Republican National Committee spent $75,062 at Neiman Marcus and $49,425 at Saks Fifth Avenue in September for Ms. Palin and her family.

Advisers to Ms. Palin said on Wednesday that the purchases which totaled about $150,000 and were classified as “campaign accessories” were made on the fly after Ms. Palin, the governor of Alaska, was chosen as the Republican vice-presidential candidate on Aug. 29 and needed new clothes to match climates across the 50 states. They emphasized, too, that Ms. Palin did not spend time on the shopping, and that other people made the decision to buy such an array of clothes.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Counsul: Where are you from again?

Huckabeef: Arkansas.

Consul: What's that?

Huckabeef: We're a US state.

Consul: How do you spell that?

Huckabeef: A-r-k-a-n-s-a-s.

Consul: Oh, Kansas, I've heard of that, why are you spelling it so weird?

Huckabeef: No, that's a different state, we're Arkansas.

Consul: Are-Kansas? I don't get it? Are you saying you are or are not Kansas?

Huckabeef: No it's pronounced Arkansaw.

Consul: You spelled it with an s at the end, like Kansas. I'm still confused.

Huckabeef: It's just how we pronounce it.

Consul: Oh. Who is this again?

Who are we kidding? That ditch-pig didn't even get that far. The phone she's holding to her ear is either bleeping the disconnect sound or she's been waiting on hold for 73 mins.

I don't know who the Counsel of General of Israel is or what they do but they're certainly not entertaining calls from backwards-ass, racist US state governors during a time of war.

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Who are we kidding? That ditch-pig didn't even get that far. The phone she's holding to her ear is either bleeping the disconnect sound or she's been waiting on hold for 73 mins.

I don't know who the Counsel of General of Israel is or what they do but they're certainly not entertaining calls from backwards-ass, racist US state governors during a time of war.

I forget to end with. 

"Okay, sorry ma'am, I'm not interested in donating to your girl scout troop or whatever, please put me on your do not call list."

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1