2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Biggest takeaway I got watching coverage last night in a bunch of these tight races was the increasing amount of "Independent" voters. Their numbers are now within range of the main 2 parties is many more places. I think there is a much greater opportunity in 2022 and 2024 for middle of the road candidates to have a chance taking votes from both sides. I think there is a majority of people sitting in the middle that would love to have a 3rd candidate that doesn't represent either of these two parties.  While it would take right right candidate to have a real shot, I do feel like there actually is a shot. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

But trump is up by 103k votes.  There are only a little over 100k outstanding votes.  Is it really realistic to expect near 100% of those to go Biden?

Where have you seen there's only 100k outstanding votes? Dekalb had close to 80k absentee ballots.  Fulton close to 50k.  Gwinnett had close to 80k.  

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Biggest takeaway I got watching coverage last night in a bunch of these tight races was the increasing amount of "Independent" voters. Their numbers are now within range of the main 2 parties is many more places. I think there is a much greater opportunity in 2022 and 2024 for middle of the road candidates to have a chance taking votes from both sides. I think there is a majority of people sitting in the middle that would love to have a 3rd candidate that doesn't represent either of these two parties.  While it would take right right candidate to have a real shot, I do feel like there actually is a shot. 

I know i do!

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There are about 300K votes outstanding in GA.  Biden would have to pull 67% of those votes to make it a dead heat.

Dekalb is currently at 83% Biden.  Fulton 71%, Gwinnett 58%.  I doubt early/absentee runs much worse than any of that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Where have you seen there's only 100k outstanding votes? Dekalb had close to 80k absentee ballots.  Fulton close to 50k.  Gwinnett had close to 80k.  

I was watching CNN and the said around 150k votes outstanding but maybe they were only talking about a few counties.  But even if its 300k votes outstanding, making up 103k votes is a tall order

31 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why are you presuming the Senate is eternally Republican?

Strange.

How do we win more Senate seats?  I won't list them all, but I count 22 states where I think it's unlikely we win statewide with anything other than a Manchin type.  That's 44 seats and I'm not counting states like Texas and Florida that I think could swing in the near future but have 2 Republicans now.  I'd truly like to hear a strategy that doesn't require the Dem to film all their commercials holding a shotgun.  

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah the biggest takeaway I got is there are a shit ton of Republicans who are registered as "Independents" for reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Storm the Field said:

Biden now up 7K in MI with 90% reporting. Majority of remaining ballots would appear to be in Wayne County. Final result probably not gonna be close enough to challenge.

According to CNN map, Wayne county still only at 70% so more Dem votes to come. 

• Hook 'Em 1