2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

32 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

The donations Trumpkins are sending for the “legal defense fund” will be used for MAGA rallies to sell them on the new Trump digital news network  

So it looks like I was wrong yesterday. It was a Fox, not a frog, that got stung by the scorpion.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Lawyer needs to say that honestly to the judge. Trump can then shout about how terrible the fraud was. They said nobody had ever seen fraud like this before. A judge came up to me, a big guy, he had tears in his eyes and he said sir, I’ve never seen anyone treated so unfairly. 

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Undoubtedly a ‘fuck around and find out’ situation.  Please go on with this ever so genius plan.  

I realize you are a Sooner, but for a Longhorn fan this is the equivalent of Barry Switzer challenging Jackie Sherrill to a fight to the death.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

https://apnews.com/article/trump-voters-face-biden-victory-ced7bebdfebdeb63e545704d652daf85

“The votes didn’t reflect that amount of enthusiasm. I just find that very surprising,” she said. ”It makes me wonder.”

“It just seems to me that there’s a lot of things that can be improved in the system so that people felt more confident,” she said.

In addition to having Mississippi  secede from the union, here is another thing I agree with the MAGA crowd about.  There are definitely things we should to improve the election system so that it more accurately represents the level of enthusiasm of the population and people can feel more confident in it.  Nothing would do this better than getting rid of the EC.   

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-voters-face-biden-victory-ced7bebdfebdeb63e545704d652daf85

“The votes didn’t reflect that amount of enthusiasm. I just find that very surprising,” she said. ”It makes me wonder.”

“It just seems to me that there’s a lot of things that can be improved in the system so that people felt more confident,” she said.

In addition to having Mississippi  secede from the union, here is another thing I agree with the MAGA crowd about.  There are definitely things we should to improve the election system so that it more accurately represents the level of enthusiasm of the population and people can feel more confident in it.  Nothing would do this better than getting rid of the EC.   

Why even have states then?  Let’s get rid of states, get rid of the senate, and just have the house and president run America. The. The territories can have representation in the house and a vote for president. Popular vote for potus so that district gerrymandering doesn’t affect that office. 

The Trump's campaign strategy of having large scale rallies during the pandemic versus the Biden's desire to be safe worked wonders for the overall narrative. Sure it helped spread a deadly virus across the entire Midwest, but is that really more important than Trump being able to destroy our democracy?

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why even have states then?  Let’s get rid of states, get rid of the senate, and just have the house and president run America. The. The territories can have representation in the house and a vote for president. Popular vote for potus so that district gerrymandering doesn’t affect that office. 

Leave the Senate alone. Get rid of the EC and let every US citizen vote for President no matter where they reside. Even expat citizens are paying federal taxes.  

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Leave the Senate alone. Get rid of the EC and let every US citizen vote for President no matter where they reside. Even expat citizens are paying federal taxes.  

Hmmm... If so, how do we adjust it to limit obstructionism (both in what is considered from the House and in the "party line" voting strategies we're seeing)

1 minute ago, NWBuck said:

Hmmm... If so, how do we adjust it to limit obstructionism (both in what is considered from the House and in the "party line" voting strategies we're seeing)

Modify Senate rules so that they have to vote on every nominee from the President and every bill from the House. They can vote down things, but they shouldn't be allowed to sit on them.  This will at least force them to go on record. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Getting rid of the electoral college doesn't destroy federalism. 

• Hook 'Em 1

keeping with the whole narrative of red states besides texas mooching off the blue state economic prosperity, at the county level, counties won by trump only represent 29% of gdp.

spacer.png

obviously not terribly surprising and more of a commentary on urban v. rural in the modern economy but still...

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Geraldo will always have a special place in my heart -- we watched the famous brawl on his show while day-drinking with some old-timers at the bar at Marvin's Blue Goose Lodge in Altair, TX (now long-gone).

hatemongersbannertitle.jpg

Back when I didn't have to give a shit about anything but hunting and drinking, and occasionally attending class.

Had to look up Altair.

Jeremiah Johnson head nod for Alt US 90 yo.

8 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

You guys don't see too concerned about the MILLIONS OF MAGICAL VOTES that we learned got switched from Trump to Biden this morning.

Trumpsters are so fucking stupid, it's difficult to discern whether this post sincere stupidity or just a parody of stupidity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Yep Trumpers new thing is okay maybe there wasn't voter fraud but the voter machines were hacked by the Democrat programmers.

I can only base my thinking on my experience early voting but don't most machines give the voter a card with their selections that are then put in ballot box? If so, it's pretty easy to see the selections during an audit. 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

consider her brow furrowed.

I hate her so, so, so much.  Seriously, I may hate her more than Trump.  Because she's NOT a clinically insane sociopath.  She's just a fucking coward, who would sell all of us down the river for some transitory power, and then LIE to us about being concerned about her fate.

She deserves suffering and pain in her life.  I have to hope the universe eventually delivers.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Yep Trumpers new thing is okay maybe there wasn't voter fraud but the voter machines were hacked by the Democrat programmers.

Seeing them pivot to whichever new allegation is supposed to be the bombshell every few hours is pretty awesome.

It should be pointed out that all it would likely take to get the GSA flack to sign off and commence the transition is a subpoena from House Dems along with the threat of a criminal referral to the DOJ for failure to immediately comply once Biden is inaugurated.

The learned helplessness of Democrats is infuriating.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

States elect the president, not the people. If that’s not factual, or we can legislate it out, then fine by me. 

I don't see it happening. Constitutional amendment will never happen. The NPVIC is pretty clever, but I expect scotus would kill it. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

38 minutes ago, pacman said:

Trumpsters already leaving Fox for Newsmax...never heard of it untol now

They'll go there until they realize nobody else will go there or cover their coverage...after that happens they'll be scrambling for main stream exposure again.  So predictable, these idiots.  The fact they wanna burn the fox bridge tells you exactly how stupid they are.  They'll be up shitcreek if that network decides Trump is an enemy, all of a sudden.  The asshole murdochs will make the Lincoln Project team seem downright docile. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm waiting for the "super radioactive unbreakable watermark sting of the dems" ballots to show up......Q promised me.....

tenor.gif

Every mail in ballot in PA was filled in with calligraphy ink only used in China.  In, Michigan, Trump observers reported smelling a faint smell of Chinese food when mail-in ballots were opened. That's why poll workers made them stand further away.  The paper on some Georgia mail-in ballots is made from fiber only found in Iran. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It should be pointed out that all it would likely take to get the GSA flack to sign off and commence the transition is a subpoena from House Dems along with the threat of a criminal referral to the DOJ for failure to immediately comply once Biden is inaugurated.

We got a federal crime covering failing to ascertain? We have one for pretty much everything else, so I could see one being applicable. Or do you mean failure to comply with the subpoena? I'd imagine she'd comply with it and say whatever the trump regime tells her to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

On what grounds? 

On "lol you thought the rule of law mattered?" grounds. The law is just Calvinball to conservatives.

The Constitution's elections clause requires each state's legislature to prescribe the time, place, and manner of elections. Conservatives in the judiciary are already stretching that to strike down the ability of state courts to interpret state election laws. It wouldn't be much more of a stretch to argue, say, that each legislature has a non-delegable duty to determine how it will prescribe the time, place, and manner of elections, and that it can't essentially outsource the determination of how to cast its electors to other states. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

We got a federal crime covering failing to ascertain? We have one for pretty much everything else, so I could see one being applicable. Or do you mean failure to comply with the subpoena? I'd imagine she'd comply with it and say whatever the trump regime tells her to. 

Failure to comply. Subpoena her testimony and all relevant communications to and from her office. Whoever is left in the administration who could actually give her some effective counsel on how to respond is too busy figuring out if they can grift a few more bucks before they're out and shredding evidence of all their past crimes. Scare the shit out of her and there's a good chance she folds. And if not, you've lost nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Of course it is, his whole 2016 campaign was just to make money since his tv show got cancelled for racist remarks and when he won he prioritized making money over America.  Why would he do anything different on the way out?

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think the Democrats would rather try to force a split between the Republicans and the Trumpicans.  Make Collins answer the question.  Make every fucking Republican answer the question.  You aren't really seeking a resolution of a wedge issue.  

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I think the Democrats would rather try to force a split between the Republicans and the Trumpicans.  Make Collins answer the question.  Make every fucking Republican answer the question.  You aren't really seeking a resolution of a wedge issue.  

They fucking should be. This is actually an extremely serious life or death issue. Every day they delay fucks up the Biden administration's ability to start addressing covid, to develop an understanding of the latest national security threats, etc. And let's not pretend they've made some real political calculation here. The Georgia runoffs aren't going to hinge on what Susan fucking Collins says about how quickly Biden's transition can get started. This is cowardice, pure and simple.

• Hook 'Em 1