2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

It's been an impressive piece of performance art.  I'm kind of disappointed the cracks are already starting to show.  Joaquin Phoenix was in character for that documentary for what, a year?  Andy Kaufman could have kept this up for a decade.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Thank god Geraldo finally weighed in. Hopefully we’ll hear from other respected dignitaries like Jerry Springer and Ricky Lake soon.

Geraldo will always have a special place in my heart -- we watched the famous brawl on his show while day-drinking with some old-timers at the bar at Marvin's Blue Goose Lodge in Altair, TX (now long-gone).

hatemongersbannertitle.jpg

Back when I didn't have to give a shit about anything but hunting and drinking, and occasionally attending class.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

“I demand a recount!”

“Okay.”

(Recounts the ballots)

“Biden gained more votes”

“STOP THE COUNT!”

So what was the source of the 271 vote loss for Trump. Seems like we ought to know why he had nearly 300 more votes than he should.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

how does gerrymandering affect statewide elections?

It doesn't directly.  But consider the effect on state legislative delegations, resulting in Republican majorities even though many have a majority of Democratic voters.  A lot of  right-wing crazies want states to refuse to certify the vote and  the legislative body appoint electors.  They are also floating the notion that the House (with a majority of Republican delegations)  might end up electing the President. 

11 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I've heard about Twitter banning Trump but would they really? He and his followers generate a lot traffic to the website.

They also stir up a lot of unnecessary shit that needs a lot of resources/manpower to manually deal with, and causes problems with advertisers.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

When you've lost Geraldo - it might be time to finally pack your shit.

Seriously though - looks like more and more republicans (and republican talking heads) are starting to speak publicly about Trump needing to accept that the lawsuits will not overturn the election and that he needs to accept the race is over  (none are mentioning conceding defeat though).  

Actually Geraldo bailing is huge - he's been relying heavily on Trump's base these past 4 years.

When Geraldo decides you're being crazy, something is wrong.

But still love him for Al's vault, and for giving away military plans during the Iraq invasion.   Was watching it in real time when he began mapping out in the sand where the unit he was embedded with was about to attack.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Geraldo will always have a special place in my heart -- we watched the famous brawl on his show while day-drinking with some old-timers at the bar at Marvin's Blue Goose Lodge in Altair, TX (now long-gone).

hatemongersbannertitle.jpg

Back when I didn't have to give a shit about anything but hunting and drinking, and occasionally attending class.

My buddy and I watched his tumble in the wave live and it almost killed us

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

The FoxNews website is already referring to Biden as President-Elect and is bitching about who might be on his cabinet or what policies he might push.  The closest thing they have to a headline mentioning Trump's lawsuits or refusal to concede is "Trump campaign demands transparency, accountability in vote audit push."  They even have a headline attacking Biden's potential chief of staff for questioning election integrity in a "resurfaced tweet."  

Yeah, I've been checking in on FoxNews.com, and they are all-in on Biden being President, and yeah, they are bitching about his cabinet choices, what executive orders he's going to roll out on Day 1, etc.

They've got to be really happy - they should see an uptick in viewers now that they are the resistance instead of the establishment.

• Hook 'Em 1

Preface: I HATE Trump and I think he is the most dangerous, divisive, worst American in history.

I think it is entirely reasonable to increase oversight of the election.  Because of the unique circumstances involving covid, recounts and audits are totally warranted. BUT...

There is an enormous difference between the President saying something like “because the pandemic caused dramatic changes in how votes were submitted and counted, and because this race is so close, I am requesting full recounts and audits in all swing states.  Contrary to what has been reported, I believe that these audits and recounts will show that I won the election.  Regardless, I have full faith that the election was free and fair, and that in the end the results will be accurate.” and what he has actually said, which is “THE ELECTION WAS A FRAUD, THERE WAS MASSIVE CHEATING!!!!”.  The first message actually INCREASES the public’s confidence in the electoral process and increases the public’s confidence that there will be a peaceful transition.  His actual message has taken a jackhammer to the foundation that holds our society together; I consider that to be treason, and I think it deserves to be appropriately punished.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

200 votes means 99.99%+ accuracy in counting in AZ. I think it is just a recognition that the real world differs from theoretical. 

Under normal circumstances I couldn’t give two shits about a few hundred votes, but if Trump co.  is going to contest every vote, I want to know where all of his incorrect votes came from. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I think it is entirely reasonable to increase oversight of the election.  

I do too. It is, of course, completely contrary to the Republican rationalization when they torpedoed the Voting Rights Act.  It was all about the states having unfettered the power to run their elections without federal intrusion.  So, if they now want to discuss federal oversight of elections, I think it should be placed in the overall context of a governing principle rather than just whining like bitches because their guy lost. 

19 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Preface: I HATE Trump and I think he is the most dangerous, divisive, worst American in history.

I think it is entirely reasonable to increase oversight of the election.  Because of the unique circumstances involving covid, recounts and audits are totally warranted. BUT...

There is an enormous difference between the President saying something like “because the pandemic caused dramatic changes in how votes were submitted and counted, and because this race is so close, I am requesting full recounts and audits in all swing states.  Contrary to what has been reported, I believe that these audits and recounts will show that I won the election.  Regardless, I have full faith that the election was free and fair, and that in the end the results will be accurate.” and what he has actually said, which is “THE ELECTION WAS A FRAUD, THERE WAS MASSIVE CHEATING!!!!”.  The first message actually INCREASES the public’s confidence in the electoral process and increases the public’s confidence that there will be a peaceful transition.  His actual message has taken a jackhammer to the foundation that holds our society together; I consider that to be treason, and I think it deserves to be appropriately punished.

Except even your watered down version is bullshit and removed from reality. No audit or recount has ever changed the vote totals more than 1200 votes (FL in 2000) and most only by a few hundred. There just aren’t tens of thousands of votes that will be thrown out in 3 or 4 states each. It will never happen and his bitching is unserious fantasy land garbage. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Narrator:  The election wasn’t close. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Except even your watered down version is bullshit and removed from reality. No audit or recount has ever changed the vote totals more than 1200 votes (FL in 2000) and most only by a few hundred. There just aren’t tens of thousands of votes that will be thrown out in 3 or 4 states each. It will never happen and his bitching is unserious fantasy land garbage. 

This.  The entire narrative of MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD is just a flat-out lie, without any basis in fact.  They extrapolated from a handful of examples (and there are some -- some gal harvesting ballots at a nursing home, somebody voted for their dead mom somewhere) that it's MASSIVE.....there were something like 150 million votes.  If there's 150 million of ANYTHING, we're going to find an outlier here and there, no matter what.  But no, not enough to change the tide in a statewide election (that's what each POTUS vote is).

That's why all cases of "fraudulent/stolen elections" are on a much smaller scale -- city council, state rep, and at the high end, a congressional district race (landslide Lyndon!).  A bad actor can only muster up so many fraudulent votes -- you can't manufacture tens of thousands of them.

On the other hand, larger races ARE influenced by systemic voter SUPPRESSION.  Purge several hundred thousand voters from the rolls?  That can make a difference (see Georgia).  Notice how the GOP is SUPER concerned about imaginary fraud, but is also SUPER on board with real voter suppression.  Fuck them in the goat ass.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Faith in the voting system is huge.  Nobody is debating that.  But the bigger issue is around 46 in 100 Americans are ok voting for the biggest POS to ever run for president.  I’m all about celebrating but this autopsy is gonna be a mess.  

Doc, do you usually celebrate at autopsies? 

56 minutes ago, heso said:

So what was the source of the 271 vote loss for Trump. Seems like we ought to know why he had nearly 300 more votes than he should.

These people, many of them volunteers, are counting hundreds of thousands of ballots for 12 hours a day for multiple days while people are watching over their shoulder for any sign of something suspicious.  Sometimes they mix it up - they put down 3650 for Biden and 3855 for Trump when it's the other way around.  Or they add an extra digit by accident when inputting things into a computer - Trump didn't get 3677 votes, just 377, but someone fat fingered it. 

This is why they recanvass and audit counts before certification.  Humans make mistakes and they catch the mistakes during recanvass. 

Just making sure you're not thinking it is something nefarious. Per the article, they found a 200-something vote error for Trump in one county and a 100-something vote error for Biden in another county.  It was not just against Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

These people, many of them volunteers, are counting hundreds of thousands of ballots for 12 hours a day for multiple days while people are watching over their shoulder for any sign of something suspicious.  Sometimes they mix it up - they put down 3650 for Biden and 3855 for Trump when it's the other way around.  Or they add an extra digit by accident when inputting things into a computer - Trump didn't get 3677 votes, just 377, but someone fat fingered it. 

This is why they recanvass and audit counts before certification.  Humans make mistakes and they catch the mistakes during recanvass. 

Just making sure you're not thinking it is something nefarious. Per the article, they found a 200-something vote error for Trump in one county and a 100-something vote error for Biden in another county.  It was not just against Trump. 

This will be hilarious.  There’s going to be just as many errors that favor Trump.  The rubes dont get it - zero surprise there.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

As someone else said, Fort Bend has the new paper system, yet a lady in the neighborhood near mine walked out with her ballot. I have no idea how she did this as I voted in the same place and they walked me through the whole process and made sure I turned in mine before I left. She had to be the top of the morons for the area.

The system sometimes works as an IQ test.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's patently obvious to anyone who lacks an agenda that mistakes should largely cancel out.  Unfortunately, partisan hacks who see (for instance) 5,040 improperly recorded votes that should have gone to Trump in a particular state can crow about fraud, yet conveniently leave out the fact that 4,972 other votes should have gone to Biden.

* I made up the numbers

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

This was my experience in Galveston County, except for one thing. I came in and presented my ID to the geriatric at the front who printed out my pin number. I took my pin number to a table where two Black Ladies were sitting. One of them handed my a long stick with a cotton swab on the end to use on the machine instead of my finger. When I grabbed it she didn't let go. Instead she gave me the "You know what you have to do" Black Woman head tilt.

3b5ccca5d13b4312216eec7b6574b359.gif

That's when I responded back with the " You are got damned right I know what I have to do" Black man in agreement look.

3128c546132769e32a1bd876d69057dd1564c77e

Then she let go of the stick. I walked over to the machine, put the pin in, and gave them the straight D they were looking for, all ticket long. When I was done, I walked out like.......

V3hh.gif

I am quoting this for no particular reason other than I want to see it on every new page.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I totally get it. I know that there are going to be mistakes and a few hundred votes is meaningless. 

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

This was my experience in Galveston County, except for one thing. I came in and presented my ID to the geriatric at the front who printed out my pin number. I took my pin number to a table where two Black Ladies were sitting. One of them handed my a long stick with a cotton swab on the end to use on the machine instead of my finger. When I grabbed it she didn't let go. Instead she gave me the "You know what you have to do" Black Woman head tilt.

3b5ccca5d13b4312216eec7b6574b359.gif

That's when I responded back with the " You are got damned right I know what I have to do" Black man in agreement look.

3128c546132769e32a1bd876d69057dd1564c77e

Then she let go of the stick. I walked over to the machine, put the pin in, and gave them the straight D they were looking for, all ticket long. When I was done, I walked out like.......

V3hh.gif

I wish I could pos rep this one twice, thanks for the much needed belly laugh this morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

The donations Trumpkins are sending for the “legal defense fund” will be used for MAGA rallies to sell them on the new Trump digital news network  

This could be fun.  I’m not sure Rupert Murdoch is the guy I would choose to have a pissing contest with, but you do you Donnie.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

This could be fun.  I’m not sure Rupert Murdoch is the guy I would choose to have a pissing contest with, but you do you Donnie.

no kidding.  'don't get into fights with people that buy ink by the barrel' -- which, in this case, is a massive understatement.  more like don't get into a fight with people that have a matrix-style brain tap directly into a hundred million people.