2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 hours ago, Chooky said:

In a suspicious vault.

They should have a neurosurgeon redo the whole vault thing with Trump's cranium posthumously (or antemortem).  Only his goons would be amazed when we find a dead rat and a couple hairballs in there.  But either way, Geraldo needs to be doing the special. 

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

They fucking should be. This is actually an extremely serious life or death issue. Every day they delay fucks up the Biden administration's ability to start addressing covid, to develop an understanding of the latest national security threats, etc. And let's not pretend they've made some real political calculation here. The Georgia runoffs aren't going to hinge on what Susan fucking Collins says about how quickly Biden's transition can get started. This is cowardice, pure and simple.

If the Democrats can get enough Republicans to criticize the President, there is a decent chance Trump will attack Republicans, and his cultist dipshits will follow his lead.  It's a long shot, but really the best shot of winning the Senate. 

But let's also talk about timing.  The House isn't in session this week.  They are next week.  How long do you think it would take to get a subpoena issued? How long do you think a subpoena would take to play out in the courts?  And are the Democrats going to just prosecute her, or are they going to go back and prosecute every Republican stooge who refused to answer a subpoena during the impeachment? Either way, it looks pretty fucking vindictive to start the "healing" process with a new administration.  

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I hate her so, so, so much.  Seriously, I may hate her more than Trump.  Because she's NOT a clinically insane sociopath.  She's just a fucking coward, who would sell all of us down the river for some transitory power, and then LIE to us about being concerned about her fate.

She deserves suffering and pain in her life.  I have to hope the universe eventually delivers.

42 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Gotdamn I HATE Susan Collins so so so much.

Haha. I'm now fantasizing and cheering for Susan Collins to switch parties if the Democrats can pick up just one seat in GA, and/or reclaim her "independent" roots and move serious policy for the Democrats. Not only would I take it, but watching folks like you two having to come to terms with her would be a delicious silver lining. 

john_doe_has_the_upp383f94094b.gif

She's 67, and just won what we assume would be her final term in Senate. If she were smart, she could shape her legacy by getting on the right side of shit. And if it's power she wants, well, she could revel in it to close out her career. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

There are several possible grounds. The Compact Clause and Supremacy Clause seem the most likely. Wiki's page has a good summary of the legal arguments on both sides. 

Yeah it's a tricky legal situation. But there are workarounds specifically because Article Two states that the state legislatures direct the manner by which electors are appointed. 

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Haha. I'm now fantasizing and cheering for Susan Collins to switch parties if the Democrats can pick up just one seat in GA, and/or reclaim her "independent" roots and move serious policy for the Democrats. Not only would I take it, but watching folks like you two having to come to terms with her would be a delicious silver lining. 

john_doe_has_the_upp383f94094b.gif

She's 67, and just won what we assume would be her final term in Senate. If she were smart, she could shape her legacy by getting on the right side of shit. And if it's power she wants, well, she could revel in it to close out her career. 

Would I take it, and use her?  Yep.  I'll use anyone -- I'll send Stalin weapons to fight Hitler.  But I would relish every degrading moment of it.  And it would cement her role as the covergirl on the 21st Century edition of "Profiles in Cowardice."

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone explain this to me. Biden can't fire or appoint his own head to the Federal Reserve, he that one has a lifespan of it's own?

No.  The Feds' board of governors is appointed by the President, confirmed by the Senate, to 14 year terms.  There is no provision in the law for removal of governors.

Trump has made some noise about removing Powell, but that would be extremely controversial if not unlawful.  But, Trump, of course.

That is how the Fed preserves its political independence.  Allegedly.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Gotdamn I HATE Susan Collins so so so much.

a few months ago, we were watching an snl episode that had a susan collins sketch.  the wife was like, "that's really annoying, who is that supposed to be?"

i explained who susan collins was, and showed her an actual clip.  her response was basically "oh wow, she's worse in real life than the impression."

yep.

• Like 1

Holy shit, now I see a reporter saying Trump is acting like he is insane.  What a fkn revelation, I never would have known that unless someone had beaten me over the head with it.  No, really too bad that a few million more people did not fkn know that thirty or forty years ago like some of us did.

Honestly, If I was Pelosi, I'd give it a few more days, let the votes get certified, and if PA and MI start fucking around with appointing electors, I'd call a press conference and say:

"Either the GOP leaders recognize the election is over, Joe Biden is the president elect, begin an orderly transition, and start having hard conversations with Donald Trump, or we are summarily ending further government funding negotiations.  The House has the power of the purse for the next two years and will use it if we have to. This coup attempt ends right now. "

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Honestly, If I was Pelosi, I'd give it a few more days, let the votes get certified, and if PA and MI start fucking around with appointing electors, I'd call a press conference and say:

"Either the GOP leaders recognize the election is over, Joe Biden is the president elect, begin an orderly transition, and start having hard conversations with Donald Trump, or we are summarily ending further government funding negotiations.  The House has the power of the purse for the next two years and will use it if we have to. This coup attempt ends right now. "

lol hoping for anything more than a limp wristed, mealy mouth protest before rolling over from the democratic leadership. They claimed that they'd cede power after consolidating in 2018. I'm sure chuck and nancy will continue to shit the bed and roll around in it.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

They fucking should be. This is actually an extremely serious life or death issue. Every day they delay fucks up the Biden administration's ability to start addressing covid, to develop an understanding of the latest national security threats, etc. And let's not pretend they've made some real political calculation here. The Georgia runoffs aren't going to hinge on what Susan fucking Collins says about how quickly Biden's transition can get started. This is cowardice, pure and simple.

Bush had only 32 days to transition. The 9/11 Commission cited that as a key reason for the intelligence failures leading to 9/11.

You are exactly correct.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-voters-face-biden-victory-ced7bebdfebdeb63e545704d652daf85

“The votes didn’t reflect that amount of enthusiasm. I just find that very surprising,” she said. ”It makes me wonder.”

“It just seems to me that there’s a lot of things that can be improved in the system so that people felt more confident,” she said.

One boat, one vote!

• Haha 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Absolutely, yes. But may be tricky to make any headway with a President who will be 81 at the end of his first term.

Well he shouldn’t be running for a second term. I don’t know if that means the dems have to get behind harris or if they will fight it out in the primary again, or if Harris could beat trump in 2024, but Joe should decline to run for re-election. 

Okie Senator James Lankford says he'll make sure Biden starts getting briefings soon. He's still a piece of shit, but it's fun seeing his redblood supporters riled up. The article says Kamala is already getting these briefings based on her committee in the Senate, so that should help if trump continues his titty baby tantrum.

This may be a dumb question, but as former VEEP does Biden maintain his clearance he had during his time in office? If not, could Trump order the DoD to not process his clearance during the transition and delay what he's allowed to be briefed on? 

I'm sure they can push that through for a President-elect pretty much instantly, I just don't know anything about the process.

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

This may be a dumb question, but as former VEEP does Biden maintain his clearance he had during his time in office? If not, could Trump order the DoD to not process his clearance during the transition and delay what he's allowed to be briefed on? 

I'm sure they can push that through for a President-elect pretty much instantly, I just don't know anything about the process.

When Biden takes a piss test and pops positive for weed, blow, and PBR, will he still get clearance?

Edited by BradInATX

10 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I am almost certain he still has his security clearance (some fringe Bannon types wanted it pulled after the Hunter Biden allegations). 

8 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Texas has to be so proud of her newly reelected Senator:

Let’s not be silly. I think he’s just using that as an example that mistakes can be made and it’s ok to wait for the final result, not that there’s Trump votes in Puerto Rico. It’s still a dumb argument considering the scale of change required to alter the total election results, so fuck with him about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

He has no clearance, Clarence.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It doesn't matter.  This election is over, Over.

It's Captain Oveur, not 'Over'.....you insubordinate son of a bitch. 

You have the same working knowledge of the 1980's as someone who thinks Trump did a great job back then with the USFL. 

Edited by Lobo

32 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The president is the original classification authority.  Even if Biden didn’t maintain his clearance, the second he’s sworn in he has access to everything. He can also declassify anything he wants, which a lot of people are sweating with Trump’s lame duck period. Dude can royally fuck some stuff up and there is nothing anyone could do about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s not be silly. I think he’s just using that as an example that mistakes can be made and it’s ok to wait for the final result, not that there’s Trump votes in Puerto Rico. It’s still a dumb argument considering the scale of change required to alter the total election results, so fuck with him about that. 

I see it as support for PR Statehood.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah it's a tricky legal situation. But there are workarounds specifically because Article Two states that the state legislatures direct the manner by which electors are appointed. 

Agreed. To be clear, I think it's a legal plan, but I don't trust the current Court would agree. The Rs think the EC benefits them. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know it just narrowly passed but was non-binding- do Puerto Ricans even support statehood?  If they had another vote and a yes meant it happened, would the vote turn out the same?

I guess I should have elaborated.  No way in hell Cornyn supports PR Statehood, but the implication of his tweet is that he wants those Puerto Rico votes to count, but they can't count for President unless they get statehood.

PR is disenfranchised so let's do something about it.