Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

48 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Our fine men and women in uniform are really going to enjoy sitting at the border for a couple weeks waiting for the dreaded Brown Caravan of Doom to arrive. 

Weather should be nice!

Highs in the upper 70's / low 80's.

Lower 60's at night....

Posted this in the other thread but it bears repeating just how much of a stunt this is for the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/no-buses-for-now-weary-caravan-migrants-set-to-resume-march/2018/10/31/f6f89e5e-dd7d-11e8-8bac-bfe01fcdc3a6_story.html?utm_term=.59b597c1b1b0

Worn down by days of long walks, many migrants have dropped out and returned home or applied for protected status in Mexico.

The initial caravan has shrunk significantly from its estimated peak of more than 7,000 migrants. A caravan last the spring ultimately fizzled to just about 200 people who reached the U.S. border at San Diego.

Mexican Interior Secretary Alfonso Navarrete Prida said about 2,300 migrants have applied to stay in Mexico under a government plan, and hundreds more have accepted assisted repatriation.

• Like 1

The initial caravan has shrunk significantly from its estimated peak of more than 7,000 migrants. A caravan last the spring ultimately fizzled to just about 200 people who reached the U.S. border at San Diego.

This is what I don't understand. Not only has our national discourse become unbelievably stupid and vapid, but we have no memory.

We went through virtually the exact same hysteria last year, save for the deployment of 15K troops.

Sometimes I think the mission of the 15K troops will be to guard the detention centers from the media. I'm sure Trumps thinks the last go-around with this fiasco went swimmingly, if only the goddamn media hadn't insisted on reporting about it.

You ok with letting people in without following the rules?  They don't follow the law nor respect borders/fences:

Spoiler

AFP_1A56ON.jpg?w=620

migrants-break-gate.png?w=400&h=225&crop

181019153346-13-migrant-caravan-1019-cus

Tucun-Uman-oct-28-3.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS773US773&biw=1037&bih=479&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=z43bW_GrMYedkgXOrbmACQ&q=caravan+breaks+through+gates&oq=caravan+breaks+through+gates&gs_l=img.3...27129.28477..29236...0.0..0.164.1123.0j7......1....1..gws-wiz-img.PHKs4f9qfPk#imgdii=ZwTAr6NDZvJjGM:&imgrc=3Ay9JuGBDPmNUM:

Why would they follow the law here?  From these recent pictures, spoiler'd , it seems to be significantly filled with those of an unruly mob that won't let rules or borders stop them from seeking what they want(legal or not).

There needs to be a police force big enough to keep them under control once they arrive.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, zork said:

You ok with letting people in without following the rules?  They don't follow the law nor respect borders/fences:

Reveal hidden contents

AFP_1A56ON.jpg?w=620

Tucun-Uman-oct-28-3.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS773US773&biw=1037&bih=479&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=z43bW_GrMYedkgXOrbmACQ&q=caravan+breaks+through+gates&oq=caravan+breaks+through+gates&gs_l=img.3...27129.28477..29236...0.0..0.164.1123.0j7......1....1..gws-wiz-img.PHKs4f9qfPk#imgdii=ZwTAr6NDZvJjGM:&imgrc=3Ay9JuGBDPmNUM:

Why would they follow the law here?  From these recent pictures, spoiler'd , it seems to be significantly filled with those of an unruly mob that won't let rules or borders stop them from seeking what they want(legal or not).

There needs to be a police force big enough to keep them under control once they arrive.  

giant-yawn.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zork said:

Reveal hidden contents

AFP_1A56ON.jpg?w=620

Tucun-Uman-oct-28-3.jpg

2Wem.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zork said:

Reveal hidden contents

AFP_1A56ON.jpg?w=620

Tucun-Uman-oct-28-3.jpg

Swing and a miss

45 minutes ago, zork said:

Reveal hidden contents

AFP_1A56ON.jpg?w=620

Tucun-Uman-oct-28-3.jpg

Fuck off dumbass dipshit troll. Take it to texags or an equivalently stupid ass board where your crap is welcome. 

Edited by JimmyJames

1 hour ago, zork said:

Reveal hidden contents

AFP_1A56ON.jpg?w=620

Tucun-Uman-oct-28-3.jpg

Who makes US immigration rules?

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

Who makes US immigration rules?

The Federal government as a whole plays a part depending on what is happening specifically with the part of the immigration rules in particular.    That said it is typically the Legislative branch that creates the laws in coordination with the Executive branch and the Judicial rules later on if there is any law deemed invalid.  Of course the Executive is given powers to do immediate tweaks that can then be decided by the court system if they are legal or not if it is in question.

Seeing the pictures that I posted and all the rest at the link it is clear the caravan will not be persuaded to follow the law/rules unless there is a force big enough that they:

0203_authoritah1.jpg?quality=0.8

• Fuck You 1

Thing is the caravan will shrink due to attrition like it does every year.  But dotard will claim a great victory, because he had the foresight to send our military down there and that caused them to give up the invasion.  

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Dq8ZRPnWsAA3RGx.jpg:large

This needs to be front and center along with an anticipated schedule for the immigrants.

Alongside needs to be a daily counter of the additional expense of having the military camped out for something that won't happen for months.  

Maybe he will get them to start building a wall, or at least filling sandbags.   I wouldn't put it past him to have them mine the Rio Grande.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The caravan shouldn’t even be in the news unless it’s about the plight of the people fleeing.

And why the fuck they want to come to America, in spite of all the crap being flung at them, about them, they still want to start a new life here.   Those stories are being told, but the MSM is passing on them for the present. 

I guess there is more money in trump's lunacy under spotlight every day than talking about the real stories.   Trump is becoming a soap opera, and the MSM is feeding it to us.   Didn't you post that interview with Jon Stewart about Trump and MSM reporters battling over their own egos, not the real stories?     He has hurt their feelings and pride, so they want his blood.  They care more about that than the blood of others he sheds while they go after his. 

But even here we spend more time talking and reading about Trump and his antics than we do the things that are going on while we keep chasing the red herrings he throws out.   It intrigues us, it astounds us and it causes us to speculate a lot about how and when it ends.   It is easy to get caught up in.   I know you and others catch a lot of crap about posting twitter feeds and other links that bring up the actual fallout of Trump's actions.   I for one appreciate that, because there is so much out there, there's not enough time in my day to check everything.  This is a good clearinghouse for both sides.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Looks like I am going to have to bust out my bring the troops home button.

B315_BringOurTroopsHome.png

I pray these brave soldiers stay safe.  I hope they live through this and  be able to someday regale their kids and grandkids of the time they were sent to the border to protect this great nation from a few dozen teenagers and mothers hurtling rocks and sticks from across the Rio Grande.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I pray these brave soldiers stay safe.  I hope they live through this and  be able to someday regale their kids and grandkids of the time they were sent to the border to protect this great nation from a few dozen teenagers and mothers hurtling rocks and sticks from across the Rio Grande.

My guess is the soldiers are embarrassed about it but cant really do anything about it. Sucks for them. 

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

For Hugo.

I for one will be glad when this spineless cocksucking shitheel will be denied access to a  public platform from which he can spew his mundane ineptitude to the world. 

Edited by Stilicho
Multi-posting is fake news.
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, retread said:

This whole thing is a great interview.   I will accept his bothsiderism, because he is right.  He speaks of the weaknesses of both sides towards this issue and how they need to work together to build a better immigration policy.   I am not sure where you draw the line between "bothsiding" and being introspective and willing to accept no one is perfect.  He is right on many things.  And both sides have things to account for. 

Edited by pyrohornIII
added to rebutt anastasis both sides comment.
  • Like 1

This whole thing is a great interview.   I will accept his bothsiderism, because he is right.  He speaks of the weaknesses of both sides towards this issue and how they need to work together to build a better immigration policy.   I am not sure where you draw the line between "bothsiding" and being introspective and willing to accept no one is perfect.  He is right on many things.  And both sides have things to account for. 

Immigration is one of those issues I’ll definitely “both sides.” They both had their chance to do something meaningful, but they played the issue for votes instead of solution. The last politician of any power who had a decent and reasonable approach to immigration? Stick with me here....it was GWB.

And he got crushed for it (and then he later gave people many other reasons to crush him).
  • Like 6