The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

The shitty part is that nothing else matters to anyone right now and the media is going to only serve us what we want to consume.  Hell even on this board which is a pretty smart corner of the Internet, Trump’s covid-19 battle is pretty much all we can talk about right now, a fact which I’m as guilty of as anyone.  Compared to last Thursday, there is not near the scrutiny on election interference/voter suppression, the President’s televised orders to white supremacists and his otherwise horrific performance in the first debate.  So we have no visibility into what’s going on around us in the stands.

The only thing I feel certain of is that what we’ve witnessed since Friday is an orchestrated manipulation by Trump and/or his team.  To what exact end I can’t fathom, but I’m sure it’s not to the benefit of most Americans.  Whether it’s all bullshit, the execution of a contingency if Trump ever caught covid-19 or just theatrical improv is immaterial.

Trump's ability to lay down cover fire is unparalleled. Sometimes its intentional. Other times it isnt. I'm pretty sure he really has covid. I'm also pretty sure his team is going to try to steal the election. Even his support of white supremacy was cover fire for that.

The GOP will do the same thing it always does to disenfranchise. Minority precincts in GOP controlled states will have fewer polling locations and will have "technical problems" at their polling locations. Voters with minority sounding last names will find themselves magically deregistered. These things suck, but we are accustomed to them. 

But Trump is also going to try to defraud the mail-in ballot system. Whenever Trump repeatedly accuses Dems of doing something, he has been shown to be doing it himself instead. I dont think this is any different. His team is going to send in fraudulent ballots for registered voters that don't normally vote. And if we don't catch them doing it, Trump will win. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 1

Most of those are long-term consequences of corticosteroid use, not really all in play in this situation. Short term burst of steroids, reduce dose and wean over a relatively short time frame is typically fine. Some would argue that a wean may not even be necessary with very short course of treatment, but it's still prudent. People get steroids shots all the time here in Central Texas for allergies, or a dose pack. Short term side effects have been discussed, increased appetite, irritability, glucose dysregulation, increased energy, mental status changes in some situations...Many of those side effects in that figure require months if not years of exposure to really manifest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

Most of those are long-term consequences of corticosteroid use, not really all in play in this situation. Short term burst of steroids, reduce dose and wean over a relatively short time frame is typically fine. Some would argue that a wean may not even be necessary with very short course of treatment, but it's still prudent. People get steroids shots all the time here in Central Texas for allergies, or a dose pack. Short term side effects have been discussed, increased appetite, irritability, glucose dysregulation, increased energy, mental status changes in some situations...Many of those side effects in that figure require months if not years of exposure to really manifest. 

And horrible room-clearing farts if the experience with the dog that gets steroids is any indication.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

While I certainly hope nobody dies, that would be some difficult spin if Trump's White House literally kills a military officer.

It will just be proof that compared to the Superman, God among men that it Donald J. Trump, soldiers and generals and shit are pussies and losers.  Do you even speak MAGA, bro?

• Hook 'Em 1

So, Trump is going to address the nation; maybe today, or soon.  Because he's a "survivor".

Karma really, really needs to step up here.

THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering having President DONALD TRUMP address the nation. He returned from the White House on Monday night after a weekend at Walter Reed. NYT's Maggie Haberman had this as well

ALYSSA FARAH -- the White House comms director -- suggested to White House reporters that we will “hear from” TRUMP “at some point today.”

-- FARAH on FOX NEWS this morning, about whether TRUMP will attend the next debate: “He’s looking forward to it. He is ready and I think he’s going to go in with an even new mindset on the coronavirus. He’s firsthand lost friends to this, he’s grieved with Americans, but now he himself is coming as a survivor and I think you’re going to hear that in his debate.”

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

While I certainly hope nobody dies, that would be some difficult spin if Trump's White House literally kills a military officer.

Ah, I think they'd spin it fairly easily: "A military officer is the latest casualty in our war against China's virus."

Spin doesn't seem to need to be airtight. Or even mostly non-porous. A sleight-of-hand that nudges people towards a different framing of the issue (anti-China sentiment) is enough to keep the rubes distracted.

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Anyone else hoping for that second week bump back of covid to send the arrogant prick back to Walter reed?  Not looking for death but maybe admit it’s not just the flu..  

he will not go back to the hospital if he is breathing or consciously able to make any decisions. the only way he goes back is on a stretcher, on oxygen, while he fades in and out of consciousness. 

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Anyone else hoping for that second week bump back of covid to send the arrogant prick back to Walter reed?  Not looking for death but maybe admit it’s not just the flu..  

He will never go back to WR - he's dying in the WH or has what he needs moved there to where he can stay put and get through it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Todd Gack said:

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it necessary to wean off if they are helping (I assume they are helping) his condition.  Or at least helping deal with discomfort.  And how many days is the typical weaning period?

Because long term side affects are very serious. Weaning timeline is dependent on his dose etc.  We don’t know any of that.  We do know he has Corticosteroid induced mania.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Yeah the trumper crew I know has all turned on Drudge.  It’s pretty funny.  I really like him as an aggregator but I have a good bullshit detector .

Drudge has always been about the clicks. Apparently nowadays you get more by dunking on trump than singing his praises. I wonder why that would be? Oh yeah, tons of people absolutely hate trump’s guts. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Because long term side affects are very serious. Weaning timeline is dependent on his dose etc.  We don’t know any of that.  We do know he has Corticosteroid induced mania.  

That shit can fuck with you. I remember thinking that I'd never be normal again. After a couple weeks off of it I checked my search history and during one day I had searched prednisone side effects over 300 times ....ONE DAY! I'm not generally a hypochondriac either as it my first Dr visit in over a decade, but that shit had me like I was one of those loons that goes to the hospital every 5 minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, Trump is going to address the nation; maybe today, or soon.  Because he's a "survivor".

A major award! Too bad his generals are isolating....sad.

16 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Man, what a difference a week makes.

What about a year?

One year ago this week:

Federal judge dismissed Trump's lawsuit to block Vance from gaining access to his taxes.

Gordon Sondland was subpoenaed but refusing to appear before the Intelligence Committee. Volker had already given his deposition the week before and then met with Rudy to get the stories straight.

Lev Parnas was supposed to appear before three committees (Intel, Foreign, Oversight) to discuss his role in the Ukrainian affair.

Arguments were scheduled for the Judiciary Committee concerning the Mueller Report.

Marie Yovanovitch gave a deposition to the committees listed above.

Seems like a decade ago doesn't it?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Mistyped --it was a week not a day

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

That shit can fuck with you. I remember thinking that I'd never be normal again. After a couple weeks off of it I checked my search history and during one day I had searched prednisone side effects over 300 times ....ONE DAY! I'm not generally a hypochondriac either as it my first Dr visit in over a decade, but that shit had me like I was one of those loons that goes to the hospital every 5 minutes. 

I knew a dude who was on prednisone for some kind of inflammatory disease. He was a different guy while on the meds. The manic behavior was such a clear side effect that we immediately caught him when he later self-medicated with some leftover pills he had stashed. 

7 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I knew a dude who was on prednisone for some kind of inflammatory disease. He was a different guy while on the meds. The manic behavior was such a clear side effect that we immediately caught him when he later self-medicated with some leftover pills he had stashed. 

I've taken prednisone a bunch.  Have never had a manic episode, but that shit does make it impossible to sleep.

51 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It will prove that Trump does know more than the generals and he's tougher than they are.

23 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I've had to go on it at relatively high doses a few times for Crohn's disease, and it really is like going from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde and getting stuck there -- especially when I'd start to have to taper off it.

When I'd be on it I'd go from essentially bed ridden for a week or more to within 24 to 48 hours of starting pred able to actually work out and go for runs, even with the steroid induced insomnia; so I have no doubt Trump probably does feel better than he has in decades. But once he comes off it...

Edited by ultimaton
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Except that press release clearly states the company uses BOTH human hematopoietic stem cells AND human embryonic stem cells (for limited research).   Was it directly used for regn-cov2? Unclear, but the company admits to using both.

The problem isn't so much the stem cell issue as Lieu calls the Company a drug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

Ah, Trump didn’t leave early just because he’s a sensitive PR douche. He was forced out so all of his doctors would be free to take care of the wave of gov’t VIPs that are about to pour into Water Reed. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

our entire Joint Chiefs of Staff are in quarantine. how is our government not checking Trump at this point? he is, again, a national security risk. he could literally kill the entire federal government.

[Tinfoil] This is probably what Putin had in mind for him all along. [/hat] 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

I've had to go on it at relatively high doses a few times for Crohn's disease, and it really is like going from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde and getting stuck there -- especially when I'd start to have to taper off it.

When I'd be on it is I'd go from essentially bed ridden for a week or more to within 24 to 48 hours of starting pred able to actually work out and go for runs, even with the steroid induced insomnia; so I have no doubt Trump probably does feel better than he has in decades. But once he comes off it...

Maybe he'll just demand to stay on it.

Yeah, prednisone is nasty shit; had a course of it for Meniere's disease. Broke a lot of stuff over that two weeks; not proud of it.

The shit Dotard is taking is reportedly much stronger, and he's taking high doses. He's a rage-filled maniac under the best of circumstances; gotta be totally out of control now.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Karma really, really needs to step up here.

Is anyone else looking forward to Trump playing the “if you die from COVID you’re a bitch” card during the debate?  

I've been off and on Surly today. I know they mentioned earlier it was an aide. Did not realize it was this particular aide. Sorry if it has. Just don't let Jared hold it. He has no receiver skills at all.

Has this been discussed?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

18 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

When I'd be on it I'd go from essentially bed ridden for a week or more to within 24 to 48 hours of starting pred able to actually work out and go for runs, even with the steroid induced insomnia; so I have no doubt Trump probably does feel better than he has in decades. But once he comes off it...

I mean, what stops his doctors from just weaning him super fucking slowly over the course of weeks? It doesn't sound like there's too much of a short term risk for keeping him on steroids per previous posts. 

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread