Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

I might dislike Rig12 Refs and league office MORE than I dislike the Sooners.  That says a lot, given my extreme disdain for the state of Oklahoma in general, and hatred for Toby Keith music.

I cannot separate the two as OU is the primary beneficiary. That’s not just against us either.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Pato, the most glaring was the pick the flag up on DMO getting held. Awful.

2021 OU was unreal the number of breaks that had to go OUs way. Brooks long run had a hold at the point of attack. Game winner the same. The out of bounds catch that allowed OU to score their first TD. It was a great catch and throw - just shouldn’t have counted. That Mims catch was incredible. And completely fortunate as compared to Washington’s. Inches. The failure to slow down a potential fumble and recovery.

• Hook 'Em 2

There is no way Stoops was out of bounds before the contact though.

There’s also no guarantee OU scores. Or that OSU doesn’t score.

Quit feeling sorry for this cheating ass program. 2021 was a screw job. 2008 they held their ass off en route to a national championship appearance. 2018 they got the critical calls in the Big 12 championship game. Took back a Tyrone Swoopes 60+ yard run on a run of the mill hold call. The Beuchele interception that our dude simultaneously caught. I only remember ever seeing one Olineman horse collar a LB. OU versus KSu. Non call interference when playing ISU that ended the game on that play in 2019. The tackle of the KU defender in 2021 on the game saving play. Whatever year it was their C fake snapped on a FG attempt to draw us offside. The refs gave them a 1st down. Their flopping punters. The Austin English horseshit. The Ceedee Lamb flop the Kenneth Murray getting off Scott free with helmet to chin on Sam. The Downs bs this year. The clock stoppage this year after the Bowman injury. Stoops, Kelvin Sampson bitched like no others while generally being the beneficiary of the better treatment. At this point, I’m not sure there are enough calls to offset the years of the bs they’ve received.

It was just a month ago they got the better treatment. To hell with them.

Apparently Had Enough had ChatGPT analyze our OU game threads
  • Haha 1

Because I hate Big 12 refs and have too much time on my hands I decided to look at the data for this year’s conference games and try to figure out whether there is any validity to the idea that games are called different against us. I looked only at the teams that we have played so far (Kansas, OU, KSU, BYU, Baylor, Houston). Here is what I found:
Games not against Texas
——
Average penalties: 5.4
Average penalty yards: 48.9
Average opponent penalties: 5.4
Average opponent penalty yards: 45.9

Against Texas
——
Average penalties: 3.7
Average penalty yards: 26.0
Average opponent penalties: 6.2
Average opponent penalty yards: 48.5

Conclusions
——
Against Texas, an opponent can expect to be called for ~2 fewer penalties and ~26 fewer penalty yards than their average in Big 12 play. They can expect their opponent (Texas) to be called for ~1 additional penalty and ~3 additional penalty yards than average.
Officiating crews are, statistically speaking, having a much greater effect by failing to call penalties against our opponents than by calling extra penalties against us. This is consistent with the examination of holding / PI calls posted earlier in the thread.

The difference likely being the more common subjective penalties (holding on either side and or pass interference)

The Rig 12 may slack off on overtly fucking us for the next three games.  We win out and go to the conference championship game.  Our opponent should be Okie Lite since they will likely win out too.  Rig 12 can then go full on 2015 Boone Pickens level fuckery to make sure the left behind wins it all.  They get massive ratings on the broadcast while screwing us out of a title and a chance at the CFP all at the same time.  Yormack and Kevin Mar have wet panties wet just dreaming of that scenario.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Soliver465 said:

It's crazy that the best officiated UT game this year was against Alabama in Tuscaloosa. 

I fully expected us to get the Homer treatment from the Refs when we played at Tuscaloosa.  I’ve seen too many non conference games in the SEC where their Refs make sure their teams get the right calls, especially in the cupcake / paycheck games.   So for us to get more of  a fair shake against Bama with their conference Refs vs the screw jobs  we get from the Rig 12 Refs almost weekly and certainly last year against Bama in Austin was a pleasant surprise.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The difference likely being the more common subjective penalties (holding on either side and or pass interference)

Unfortunately, it’s hard to quantify the timing of the calls and no calls too. Like last year in the OSU game when Ewers scrambled for a first down when we were driving to win and that fuck stick mar decided to call Banks for holding on a ticky tack call that effectively killed the drive or in the OU game this year when we are trying to score from the 1 yard line and they decide to ignore the face mask on worthy. Not all called penalties or lack there of are created equally.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Unfortunately, it’s hard to quantify the timing of the calls and no calls too. Like last year in the OSU game when Ewers scrambled for a first down when we were driving to win and that fuck stick mar decided to call Banks for holding on a ticky tack call that effectively killed the drive or in the OU game this year when we are trying to score from the 1 yard line and they decide to ignore the face mask on worthy. Not all called penalties or lack there of are created equally.

Correction- on the Ewers scramble , they called Jones for holding. Replay showed it was a clean pancake. I suspect the line judge saw Ewers running free and looked for someone to flag, and saw Jones driving his man, cleanly, to the ground. The line judge wanted to see holding, and he found what he was looking for. 

Edited by statsman
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Correction- on the Ewers scramble , they called Jones for holding. Replay showed it was a clean pancake. I suspect the line judge saw Ewers running free and looked for someone to flag, and saw Jones driving his man, cleanly, to the ground. The line judge wanted to see holding, and he found what he was looking for. 

They were "under the hood" for over 5 minutes looking for a way to give KSU ball that Ford clearly recovered, but they couldn't find it.  Also noted that the original call on the field was to give possession to KSU even though Ford came out of the pile with the ball.  Seems like that might be a spot for a review without having to call a time out.  IOW, yeah those fuckers were looking to screw us...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I did miss it, when the review was over, did we get the TO back, or was it gone?  I didn't really hear much during the play / review process, I was under the impression it was called down for review.

They didn’t take it off the board on the broadcast. I figured they buzzed down because Sark was going crazy on the sideline.

17 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I did miss it, when the review was over, did we get the TO back, or was it gone?  I didn't really hear much during the play / review process, I was under the impression it was called down for review.

Yes, we got the TO back. Sark had to use a TO and request the review because it didn't come from the booth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Mar's reaction to that play is more telling than anything else that happened.   We were signaling our ball and he angrily yelled "No" 'No".  An unbiased official just doesn't react or neutrally references the down (knowing that if a close play replay should review it).  But this fucker assertively, and angrily, made clear he was not even going to consider it could have been a fumble with the confidence that it's not even in the realm of a play that should be reviewed.  Then Sark initially had to call a TO just to get the call reviewed.  Seriously.  Fuck that guy.   He's an absolute piece of shit.

We got it back.  But Sark absolutely had to call it to get a review initiated.

That was one of, of not the most unprofessional, childish, and biased things I've ever seen a football official do in my life at any level.  The top 3 would all be Big 12 guys then it would skip down to pee wee football refs. 

I'm a little surprised we got the review even after calling the timeout, and despite how obvious the correct call was, i was shocked we got the call.  The longer he looked at it the more certain I was we were getting fucked a la Alabama last year. I know a guy that officiates for a D2 conference and he's convinced there was a phone call made during that review basically saying "I don't care what you see, this is what you're calling it" 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Because I hate Big 12 refs and have too much time on my hands I decided to look at the data for this year’s conference games and try to figure out whether there is any validity to the idea that games are called different against us. I looked only at the teams that we have played so far (Kansas, OU, KSU, BYU, Baylor, Houston). Here is what I found:

Games not against Texas

——

Average penalties: 5.4

Average penalty yards: 48.9

Average opponent penalties: 5.4

Average opponent penalty yards: 45.9

Against Texas

——

Average penalties: 3.7

Average penalty yards: 26.0

Average opponent penalties: 6.2

Average opponent penalty yards: 48.5

Conclusions

——

Against Texas, an opponent can expect to be called for ~2 fewer penalties and ~26 fewer penalty yards than their average in Big 12 play. They can expect their opponent (Texas) to be called for ~1 additional penalty and ~3 additional penalty yards than average.

Officiating crews are, statistically speaking, having a much greater effect by failing to call penalties against our opponents than by calling extra penalties against us. This is consistent with the examination of holding / PI calls posted earlier in the thread.

Me too, but I ran numbers a little different,

3 Non-Conference games Texas avg. 5 @ 40/gm. Opponent for those 3 games had 6 @ 48/gm. Bama screwed the average though as they had 10 penalties for 90 yds.

The 6 conference games Texas avg. 6.2 @ 53/gm.  Opponent for those 6 games had 3.7 @ 26. The averages start diverging after the Kansas game.

Okla game 4/30   Tx 9/70

Hous game 1/15   Tx 6/60

BYU game   3/20  Tx 6/40

Kan St. game 7/50  Tx 10/67

I'll try and update Sundays after next 3 games.

While I was at it...Home avg. attendence = 101,459 through 5 games, and some rough hot weather.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Can’t believe I’m siding with a Stoops, but the reason he stepped out was because he was being mugged and pulled OOB.

This is just before his right foot came down, but the PI started a full step earlier.

IMG-9873.jpg

There is zero non comical argument to be made that Stoops wasn’t blatantly interfered with on that play.  Anyone debating that it was a clean play is simply not anyone to take seriously.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2