Take the L, Pussy (Documenting the Coup Until Trump Concedes)

Firemans4Horn

15 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

5038d4f929d742d3fc94d1dbf1cd714a.gif

Dude. Surly. You said you told your kid to scream on the plane because you were butt hurt at the stares. Hint: your kid screaming on the plane is not just heard by the meanie stare-y people.

The seat back thing is a Shaggy/Surly meme. Because I could not find a way to work in bike riders.

I had a kid have a tantrum AT THE AIRPORT (most people probably correctly interpreted that as the gate/terminal ) when a Kluster of Karens started to gather around him and stare at the kid and us.  People whom had zero business getting involved started making it worse for their own amusement.  They were not sitting in seats and ignoring me.  They actively got up and came closer (yes, boarding was to begin in under 20 minutes, but at the risk of writing an essay describing every detail, rest assure it was not a factor nor was our tantrum spot).  It was very weird, unusual,  and inappropriate. So yes, I, the stressed out Dad, asked the Karens if they were entertained.  That did not get them to back off.  It was when I verbally threatened to no one in particular that I was going to invite the kid to scream on the plane that got them to disperse a little.  They didn't give a shit about me, or the kid.  They were not there to help.  I had to threaten their comfort for them to give me space to calm down a toddler.  So yeah, they were the busybodies, and they were the asshole.  I responded appropriately in the only way available to me at the moment, to get those idiots to move away and to let me deal with my kid in peace.   

The only other time the kid had a public meltdown was at the Bunker Hill HEB in Houston.   I calmly let the kid laydown and cry.  Older ladies and other parents offered me a knowing smile, a kind word, or a pat on the hand and 5 minutes later the kid calmed down and we resumed shopping. 

So yes, I am a shitty parent.  But you, who levies an insult at a kid is fine in your fucked up world.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I had a kid have a tantrum AT THE AIRPORT (most people probably correctly interpreted that as the gate/terminal ) when a Kluster of Karens started to gather around him and stare at the kid and us.  People whom had zero business getting involved started making it worse for their own amusement.  They were not sitting in seats and ignoring me.  They actively got up and came closer (yes, boarding was to begin in under 20 minutes, but at the risk of writing an essay describing every detail, rest assure it was not a factor nor was our tantrum spot).  It was very weird, unusual,  and inappropriate. So yes, I, the stressed out Dad, asked the Karens if they were entertained.  That did not get them to back off.  It was when I verbally threatened to no one in particular that I was going to invite the kid to scream on the plane that got them to disperse a little.  They didn't give a shit about me, or the kid.  They were not there to help.  I had to threaten their comfort for them to give me space to calm down a toddler.  So yeah, they were the busybodies, and they were the asshole.  I responded appropriately in the only way available to me at the moment, to get those idiots to move away and to let me deal with my kid in peace.   

The only other time the kid had a public meltdown was at the Bunker Hill HEB in Houston.   I calmly let the kid laydown and cry.  Older ladies and other parents offered me a knowing smile, a kind word, or a pat on the hand and 5 minutes later the kid calmed down and we resumed shopping. 

So yes, I am a shitty parent.  But you, who levies an insult at a kid is fine in your fucked up world. 

Look man, I'm not going to enter this fray other than to make this comment.  You understand your child better than most, but the idea that every adult who is indeed affected by your child's conduct is going to sit by and let you handle it when by your own admission the child was out of control is a bit much.

I'll admit that I am calmer at a grocery store than I am at an airport, and calmer still walking the dog in my neighborhood, but if I see a kid having a "meltdown" I might go to see what is happening.  That will normally involve me supporting the parent and asking the parent if all is well, but it might involve me getting more involved if I think the parent is doing something wrong. 

There is a super high chance I am getting the situation wrong, but that's to be expected.  I'd expect the same thing if I saw a bar fight.  I'm not getting the whole picture.  And I am less inclined to get the picture right in an airport or at a bar.

Netted out, I have no doubt you handled the situation in a way that was best for your child.  What I don't necessarily agree with is that you have complete license to judge all the other adults who responded to the situation. You're nerved were frayed, too.

I applaud you for reminding us that we should all have one single expectation of a child's behavior in all situations, and some parents have more challenges than others.  I need to be reminded of that.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is the kind of stuff our government is going to have to step in on and put a stop to. This is blatant propaganda and is misleading millions of people into not believing what they have seen transpire. Fox should have to pay a monetary penalty that bankrupts them for what they are continuing to do with stuff like this even being allowed to air.

• Hook 'Em 1

The legitimacy of the platform matters. There are levels, and the higher it goes, the more people will believe it. There needs to be some kind of regulation 

Hearing a bum on the corner scream the election is rigged and to drink bleach - 0% believe this person 

Hearing your crazy uncle say the election is rigged and to drink bleach - looks like old uncle got into the bourbon again and forgot to take his meds. Less than .01% believe the crazy uncle 

Hearing Alex Jones say it - most people ignore it but some people want conspiracies and batshit crazy stuff to be real and will eat it up. 3% fringe believe this crazy shit 

Reading an article on Breirbart written in those same fancy words they use on NBC and displayed in the same article type format - more people start to believe it. They can share the link. It’s a news source, right. I’m sure they totally fact checked it and have no bad motive. The bottom 15-20% will believe it 

Hearing Fox News say the election is rigged and to drink Bleach - 45% will believe whatever they say. They are a major news outlet. They are supposed to have standards and shit. They’re not allowed to lie, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Thanks for the info you offer, I will learn about those particulars. 

Of course, I wrote that viewing Biden as a tyrant might be the motivation. A not surprising conclusion among those who believe Biden stole the election. A narrative that continues to be repeated, unless I missed something.

<edit>Thanks again, I hadn’t taken the time to learn that people vote for electors when they vote for President. That does reassure me, and I am grateful to you for that.

It’s almost as if the GOP’s war on education was on purpose. We learned this stuff in 9th grade civics back in the day. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

There has to be some sort of regulation on this propaganda media. I understand there is free speech, but having 70 million Americans being feed pure lies is dangerous to democracy. There has to be some kind of restriction. 

I personally hold the cable companies accountable here. They need to deplatform OANN and Newsmax like yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It’s almost as if the GOP’s war on education was on purpose. We learned this stuff in 9th grade civics back in the day. 

I wouldn’t put my ignorance on the school, as memory failure, or slipshod retention, or disinterest is more likely the cause.

Still, Jesuits! A bunch of sizzling nothingberders, if you ask me.

19 hours ago, Rimbo said:

You gotta go to Michael Moore, who I despise, but he had his ear to the ground on this back in early Spring of 2016 and knew what was up. When Bill Clinton became president, he not only failed to reverse NAFTA

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work there, Lou. Who passed NAFTA again? And how does that make Hillary terrible?

• Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work there, Lou. Who passed NAFTA again? And how does that make Hillary terrible?

NAFTA was signed into law by Bill Clinton in 1993.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/08/clinton-signs-nafta-into-law-dec-8-1993-1040789

THAT TOOK ME ALL OF FIVE SECONDS TO GOOGLE

Edited by Rimbo
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Queen Bitch said:

I personally hold the cable companies accountable here. They need to deplatform OANN and Newsmax like yesterday.

spewsmax roaring back isn't something i had on my bingo card.  how's world nut daily doing?

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s a news source, right. I’m sure they totally fact checked it and have no bad motive. The bottom 15-20% will believe it 

Hearing Fox News say the election is rigged and to drink Bleach - 45% will believe whatever they say. They are a major news outlet. They are supposed to have standards and shit. They’re not allowed to lie, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

There has to be some sort of regulation on this propaganda media. I understand there is free speech, but having 70 million Americans being feed pure lies is dangerous to democracy. There has to be some kind of restriction. 

Do you really want Ajit Pai to have that kind of power?

17 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

NAFTA was signed into law by Bill Clinton in 1993.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/08/clinton-signs-nafta-into-law-dec-8-1993-1040789

THAT TOOK ME ALL OF FIVE SECONDS TO GOOGLE

You said that when Bill Clinton took office he failed to reverse NAFTA, dumbass.

Never mind how that has nothing to do with Hillary. 

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You said that when Bill Clinton took office he failed to reverse NAFTA, dumbass.

It had already been negotiated and submitted for ratification prior to his inauguration. Strange thing to get bent out of shape over.

OK. Cool. Hook ‘Em.

12 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Cool. Judge Jeanie can swear him in as “King” on a dr. Seuss book outside Comet Pizza and John Roberts will be there for Biden at the WH. 

Not a chance he’s in DC for inauguration. Probably going to Mar A Lago for Christmas and never coming back. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Cool. Judge Jeanie can swear him in as “King” on a dr. Seuss book outside Comet Pizza and John Roberts will be there for Biden at the WH. 

Not a chance he’s in DC for inauguration. Probably going to Mar A Lago for Christmas and never coming back. 

That's exactly what my mother says.

But shouldn't it be more like Russia or some other country that does not have an extradition treaty with the US?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The process to draft and sign NAFTA began with Reagan. This fact, again, took me all of one minute to find out.

Maybe instead of embarrassing yourself with facts that are easily found through quick searches, you should stop talking nonsense about things you know nothing about.

Stop being an ignorant, uneducated dipshit.

4 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Look man, I'm not going to enter this fray other than to make this comment.  You understand your child better than most, but the idea that every adult who is indeed affected by your child's conduct is going to sit by and let you handle it when by your own admission the child was out of control is a bit much.

I'll admit that I am calmer at a grocery store than I am at an airport, and calmer still walking the dog in my neighborhood, but if I see a kid having a "meltdown" I might go to see what is happening.  That will normally involve me supporting the parent and asking the parent if all is well, but it might involve me getting more involved if I think the parent is doing something wrong. 

There is a super high chance I am getting the situation wrong, but that's to be expected.  I'd expect the same thing if I saw a bar fight.  I'm not getting the whole picture.  And I am less inclined to get the picture right in an airport or at a bar.

Netted out, I have no doubt you handled the situation in a way that was best for your child.  What I don't necessarily agree with is that you have complete license to judge all the other adults who responded to the situation. You're nerved were frayed, too.

I applaud you for reminding us that we should all have one single expectation of a child's behavior in all situations, and some parents have more challenges than others.  I need to be reminded of that.

Look, I appreciate that when you see something happening it is worth a look or a supportive gesture.  I have done the same.  I have also intervened when I saw a man whom has been stabbed and I, along with other guys,  just stepped in to help where we could as the suffering man was going into shock.    But this was more akin to stopping on the side of the street and taking photos of a car accident than it was about stopping abuse or offering to help a person.     

The last part is very true.  We all need exposure to develop a sense of community and understanding, but reason can help us out with the latter if only we bother to take the time and not be reactive.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I think that’s approaching a certainty. Will it have an actual legal effect? No. Will it cause half of the country to unite behind a “shadow government,” with all the chaos that entails? Yep.

If he does this, he should immediately be charged with treason, receive a quick trial and be hung by Valentines Day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

How would an alternate inauguration work? Who swears him in, Don Jr.? And then when it's over he gets in his car and drives to... someplace that isn't the White House?

It’s sorta like when you throw your kid a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party.

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Half?

Rounding up slightly.   Current popular vote totals are 51% to 47%.

So, yes, around half of our country is utter fuckheads.  Maybe some of those 47% aren't -- but the burden of proof of non-fuckheadery is on them, and until they do, presume full-on fuckheadery.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, yes, around half of our country is utter fuckheads.  Maybe some of those 47% aren't -- but the burden of proof of non-fuckheadery is on them, and until they do, presume full-on fuckheadery.

35% of Americans identify as republicans. 40% of republicans believe the election is rigged. Nowhere near half of the country will back an attempted coup by Trump 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

35% of Americans identify as republicans. 40% of republicans believe the election is rigged. Nowhere near half of the country will back an attempted coup by Trump 

You are both rounding up massively. Turnout was slightly up nationwide but still in the low 70s. 

47% of 72 is less than 34%. So yeah 1/3 of America is "Republican". And nowhere near 40% think it's rigged, from all the data at best it's 20% and that's rounding up. That's less than 7% of Americans that would be anywhere near "backing an attempted coup" 

There is something significantly wrong with roughly 1/3 of America though. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Remember when republicans stood up to trump and told him to stop fucking up?

They had their opportunity at the impeachment to do the right thing and they rigged the senate ‘trial’. They would have even got their own guy in there and they choose not to do so.
  • Hook 'Em 1