Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

"Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit."

This is like someone saying, "Yes, that 13 year old girl was brutally gang raped but now she has a beautiful baby and a monthly welfare check."

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Also, saw a band called Curl on Saturday night indoors at Mohawk.  So absurdly loud.  I imagine Die Spitz is a similar experience in that tiny room.

Inside?  Yeah, a little loud, but they really don't bring it as much as you might think.  Pretty small kit and guitar amps.  The sound guy can mostly keep it all under control.

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

team double down 

Such an unbelievably vapid and inch deep way of offering examples of the resiliency of the enslaved. If that was truly the objective there are a myriad of stories to use as narrative devices, not this laughable "John Henry was a blacksmith therefore he was not a victim" even though he couldn't monetize that blacksmithing skill in any way whatsoever nor did he have any autonomy in exercising said skill. And another thing, can we talk about this childish bastardization of the concept of victimhood and this incessant need to not refer to actual victims of atrocities, as victims. Where is the virtue in this?

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s actually some of the most perverse shit you’ll see. It’s not my place as a white person to say “but they were resilient.” It’s my place to say “holy shit slavery in America is the worst of the worst of our sins and it was my ancestors collectively that did it.” If black folk want to talk about the resiliency of their enslaved ancestors and the richness of their culture despite what my people did, the I’ll gladly shut up and listen. But the only thing I have room and space to say is “holy fuck we were wrong and it was an evil white institution that never should have been brought here and should have been eradicated the moment the Declaration of Independence was signed.”Jesus Christ.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Brief tangent:  look at this FOX News chyron.  "Kamala".  Never before do I recall any media outlets referring to VPOTUS by their first name.  I'm not sure if it's because she's not white or if it's because she's not male -- probably both.  It's intentionally diminishing.

image.png.1855197295f79924480d351096bf7532.png

"Kamala" is an ethnic name so high lighting it is a dog whistle to their racist audience.  Same reason they referred to Obama by his full name, with special emphasis on 'Hussein'.  Then when someone points out that is unusually to call a VP by their first name or a POTUS by their entire name, they can just smirk and say "Well it's their name isn't it?".   Just the stupid little games they play to get the dog whistle out with adequate deniability. 

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Brief tangent:  look at this FOX News chyron.  "Kamala".  Never before do I recall any media outlets referring to VPOTUS by their first name.  I'm not sure if it's because she's not white or if it's because she's not male -- probably both.  It's intentionally diminishing.
image.png.1855197295f79924480d351096bf7532.png

It’s about race and othering because her name “sounds weird and foreign”.

They used “Clinton” for Hillary Clinton when she was SoS and the Democratic nominee.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 4:32 PM, TexasEd said:

This is like someone saying, "Yes, that 13 year old girl was brutally gang raped but now she has a beautiful baby and a monthly welfare check."

“If her mama wasn’t forced as a young girl to have sex with the overseer, she never would’ve been to an Octoroon Ball in New Awlins”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus.  I find 98 F to be plenty hot if not too hot, and that's for a fucking bath.  The OCEAN?

Sure, sure.

Our great grandchildren will laugh and laugh as they comb the beach for carrion at night when they are told there used to be a thing called “hypothermia”. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' 2024 campaign fired an aide this week who secretly created and shared a pro-DeSantis video that featured the candidate at the center of a Sonnenrad, an ancient symbol appropriated by the Nazis and still used by some white supremacists."

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/25/desantis-campaign-video-nazi-symbol-sonnenrad

9 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I can see why the insurance companies are getting the fuck out of town as fast as they can.  Should be an interesting next couple of months coming up.

Especially since they ran off all of the immigrant construction workers.  Good luck getting anything rebuilt.

Can't wait for them to blame the Democrats but they'll find a way.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Especially since they ran off all of the immigrant construction workers.  Good luck getting anything rebuilt.

Can't wait for them to blame the Democrats but they'll find a way.

I don't know where we are on the hurricane alphabetical naming system, but it would be great if the next powerful hurricane to hit Florida was named Joseph.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

Florida will soon learn the mistake of letting your governor follow every wrong intuition in an attempt to strongly appeal to 45% of the national population. While not identical to the lessons that Kansas learned, Florida will be suffering in about 3 years. Even more than now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, elfenix said:

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' 2024 campaign fired an aide this week who secretly created and shared a pro-DeSantis video that featured the candidate at the center of a Sonnenrad, an ancient symbol appropriated by the Nazis and still used by some white supremacists."

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/25/desantis-campaign-video-nazi-symbol-sonnenrad

One way we can fight Nazis is to drop all the whoop-de-doo Kraut talk, and just call it a sun wheel.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We are getting our roof redone tomorrow morning by gentlemen from all over Central America. They're supposed to be in and out fast before the oven really heats up, and I hate to distract dudes working 30' up, but I wonder how many of them GTFO of Florida.

• Hook 'Em 1