A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I know it's easy and somewhat justified, to paint every single person that ever worked for 15 minutes for the Trump Administration as evil and corrupt and complicit in the upheaval of the Republic.  And I'm not celebrating her or changing one of my daughters' names to Cassidy.  But some people need to realize that some of these people testifying, writing books, being deposed, even cutting plea deals.  Yes, maybe too little too late.  Maybe trying to make a buck or save their own ass, or all of the above.  But make no mistake.  Many of these people will spend decades, if not the rest of their lives looking over their shoulder.  Being harassed on a good day, to being murdered on a bad day.  Because they represent what tens of millions of Americans know deep down inside..............35% of America was duped and nobody wants to admit to being the fool.  

The bloodshed is only getting started and I hope we can be the bigger, more forgiving people, in the equation.  There is a difference between Lindell cutting a deal to save himself from a tax fraud prison sentence and Cassidy writing a book to clear her head.  They aren't all the same.  Not every Nazi on trial at Nuremberg was there for the same thing.  I dunno, another rambling take.  But y'all need to start setting guardrails because we're just at the beginning of plea deals, book signings, movie rights, and incessant claims of "I didn't know the scope of what we were doing/just following orders/fog of war."  The ones you really have to worry about from Nuremberg to the Trump Trials is the person who says, "But what you're claiming...that never happened."  That's who you know needs to hang.

You know what would have prevented this?  Maybe not support and/or work for cretins like Meadows or Trump? 

I'm not saying they deserve to die but being a member of the Leopards Ate My Face Party is a personal choice.  No one forced them to join.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3407726

surprised/not surprised

i supposed i had already given up, but i really give up on changing any minds.

He literally could kill someone on 5th Avenue , and his supporters would turn a blind eye.

"Look, that's just what all politicians do these days. They all murder people on the street. So, might as well keep supporting Trump."

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

The bloodshed is only getting started and I hope we can be the bigger, more forgiving people, in the equation. 

Yeah.  Count me out on that.  When it comes to people who happily participated in the attempted murder of my country solely to further their personal ambition.....I will not be the bigger person.  I will not be forgiving.

I hate them.  All of them.  And I want them to suffer, and then die.  

9c9ed05acbfe3d0d5e492f0283c0d25d--loneso

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

You know what would have prevented this?  Maybe not support and/or work for cretins like Meadows or Trump? 

I'm not saying they deserve to die but being a member of the Leopards Ate My Face Party is a personal choice.  No one forced them to join.

Bingo.  They knew what they were doing.  They need to end up like Jake.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Ok, some of you get way too cavalier (repeatedly) about being ready to kill people for real in a civil war.  Internet bravado is nice and all, but you’d think the news reports from Ukraine would provide a little more grounded realism and understanding that we do not, in fact, want an actual war.  MAGA people piss me off, too, but maybe our comfortable lives are JUST A LITTLE better than watching your family get raped and murdered right in front of you.

Not a single one of us wants it.

Just like Ukraine didn't want to be invaded by Russia.

Sometimes, a breathtakingly stupid and evil party on the other side makes the decision for you.  That's what we're facing.  The MAGA stochastic terrorism is only going to get worse, and coalesce into actual movements.  They are going to commit more acts of violence.  Not a one of us WANTS that.  But here's the thing....if/when those assholes DO start that shit, I hope they get SHOT.  FUCKING.  DEAD.  And right soon.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Ok, some of you get way too cavalier (repeatedly) about being ready to kill people for real in a civil war.  Internet bravado is nice and all,

Plenty of us would kill somebody for a lot less than a mythical civil war.  Don't act like it's rocket surgery.

• Like 1

If you're like me, you scrolled by that tweet and thought "Ha ha. I bet Trump talked about some bad guy who loves him, but certainly he didn't mention Hannibal Lecter. That's just an exaggeration." Well, friend, you are wrong because he actually talked about Hannibal Lecter as if he was a real person who loves Donald Trump.

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 3:51 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Plenty of us would kill somebody for a lot less than a mythical civil war.  Don't act like it's rocket surgery.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:31 PM, Willfully Horn said:

Yeah. I feel fairly murderous when I consider how much shittier the landscape is for my children than it was for me. 

Fuck you, Republicans. You fucking toddlers. 

I'm not sure if I'm feeling more murdery towards sooners or our coaches right now

• Hook 'Em 1

Forum a June article of the documents Trump kept:

According to the indictment, documents Trump took “included information regarding defense and weapons capabilities of both the United States and foreign countries; United States nuclear programs; potential vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies to military attack; and plans for a possible retaliation in response to a foreign attack.”

So Trump was storing and bragging about his info that many presume was related to Israel. Now Israel is being attacked in a method that circumvented many of Israel’s defense?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

Forum a June article of the documents Trump kept:
According to the indictment, documents Trump took “included information regarding defense and weapons capabilities of both the United States and foreign countries; United States nuclear programs; potential vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies to military attack; and plans for a possible retaliation in response to a foreign attack.”
So Trump was storing and bragging about his info that many presume was related to Israel. Now Israel is being attacked in a method that circumvented many of Israel’s defense?

I wouldn’t be that shocked if there’s a connection. I would be surprised if it’s ever revealed that there was one (if in fact there was).
If there was, and Israel discovers it….they won’t touch a former POTUS. Not directly. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see them turn some intelligence efforts to utterly torching him.
I think all of this is low probability…but the mere fact that it’s not preposterously impossible is mind-blowing. This fucking timeline. It’s truly surreal.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I wouldn’t be that shocked if there’s a connection. I would be surprised if it’s ever revealed that there was one (if in fact there was).
If there was, and Israel discovers it….they won’t touch a former POTUS. Not directly. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see them turn some intelligence efforts to utterly torching him.
I think all of this is low probability…but the mere fact that it’s not preposterously impossible is mind-blowing. This fucking timeline. It’s truly surreal.

foreign agents knew what to ask for, dumb ass and his son in law did their job 

On 10/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

She grew up in a Hard R family (her Dad is a massive Trumper).  She was born after I graduated from High School (in the same year, 1996).  She may not be super bright, but she was braver than a lot of people in the Republican Party and came forward when others did not.  Also, she was 23 years old when Mark Meadows tapper her on the shoulder.  

She grew up in Pennington, NJ, about 5 miles away from me.  

Just so everyone here understands: Hannibal Lecter played the role of Hannibal Lecter on TV.  Got it?

18 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

I did not have Hannibal Lecter on my bingo card.

Edited by Bullneck

Yeah,

I have so many questions about that clip.  Was he retelling a true story that Hopkins said he loved him awhile back and just messed up the names?  Or does he think that movie was based on a true story about a real guy named Hannibal Lecter?  Or was he referring to that new show about Hannibal Lecter that for some reason he watches in between Fox & Friends reruns?  

and then what happens when he learns that Hannibal Lecter was played by SIR Anthony Hopkins?  Does he pout, “I don’t have to call him Sir, people call me sir or Mr President!”  Then a staffer says, “no, sir as in he was knighted by the queen…OBE”  Trump, “I got knighted by her too!  And I’m not OBESE, I’m 215!”

Can't say we didn't see this coming: https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-rails-at-very-badly-failing-forbes-magazine-claims-they-conspired-with-letitia-james-to-keep-him-off-their-wealthiest-people-list/

Donald Trump went on a tirade against Forbes while raising several evidence-free claims for why the magazine cut him from their list of America’s richest citizens.

A day after claiming the Hamas attack on Israel would have never happened if he was still president, Trump, in a post on Truth Social, turned his attention to the negative coverage he got from Forbes about a week ago. Trump blasted his various foes before claiming (without proof) that Forbes is “working with” New York Attorney General Letitia James as she prosecutes him for fraud.

'China owned (China Investment Corp, the Country’s Sovereign wealth Fund!), and very badly failing, Forbes ‘Magazine,’ which lost most of its relevance long ago, and which knows less about me than Stormy Daniels (who doesn’t know me at all!) or Rosie O’Donnell, took me off their Fake Forbes 400 list, just by a ‘whisker,’ even though they know that I should be high up on that now very dated and discredited ‘antique.’ They are working with the Racist and highly incompetent, job killing Attorney General of New York, Letitia ‘Peekaboo’ James, who has allowed Murder and Violent Crime in the State to hit epidemic levels.'

China owned Forbes is a participant in the Election Interference Scam, and after what I have done to China, with hundreds of billions of dollars being paid to the USA, who can blame them? For years Forbes has attacked me with really dumb writers assigned to hit me hard, and I am now up 60 Points on the Republicans, and beating Crooked Joe by a lot. So much for Forbes!

As Trump made clear, his anger stems from Forbes’ coverage on his declining net worth and his cut from their list of America’s wealthiest 400 people. Their decision was largely based on Truth Social’s lack of profitability despite the interest surrounding Trump’s run for president again.

Screenshot2023-10-09at3_23_23PM.png.f27c2f00d0b6f0d6854683a6e92990cf.png

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

So it's a stupid list done by stupid people that don't even know him, but he should be on the list. 

I used to work in the family office world.  There are many families who spend a lot of money to stay off that list (and who should legitimately be on it).  Going back 20 years, Trump is the only person I've ever heard of who wants to be on it.

The family I worked for has been on it, off and on depending on stock prices for the public company he founded.  When he's on it, the crazies come out of the woodwork.  No sane person wants to be on that list.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

I used to work in the family office world.  There are many families who spend a lot of money to stay off that list (and who should legitimately be on it).  Going back 20 years, Trump is the only person I've ever heard of who wants to be on it.

The family I worked for has been on it, off and on depending on stock prices for the public company he founded.  When he's on it, the crazies come out of the woodwork.  No sane person wants to be on that list.

This is a good point.  There are some folks obviously so wealthy, there's no point in trying to hide from the list.  After a few years of haranguing, they eventually get left alone.  There are some near the bottom of the list that like the novelty of "arriving" on the list and then soon regret it.  But as you say, there are lots in the middle of the pack who try and play it down for myriad purposes.  

But the one thing they all have in common is every single one of them has some form of a single/multi family office separate from the main company/companies that made all the money to begin with.  There are a number of reasons to do this that we can get into later.  But bottom line, when you "make billions" in Trump's world of real estate and branding, you don't let it all ride with the next deal...you do this wild thing called diversification.  And you're too big to hand it off to a private banking team at Deutsche or Chase.  Second, the vast majority of the people on that list have a private foundation for philanthropy that is either a separate entity for tax/oversight purposes, or adjoined to the family office with a board and investment committee made up of both family and non-family members, as well as some leadership folks from the main company.  Not only does the Trump family not have one of these, they're legally prohibited from doing it.  

I guarantee you if a reporter from Forbes asked Trump about his family office, he'd reply, "Of course, we have one in Trump Tower.  My office is at the corner, Don Jr. and Eric and Ivanka all have offices down the hall.  And Melania has one there as well.  We all officed there for many many years.  And would go and have lunch downstairs at the tremendous restaurants at the office."  Nobody makes "billions of dollars with hundreds of millions in cash" and just lets the guy at the IRA/Investments desk at the lobby bank handle it.  

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The screeds don't bother me as much as 1/3 of the voting public buying it as gospel. 

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

And teaching it to their children. 

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the process by which every prominent modern religion came into being. 

With the trump republicans and the propaganda machine that created them we get first hand view to how religion begins, how it spreads, and how it morphs over time to accommodate whatever it needs to accommodate to stay relevant. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Nobody makes "billions of dollars with hundreds of millions in cash" and just lets the guy at the IRA/Investments desk at the lobby bank handle it.  

Nobody thought anyone with a brain would publicly announce that they like well-done steak with ketchup.  The simulation no longer has to make sense. It’s like the last season of Game of Thrones.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

This times a billion.  Who the flying fuck wants to be on that list?  You do everything you can to stay off, especially if what you have is privately held.  And no I’m not there but I have enough to worry about stupid lists and notoriety..,and insane to think about but likely would be there on the next exit in a year or two.  We stopped all press releases on acquisitions etc.  Beauty of staying private and not on any exchanges.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Nobody thought anyone with a brain would publicly announce that they like well-done steak with ketchup.  The simulation no longer has to make sense. It’s like the last season of Game of Thrones.

Too soon, man.  GoT last season was infuriating.  

14 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This times a billion.  Who the flying fuck wants to be on that list?  You do everything you can to stay off, especially if what you have is privately held.  And no I’m not there but I have enough to worry about stupid lists and notoriety..,and insane to think about but likely would be there on the next exit in a year or two.  We stopped all press releases on acquisitions etc.  Beauty of staying private and not on any exchanges.  

The people who have privately owned companies are the ones spending money to stay off the list.  When you own X% of a public company that is worth Y, there's not much you can do.  

• Hook 'Em 2

^
That is fantastic, let me first to rep.  Also, somebody with interwebs skills.  Put that dry erase board from that "Silicon Valley" episode where they're trying to figure out how many dicks they can jack off at the same time.  It will go viral by midnight and make us all kinda NIL money.  

• Hook 'Em 1