A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

17 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I once met James Hyatt, a former CEO of Church’s when he became the CEO of a restaurant I worked for. Our bartender served him and didn’t know it was him. I knew who he was and told her afterwards he runs the company. She flipped out on not knowing. 

He asked me while we talked if I was interested in becoming a manager for the company. I told him “Sir that’d be a massive payout from being a server so no thank you.”

And this folks is how you stay out the surly 1%

42 minutes ago, Covri said:

And this folks is how you stay out the surly 1%

Oh man it would have been a horrific decision for me as I NEVER want to manage. As a server I have found that I can work 10 months out of the year and take two months to travel to places I want to go to by remaining a server. The pay is fantastic, I love making a person’s day better through a meal and my only responsibility is to show up and do something I love. The idea of ever managing is not something I would ever contemplate. I would rather enjoy the one life I get. I cannot understand why anyone wants to be a paper pusher which is, even in a restaurant, something managers spend hours doing each day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

During my time with Church's in the 80s, HQ was down in SA. Having manage the stores in Lockhart and San Marcos(my favorite) hated being that close to SA and getting visits from the higher ups.  I was only a few years away from getting a Franchise when I decided to get out, sometimes think back how that would've worked had I stayed with them.  I believe the Popeyes owner bought them not long after I left, no idea who runs it now.  A lot of fun times back then. 

• Like 1

Oh man it would have been a horrific decision for me as I NEVER want to manage. As a server I have found that I can work 10 months out of the year and take two months to travel to places I want to go to by remaining a server. The pay is fantastic, I love making a person’s day better through a meal and my only responsibility is to show up and do something I love. The idea of ever managing is not something I would ever contemplate. I would rather enjoy the one life I get. I cannot understand why anyone wants to be a paper pusher which is, even in a restaurant, something managers spend hours doing each day.

Thank you for your service.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I was joking because I thought you meant pay cut not payout. 

6 minutes ago, Covri said:

I was joking because I thought you meant pay cut not payout. 

The one thing that IPhones have as a strike against them is the auto-correct never seeming to learn anything. Pay cut was what I thought I typed until I saw your message.

Also sarcasm or joking sometimes goes right over my head. I mean just flies right over it until someone explains the joke to me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

The one thing that IPhones have as a strike against them is the auto-correct never seeming to learn anything. Pay cut was what I thought I typed until I saw your message.

Also sarcasm or joking sometimes goes right over my head. I mean just flies right over it until someone explains the joke to me.

Never the less if the documentary "Waiting" taught me anything it's that you made the right choice.

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 6:43 PM, safe sex said:

Krispy Krunch is so fucking legit

I drove by a Chevron gas station that had a Krispy Krunch sign on the Extra Mile store.

I’m very suspect of gas station food, but it was a real, lighted sign (not a banner or poster). I’m going to try it next time the wife and kids are out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

I drove by a Chevron gas station that had a Krispy Krunch sign on the Extra Mile store.

I’m very suspect of gas station food, but it was a real, lighted sign (not a banner or poster). I’m going to try it next time the wife and kids are out. 

Where? 

On 10/28/2023 at 1:24 AM, tx 3 putt said:

His verbal skills are limited. 

That's fucking rich from a dude who spent 4 seasons screaming "Not The Mama". 

image.thumb.png.46d21e924c29f650eaab458355bd1819.png

It's a sickness.

Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump and Baby Sinclair. Republicans don't take government seriously and it shows when they constantly cast actors to play government, rather than actually govern. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Who has dementia?  Confusing Iowa with South Dakota is apparently not cool.

That's the thing with Trump - how much of it is dementia, and how much of it is him a being fucking moron?  The man has the intellectual range of a teaspoon.

Edited by Keef
l
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

^

This is a good point.  I think he's pretty much as 'sharp' as he's always been.  You can't lose a step you never really had in the first place.  

He's proven from 1980's business interviews to 2000's producertoutlined gameshows to 2010's political teleprompter readings, when he goes off script---it just shows that he's not all that learned and not all that bright.  Our mocking aside, he appears to have a roughly 95-100 IQ.   

35 minutes ago, Keef said:

That's the thing with Trump - how much of it is dementia, and how much of it is him a being fucking moron?  The man has the intellectual range of a teaspoon.

And look how he handles it. He doesn't apologize or make a joke or even laugh a little at himself. He just mumbles Sioux City. He didn't like being corrected. He was visilbly annoyed to be corrected. I'm sure he hates the guy who whispered the actual name in his ear. 

He's a dangerous low-IQ child who constantly watches himself in the mirror.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1