A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

21 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

All respect, no, you didn’t.  Jesus, I’m not saying he was not always gonna shill for Trump and use his position in Trump’s favor.   I’m talking about the extent - the unprecedented extent to which all prior norms would be violated and pushed so far in the face of literally traitorous actions by a President.   That he would be protected by the AJ and Justice and Senators in a novel way.  

The Turtle not just playing games and voting on partisan lines, but literally obstructing evidence and disallowing witness testimony.  It was the total abandonment of any pretense of fairness norms that was a shock.   Had they allowed documents and witnesses he would still NOT have been convicted with most GOP Senators voting party lines.  Everyone knew they were selfish hacks and politicians who did shit to get reelected.   We all knew that the GOP would back Trump.  But their response to the gutting of the conviction hearing was unprecedented, despite the well known political reality of no way to get to 2/3rds as the partisan political fix was in.  We knew that was the result. Two. Different. Points. 

It’s like saying we all knew January 6 WOULD happen because MAGATs are stupid and Trump is trying to hang on to power.   We knew all that, we knew that his fans were delusional and potentially violent.   We knew what was POSSIBLE…but it was still surreal when it happened the way it happened.   Our resident seer and ledge sitter was not surprised that J6 happened.  Hell, if anyone predicted it Brisket has the premier claim.  But I don’t think even he woke up and made popcorn and sat down knowing J6 would happen the day and way it did. 

All I’m saying is the envelope was pushed until it disintegrated. THAT I did not see.   

Just take my drink bet. 

Hmm, no, wildcat is right. All of that shit seemed really obvious to a lot of us going back a long way. Brisket is our tribe's guru, but he was far from the only one who saw it. One's been able to set their watch to MAGA taking the most nefarious, ignorant, and norm destroying tack in any situation for at least 4 years now. 

33 minutes ago, GenXer said:

And this is another problem. Republicans have been shit for decades. Their economic, healthcare, and cultural (christofacist) policies have been shit for decades. But, they’ll all be better once this current crop goes away.

I wouldn’t be able to buy health insurance today without those commies Obama and Biden cause health insurance companies wouldn’t sell to us 1 million+ type 1 diabetics. Republicans are irredeemable pieces of shit always and forever.

Meet the new crop. Same as the old crop.

33 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Asked whether the jurors had recommended indicting Mr. Trump, Ms. Kohrs gave a cryptic answer: “You’re not going to be shocked. It’s not rocket science,” adding “you won’t be too surprised.”

Christ on a bike, lady. 

It’s just a recommendation. The DA is a political position. They need balls to follow through. 

9 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I would prefer she remain out of the media, but it is what it is. She should consider security given the loony nature of most trumpers. 

Pretty much as soon as her interview ended, every other talking head on CNN started going "wtf is she doing??". 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Where the former President of the United States is publicly attacking the United States for upsetting the dictator of North Korea.  I'm not sure anyone had this possibility on their bingo card.

Screenshot2023-02-22at5_56_57AM.thumb.png.f0bad3fb193dc1d765c753ccb4602a54.png

The guy who tweeted he fell in love with a communist dictator who murdered an American college student is advocating the same thing the communist dictator is advocating?

That's weird. I don't get it.

Anyhooo

Make America Great Again! And Dismantle It! Wheeeee!!!!!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The guy who tweeted he fell in love with a communist dictator who murdered an American college student is advocating the same thing the communist dictator is advocating?

That's weird. I don't get it.

Anyhooo

Make America Great Again! And Dismantle It! Wheeeee!!!!!!

If Trump had won re-election, it would’ve been Putin who was visiting Kyiv this week. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3