Urban Meyer to Jacksonville Jaguars

Vic Mackey

The Jacksonville Jaguars' latest loss clearly impacted head coach Urban Meyer more than the first three. He didn't even try to hide his frustration.

His eyes were red, and he looked physically and emotionally drained in his post-game news conference. At one point he slammed his hand down on the podium to emphasize that the Jaguars didn't turn the ball over on offense for the first time this season and still lost.

"It's devastating. Heartbreaking," Meyer said after Cincinnati kicked a field goal as time expired to beat the Jaguars 24-21 at Paul Brown Stadium on Thursday night. "These guys. Usually, I'm not wrong about stuff like that. I just see a good team in there. I see good guys. I see good hearts. I see guys that work and I told them I'm not wrong. I'm not wrong about that stuff."

Link

Look, I think Urban is a great coach, one of the greatest in college football.  But he's such a huge pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Link

Look, I think Urban is a great coach, one of the greatest in college football.  But he's such a huge pussy.

I’ll leave the obvious over played joke alone.  

But completely agree on Meyer, he’s the greatest college coach of the modern era not named saban, 2 undefeated seasons and only 1 season below 8-5 with never a losing record.  

Even with his giant pussy, I would sell my soul and take him as coach for 5 years until the next health crisis just to get another trophy.  

On 9/23/2021 at 11:13 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

i didn't remember what she looked like

googled

not worth posting

2nd-ugliest blonde coachwife evar after boomhauer's ex

florida was her density

"Did you mean Florida was her Destiny?" 

"Nah man, she denser than a mutha-fucka, too."  

17 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Same connection with Saban and other greats, without the gaping pussy.

People often post a photo of a dejected Meyer sitting alone eating pizza on a golf cart after a loss at Michigan State. They find it funny. I think it offers an insight into the man’s psychology and motivation. I don’t think showing agony after defeat makes you a “pussy.”  But I get it. He didn’t take the Texas job. If he had then you’d think he was a god.

Bum Phillips had a quote about Bear Bryant: “Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.” I don’t think that’s true about Saban. Saban needs a decided advantage in talent and more coaches than anyone else in order to win. In a hypothetical game between two exactly evenly matched teams with two exactly evenly matched coaching staffs, I’d pick Meyer’s team to beat Saban’s. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

People often post a photo of a dejected Meyer sitting alone eating pizza on a golf cart after a loss at Michigan State. They find it funny. I think it offers an insight into the man’s psychology and motivation. I don’t think showing agony after defeat makes you a “pussy.”  But I get it. He didn’t take the Texas job. If he had then you’d think he was a god.

Bum Phillips had a quote about Bear Bryant: “Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.” I don’t think that’s true about Saban. Saban needs a decided advantage in talent and more coaches than anyone else in order to win. In a hypothetical game between two exactly evenly matched teams with two exactly evenly matched coaching staffs, I’d pick Meyer’s team to beat Saban’s. 

He's a pussy because when the going gets tough, he turns into Fred Sanford.  

• Haha 7

I dont disagree with this.

But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have vaginal tendencies. Both can be and are true.

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bum Phillips had a quote about Bear Bryant: “Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.” I don’t think that’s true about Saban. Saban needs a decided advantage in talent and more coaches than anyone else in order to win. 

With respect, I'll say it's the same for Meyer.  Once people figured out his offense, he won on recruiting and having 1-2 kickass assistants.  In a "stock car race," he'd be a middling coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

I find it interesting that WhatTheBuck is always in here talking about Urban Meyer rather than some of our resident Gator fans and or Floridians.  After all it's clear that Meyer's legacy is much much more tied to what he has done, is doing and will do in the state of Florida than anything he did elsewhere.  

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That doesn't count. It was ages ago and I think Kiffin bailed on the team, didn't he?

Kiffin was told to get the fuck out before a Clemson loss when he was headed to FAU and then ended up missing some team thing, or was late or something like that.  Sark took over the next season (interim for the championship game)

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Kiffin was told to get the fuck out before a Clemson loss when he was headed to FAU and then ended up missing some team thing, or was late or something like that.  Sark took over the next season (interim for the championship game)

Ah, ok. I thought Kiffin just straight up cleaned out his office and left them high and dry. 

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We also think he is a god. We can think two things of somebody at the same time.

All of the folks who come onto this thread and aspire to see Meyer go 0-fer this year and quit are insane. I do not want to see this guy back in college football. I'd really rather not see him at USC or LSU, to boot. I hope he wins 4-5 games out of his last 10 and convinces himself from there that he's building something for the future and stays at Jacksonville for another 5 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I find your presence and those like yours, fascinating, if nauseating, as a part of this site. 

You bring nothing to the table but noise and cheap rhetorical tactics, most posters despise and mock your witless drivel, and yet you continue to post in volume and have solid positive rep. 

Urban Meyer is a pussy. He's also a great college coach. None of us here would be changing that tune if he coached at Texas. You've been on this board and its predecessor for years, so there is a 0% chance that you do not understand that or are unaware that we give zero fucks about holding our coaches up on a pedestal.

So all you are doing when you attempt to project the "But I get it. He didn’t take the Texas job. If he had then you’d think he was a god" nonsense onto another longstanding poster, who has no history of wearing blinders with the Texas staff, is showing the rest of us further evidence that you are a disingenuous vagina who is unwilling to engage on merit in a discussion. You do that because you are weak at it, and you're insecure about your ability to hold your own with another when you do so. 

There's nothing particularly interesting or inspiring about Urban Meyer being a whiny bitch with his head in his lap after a loss to Michigan State or the Cincinnati Bengals. Mack Brown is the biggest vagina in college football and he looks like he's about to fucking die after every loss at UNC and before that, here. And we mocked his bitch ass for it then and now. And we would with Urban Meyer here too.

Negged for this post and go fuck yourself for the weak shit you bring to the table with the shady posting tactics. 

FUCKING ALL OF THIS.  FANFUCKINTASTIC

ESPECIALLY the part about WhatTheBuck leaking his enlarged prostate urine dribbles all over this fucking site and for some reason some of you seeming to enjoy it.  He fucking sucks.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mack Brown is the biggest vagina in college football and he looks like he's about to fucking die after every loss at UNC and before that, here. And we mocked his bitch ass for it then and now. And we would with Urban Meyer here too.

Plus Mack has bitch tits and looks like Mr. Haney. And you can hear Urban's clogged arteries straining to do their jobs. Nothing is sacred here. We call out flaws of theirs and ours. And we find flaws where there aren't any.

And none of us has ever wasted our time on any woman less than a 10. Unless we forgot our glasses.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

All of the folks who come onto this thread and aspire to see Meyer go 0-fer this year and quit are insane. I do not want to see this guy back in college football. I'd really rather not see him at USC or LSU, to boot. I hope he wins 4-5 games out of his last 10 and convinces himself from there that he's building something for the future and stays at Jacksonville for another 5 years.

Nah, I still want him to go 0-17 because I think he's a miserable person. I wonder if he'd slink back to college with his tail between his legs or just really retire at that point. TV is much, much easier and pays pretty well he won't risk his college legacy. If he does, I'll root against him there too.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If he comes back to CFB, it won't be for LSU unless Saban is gone. Maybe USC, but he's already mentioned that part of the reason he turned us down is because he couldn't see himself ever recruiting against Ohio State again. 

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I want urban to fail just so that the anti-NFL crowd can tell me again why the NFL is so backward in its thinking. The major success story in the college to NFL jump in modern times is Pete carroll, who runs the most old school team in the NFL….

lolwut? The NFL is backwards. Also said that Urban would be an unmitigated disaster there. They're not contradictory stances.