• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy doesn't just have a Hall of Champions. Theirs is 30,000 square feet of space. Literally bigger than the hangar NASA used to house the Space Shuttle.

When you put it in those terms the Hall of Air is actually pretty impressive. Leave it to aggy to have biggest and emptiest trophy case in sports history. Very fitting. 

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, kopp0e said:

This could end not so well for aggy, as it seems to be overspending:

From the comments, replying to another comment that said the overpaying is sad state of affairs at the school, I present one of the most aggy posts ever to be posted anywhere :

jimbo75025 — you missed my point. It is not a sad state of affairs. It just reflects hows things go for people at the top of their respective professions. Take Aggie grads. Yes, it will take many years for an average A&M grad to do that (do that = make the kind of money these coaches are making). But what about A&M grads at the top of his or her profession? Take the Exxon-Mobile CEO, Darren Woods, an engineer — would it take him decades to do that? Or take aggie Tony Buzbee. He is a personal injury trial lawyer at the top of his profession. Would it take it him decades? Or banker and aggie Phil Adams? Would it take him decades to do that? Last I heard he sold his Gulfstream to the owner of the Miami Dolphins because he wanted a better plane. You get my point. Elko is considered a really really good defensive coach. Good enough to where the Fighting Irish were paying him a million a year. Schmid is also considered a top top S&C coach. One whom Bob Stoops once called his “secret weapon.” Be glad for these guys. Yes, they are well paid, but they should be because they are at the top at what they do. Just like others who are at the top of what they do. And in relation to guys like Woods, Adams and Buzbee their pay is not so great. If anything they make far far less than people in different fields who are the top of their respect professions

29 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

From the comments, replying to another comment that said the overpaying is sad state of affairs at the school, I present one of the most aggy posts ever to be posted anywhere :

jimbo75025 — you missed my point. It is not a sad state of affairs. It just reflects hows things go for people at the top of their respective professions. Take Aggie grads. Yes, it will take many years for an average A&M grad to do that (do that = make the kind of money these coaches are making). But what about A&M grads at the top of his or her profession? Take the Exxon-Mobile CEO, Darren Woods, an engineer — would it take him decades to do that? Or take aggie Tony Buzbee. He is a personal injury trial lawyer at the top of his profession. Would it take it him decades? Or banker and aggie Phil Adams? Would it take him decades to do that? Last I heard he sold his Gulfstream to the owner of the Miami Dolphins because he wanted a better plane. You get my point. Elko is considered a really really good defensive coach. Good enough to where the Fighting Irish were paying him a million a year. Schmid is also considered a top top S&C coach. One whom Bob Stoops once called his “secret weapon.” Be glad for these guys. Yes, they are well paid, but they should be because they are at the top at what they do. Just like others who are at the top of what they do. And in relation to guys like Woods, Adams and Buzbee their pay is not so great. If anything they make far far less than people in different fields who are the top of their respect professions

In my opinion, this is a case of #aggynomics...

When you put it in those terms the Hall of Air is actually pretty impressive. Leave it to aggy to have biggest and emptiest trophy case in sports history. Very fitting. 
I'm still pissed I can't use the Philly Eagles trophy case meme whenever I come across an It goes fan. That one is on fucking Roger Goodell..
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. That ended about how this one will, with aggy paying Jimbo 5-6 years worth of dead money, or firing him for cause after the NCAA investigation.

Aggy will find a way to both pay him 5-6 years of dead salary and have the ensuing NCAA investigation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy doesn't just have a Hall of Champions. Theirs is 30,000 square feet of space. Literally bigger than the hangar NASA used to house the Space Shuttle.

Wait. Are you for real? Not that 30,000 feet is bigger than the space shuttle hangar, but that aggy has a 30,000 square foot Hall of Champions?

8 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Guys, if I ever brag about how much money another guy makes...well, I'm never going to brag about how much money another guy makes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

jimbo75025 —  Take Aggie grads. Yes, it will take many years for an average A&M grad to do that (do that = make the kind of money these coaches are making). But what about A&M grads at the top of his or her profession? Take the Exxon-Mobile CEO, Darren Woods, an engineer — would it take him decades to do that? Or take aggie Tony Buzbee. ......

Lol that the "average" aggy grad will ever make $500,000-$2,000,000 per year.

13 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

LOL... "They didn't take people to the ground".... to "Six years of missed tackled and being soft was not a coincidence"...

... to upcoming seasons'... "he had his hands on him, just couldn't bring him down"....

Eventually it will be called "slapstick tackling" in the aggy program...

A&M's conference football record since joining the SEC: 25-23. 

Conference basketball record: 56-52

Conference baseball record: 94-83

100 year decision. After this year there's a good chance aggy is under .500 in conference in both football and basketball. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Aggies will just return with the argument that of course their records suffer because the SEC is the best conference in every sport ever (ya stupid sip).

Now, if it were possible to point out how their conference records in the SEC and the B12 are about the same, then you'd be on to something.  But there's no way THAT can be true because certainly the Aggies dominated that weak B12 for years.  Right?

This video was posted on the recruiting board, but it's worth copying here.

Come for the walk ons being D-lineman at a pursuit drill.  Stay for Darrell Dickey wearing spandex tights.  And enjoy the big finish of 265 pound offensive linemen struggling to block people standing still and holding arm shields.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/texas-a-m-practices-at-kyle-field/

Edited by Katfid54

46 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

How are they not embarassed by that shit?

When I was in high school, the aggy teachers would regale us with weird tales about spurs and dead dogs. I personally though that was just "college" and they were all that way. Then I got to my normal college, and my friends and family went to theirs, and realized that they all weren't that way. 

But aggy doesn't have anything to compare it to. So to them, it's normal and they're not embarrassed. 

QED 

So some guy has a stand off in a bar all day in College Station with police.  He had a rifle etc.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Gun-shots-reported-at-Rockies-in-College-Station-490729931.html

From the article that brought me lulz.

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) -  8:00am UPDATE: Police reports identify the suspect as 38-year-old Michael Blake Jones of Bryan. So far, Jones has only been charged with criminal mischief from damaging a CSPD robot.

According to the report, police were using the robot to contact Jones and establish a line of communication with him. As the robot moved toward the front of the building, Jones reportedly walked out into the parking lot, grabbed the robot, and tipped it over before going back inside.