Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Just had to go check that thread out. They upvote / downvote differential is as huge as I have ever seen anywhere. It is a full-on dogpile on the aggy boys.

I guess the SECSECSEC family thing is not a two-way street, at least where aggy is concerned.  Oh those tears get sweeter by the day.

It never has been a two way street. Aggy invented that bullshit family thing. They went into the conference expecting to be Antoine Fisher, but they’re still too stupid to realize that the conference looks at them more like Dan Aykroyd’s character in The Great Outdoors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 hours ago, C-Man said:

It really is the SEC and then aggy. Nobody in that conference likes those dipshits.

Funny, I used to read Texags. Early on after the Aggies fled, they were invading SEC message boards to get acquainted. I recall one post that went something like this (from an Aggie):

I was over on the Florida board arguing about something with a Gator. A sip poster came on to take the Gator's side. The Gator told him, "Back off, this is family!" The SEC already feels like home.

Now they know you, Aggies. Now they've heard you. Now you're Aggies in your new conference for a hundred years.

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Funny, I used to read Texags. Early on after the Aggies fled, they were invading SEC message boards to get acquainted. I recall one post that went something like this (from an Aggie):

I was over on the Florida board arguing about something with a Gator. A sip poster came on to take the Gator's side. The Gator told him, "Back off, this is family!" The SEC already feels like home.

Now they know you, Aggies. Now they've heard you. Now you're Aggies in your new conference for a hundred years.

Probably another made-up anecdote.

• Like 4

On 8/7/2019 at 10:00 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

this comment will probably get nuked off The All-American's site, but Mandel's mailbag this week was so gleefully "LET'S TALK AGGIE FOOTBALL" that I couldn't resist. This is me being nice.

"Also, it just so happens The Athletic launched its content-sharing partnership with TexAgs this week"

Thus my cancelled subscription, which runs out in a few days. You should be embarrassed to diminish The All-American's credibility by partnering with a site that exists to *promote* Texas A&M, not report on it. You hire actual, grownup journalists to report on your other beats and then treat A&M's beat like it's open mic night: "go ahead, Ags, tell us all about yourselves".

Aligning with a site like that is completely contradictory to what you claimed were the reasons for The All-American launching in the first place, the reasons that encouraged me to subscribe. It feels like a classic bait-and-switch; "oh wait, maybe we DO want to be SBNation". I can't take seriously the journalism of a publication or editor-in-chief who's interested in this kind of charade. You're either a journalist OR you're willing to lie down with dogs in order to wake up with their Internet-traffic fleas. I'm tremendously disappointed in you.

Texags-- its staff, its subscribers, its message board-- has a reputation that would humiliate anyone but an Aggie. You either knew that and didn't care, or decided to perform an appalling lack of due diligence (doubtful), or were absolutely snowed by the dishonest rah-rah superfans that run Texags (bingo). And now your site's name and credibility are linked to it.

Good bye, and good luck.

never got a response from Stewie on this, FYI. there is a less-than-zero chance he wasn't made aware of it

On 8/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, deft said:

Facing one of college football's most challenging slates this fall, the Aggies...

... are at a huge disadvantage, as only seven of their games are at home - although they do continue the standard SECSECSEC season plan of playing only eight conference games with three  patsies coming to Collie Station.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Leon still hasn't cracked the depth chart

EBih7ZqX4AEat-H?format=png&name=360x360EBih8GWWwAA2YOz?format=png&name=360x360EBih80mX4AYhsGX?format=png&name=360x360

Does this mean Leon won't be on the travel squad and will miss the opportunity to tell the Clemson coaches what a big mistake they made by not snatching him up when they had the chance?

So he has an injured finger which somehow doesn’t allow him to do on air walk through with his fellow first team? 3 days worth of not appearing in depth charts leads to the ministry to announce an injury. Elmo recruited and sold Richardson and Williams on the fact that they would play and where needed. Tucker and O’Neal (when he ever gets there) to the portal when the Freshmen start playing instead of them.

cross posting here because aggy

As for aggy and their stupid "great attendance" myth:

Since the start of the 2017 football season and the first four home games of 2018, scanned tickets have accounted for 72.8 percent of the announced attendance, according to figures obtained through an open records request.

Per an A&M spokesperson, the official attendance number represents the amount of tickets sold, a common practice at the college level.

The biggest disparity came last year, when the Aggies hosted Louisiana-Lafayette for an 11 a.m. kickoff. While Kyle Field had a paid attendance of 98,412, only 63,089 tickets were scanned (64.1 percent).

...in the SEC, have an average of 76,924 scanned tickets compared with 66,174 for "group of five" games. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/11/13/many-fans-actually-show-texas-ams-football-games-kyle-field

"When Dilipkumar Patel ’66 graduated, he was unable to afford an Aggie Ring. To celebrate his 80th birthday, his daughter surprised him with his own Aggie gold today.
Though he hadn’t been back to campus in a while, he said he felt right at home. "
67416296_10156852829934753_7119184876128960512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeHMT3L3-H3PikgHfW7CvhcxV_As_TYq4ga4Mf7qZWMMZL2G1ORe9wBH6FCus9c5dcZLSOd2-4EiIH1-vF1Knl5_gmfHCs0_M4apUaWjXldHIA&_nc_oc=AQndvub0KZvoF703xhWj60JSLalWM_qvzgmfZT7C4ii9nP3wVt0E4RFgq0PonAwEE3msbPhNvu-WxcyuhJMZ5xw-&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=e5a9b2c96340ec4e7aec05e1179861d5&oe=5DDAB84E"
Hasn't been to campus in awhile. I'm sure with a name like Patel he was really welcome in 1966.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
"When Dilipkumar Patel ’66 graduated, he was unable to afford an Aggie Ring. To celebrate his 80th birthday, his daughter surprised him with his own Aggie gold today.
Though he hadn’t been back to campus in a while, he said he felt right at home. "
emoji106.pngemoji106.png"

Hasn't been to campus in awhile. I'm sure with a name like Patel he was really welcome in 1966.

Probably the son of a motel proprietor in BCS back then. Wonder if he's Dinesh Patel's father?

• Like 2

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/teams-that-have-played-in-bcs-ny6-bowls-more-recently-than-texas-aandm/84751159/

i think this was posted upthread.  the comedy value is measured in parsecs.  aggy get owned over and over and over and they just bounce back like a game of whack-a-mole.

it literally is impossible to get them to shut the fuck up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

cross posting here because aggy

As for aggy and their stupid "great attendance" myth:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/11/13/many-fans-actually-show-texas-ams-football-games-kyle-field

Since the start of the 2017 football season and the first four home games of 2018, scanned tickets have accounted for 72.8 percent of the announced attendance, according to figures obtained through an open records request.

Dont be a 27 percenter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/teams-that-have-played-in-bcs-ny6-bowls-more-recently-than-texas-aandm/84751159/

i think this was posted upthread.  the comedy value is measured in parsecs.  aggy get owned over and over and over and they just bounce back like a game of whack-a-mole.

Sure was a whole lot of talk about “score board” on that thread.  Layups and no one capitalized.  Disappointing 

The following is a 100% true conversation I had with my 6 year old son after Clemson and Deshaun Watson won the national championship: 

“That game was amazing Daddy. Has A&M ever won the national championship?” 

“Yes, som, but it’s been a long, long time, since before I was born.” 

“Well, Daddy, we’ll keep rooting for them! And if we die, and they still haven’t won, we’ll root for them from heaven. But I guess in heaven we’ll have to root for everyone. Except the Longhorns and LSU. Longhorn and LSU fans won’t be in heaven.”

I'm fairly sure that if Sigmund Freud or Karl Jung were ever to have done studies on the folklore and wisdom of Texas A&M, words like "What the fuck?!" and "Holy shit!" would have wound their way into the scholarly literature on psychology.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

👍67416296_10156852829934753_7119184876128👍"

Hullabaloo Dinesh Dinesh

• Like 7

From that SECrant page:

Hugh McElroy iconTexasAM.gif
Texas A&M Fan
Member since Sep 2013
9890 posts

re: Teams that have played in BCS/NY6 Bowls more recently than Texas A&MPosted on 8/8/19 at 12:22 pm to The_Ultimate_Warrior
Lots and lots of teams haven’t won championships in baseball or basketball or baseball. It’s not that brutal. 

That said, I’m eager to see one!  

The following is a 100% true conversation I had with my 6 year old son after Clemson and Deshaun Watson won the national championship: 

“That game was amazing Daddy. Has A&M ever won the national championship?” 

“Yes, som, but it’s been a long, long time, since before I was born.” 

“Well, Daddy, we’ll keep rooting for them! And if we die, and they still haven’t won, we’ll root for them from heaven. But I guess in heaven we’ll have to root for everyone. Except the Longhorns and LSU. Longhorn and LSU fans won’t be in heaven.” 
This post was edited on 8/8 at 12:24 pm

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

College Shitstain. Why didn't we think of that?