Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

15 hours ago, Crapinon said:

There is only one way to pick their next coach. Have them pet Reveille. She'll let them know in her own special way.

personas-mal-día7.webp

Those Corps Turds better keep that bitch (Reveille, not the one getting her ear bitten off) away from Bevo XV, or she might get the Uga treatment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Question for those of you that may have better knowledge about Jimbo's contract here.

If he wants to coach again, was their verbiage about that while he is being paid out?  Or is it FULLY guaranteed and he can double dip and get paid by the likes of WV or Miss State? 

there is no offset language in the contract. he can double dip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

There are volumes of aggy joke books out there. Modern aggy get pissed off about it so you don't hear the jokes as often as you used to, but they certainly have not become more shrewd or normal over time. 

My grand dad had one when we were growing up. I can’t remember if it had old sarge on the front or if it was the cow-a-socky.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Cover 3 Podcast on a&m

"You have to humble yourself a bit when it comes to the coaching search, not saying you need to lower your expectations or goals. If you want to compete for national titles, that's fine, but you need to look in the mirror and realize that despite what you think of yourself, you are a school that has not won a conference title since 1998. You are a school that hasn't won a national title since 1939. Do not think you're above somebody."

Real Housewives Tea GIF

And no sugar with that tea.

25 minutes ago, NoName said:

there is no offset language in the contract. he can double dip.

Not a surprise.  They're so desperate to be relevant, they don't think that their "big name" coach du jour would take their job if the contract had offset language in it.

aggy is the college football equivalent of what happens when you let your kid who is addicted to Roblox use your credit card to buy Robux - to the tune of thousands of dollars.

There actually is a termination for cause section in Jimbo's contract.  What is interesting is that the University is required under his contract to provide him with written notice if they are terminating him for cause.  There is also a termination without cause section of the contract which also requires the University to provide him with written notice if they are terminating him without cause.  Neither section seems to have any kind of a deadline to provide the written notice.  There are some provisions in the termination for cause section that are vague enough that they could probably make some kind of an argument.  It would be very interesting to see whatever notice that the University gave him for his termination.

7 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Not a surprise.  They're so desperate to be relevant, they don't think that their "big name" coach du jour would take their job if the contract had offset language in it.

aggy is the college football equivalent of what happens when you let your kid who is addicted to Roblox use your credit card to buy Robux - to the tune of thousands of dollars.

what's even funnier to me is that Jimbo's contract also had no buyout clause if he left for another job.

so if he won 3 national championships in a row and then Alabama called to hire him for $20 million a year he could just waltz out the door to Tuscaloosa and pay A&M $0

26 minutes ago, wood said:

The first time I ever saw an aggy joke book was in a box of random stuff in my Grandma's basement in Tennessee when I was like 10. She would buy low and sell high at flea markets and garage sales. At that point I'd never been to Texas and was all  like "What's an Aggie?" My older, wiser cousins told me "They're like Texas Polacks". Then it all made sense. 

Man, don’t insult Polish people with that association. It’s a proud country with a proud heritage with some actual championships. Nothing like aggy, except for being dominated by stronger neighbor states since 1939.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

what's even funnier to me is that Jimbo's contract also had no buyout clause if he left for another job.

so if he won 3 national championships in a row and then Alabama called to hire him for $20 million a year he could just waltz out the door to Tuscaloosa and pay A&M $0

dose aggy hoes have no kinda leverage.

50 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Question for those of you that may have better knowledge about Jimbo's contract here.

If he wants to coach again, was their verbiage about that while he is being paid out?  Or is it FULLY guaranteed and he can double dip and get paid by the likes of WV or Miss State? 

My understanding is fully guaranteed with no duty to mitigate...pay up bitches type deal. 

30 minutes ago, wood said:

The first time I ever saw an aggy joke book was in a box of random stuff in my Grandma's basement in Tennessee when I was like 10. She would buy low and sell high at flea markets and garage sales. At that point I'd never been to Texas and was all  like "What's an Aggie?" My older, wiser cousins told me "They're like Texas Polacks". Then it all made sense. 

As a kid I had a copy of both an aggy joke book and a Polish joke book. Seriously, as a kid I thought they were the same thing.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Did I seriously see Coach Prime’s name in one of these articles? That would be a trip, lol. The number of N-words from the crowd after the first bad play would be truly disturbing.

They might just spit on him like they do the Prairie View A&M fans.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Speaking of which, I wonder what sort of local economy grows up around a person like Jimbo.

Not like he's buying rare books. There'll be Super-Sized McMansions, extra cars and flashy gadgets. A couple of motorcycles that he rode once and got scared. Tawdry hootchies. Boats boats and boats. An accountant and a lawyer somewhere. How many people live off his money?

What's good ol' Bobbo P's buyout?  Can he get a few of those motorcycles?  Asking for... BP.

• Haha 2

is that from the sunday presser video?
the account name, number and bank used to make payments to jimbo is public domain
his contract was with aggy mothership
so the FOIA request is the receipts for the check or wire from the 12th Man Foundation for $26.6 million by March 11, 2024, made payable or wired to jimbo, inc., direct, OR to aggy mothership, and the account(s) used by the mothership to then pay jimbo, inc.

It will be hard to follow the money on this, but I would track Fed-Ex envelopes, sitting in the front seat of gold Trans-Am.
  • Haha 1

Seriously, I thought nothing could shock me about Aggy, but I am astounded at the incomprehensible folly of this fiasco and their reaction. This is the absolute worst hiring and firing disaster of all time, and on Texags dudes are spinning it to say this is a good thing and shows how committed they are to success. It's insane.

coachfishergigemaggies-2.jpg 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, NoName said:

See, that had absolute zero chance of happening, so there's no point in a clause preventing it.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Texas Tech should hire him as a consultant, for $1/year, and give him no job duties, just an office to sit in while aggy pays him millions of dollars a year.

Ole Miss. It will be glorious for Freshwater to continue to troll aggy by beating him on the field with a consultant that aggy is paying for. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Fully guaranteed.

• Hook 'Em 1