Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know this is kind of a thing, but the Aggies do seem the most obnoxiously brazen about it.  My oldest still talks about being a Vet.  And if she attended A&M to do so, of course we'd visit her, and pay whatever we needed to, and attend games with her. 

One of my closest friends has a masters in petroleum engineering (UT) and a veterinary degree (not A&M).  He chose Georgia.  Wisely.  Athens rocks.  Don't send your kid to A&M.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

One of my closest friends has a masters in petroleum engineering (UT) and a veterinary degree (not A&M).  He chose Georgia.  Wisely.  Athens rocks.  Don't send your kid to A&M.

So he literally drills animals but didn't go to A&M?  You realize he's like the rarest human being on our planet, right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, YGIFS said:

So he literally drills animals but didn't go to A&M?  You realize he's like the rarest human being on our planet, right?  

The third leg of the trifecta:  he joined the Air Force as a medical officer (entered as a Major, now a Lt. Colonel) at age 46.  I guess a horse is pretty similar to a human once the shrapnel hits.

The dude does not know when to quit.  Served a year in Fallujah, and almost got his head blown off in a firefight where he wasn't armed.

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

image.thumb.png.5751a246fa50eb3a5d2485b23cb59ad6.png

This dude is an  athlete AND he shops at Dillards. Bjork would do well to listen to him. 

That's got to be a troll job. The only thing he could have done to make it better is swap out Kohl's for Dillard's, but they're both probably about the same these days.

Edited by royiv
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TOR said:

I believe you are right.  Not to go all $9.95 Board Expert, but FCS is going to become a development league with the portal in place.  Still funny that aggy is plucking players from Central Michigan, Youngstown St, and Old Dominion after talking so much shit about their number one class.

I think it makes sense to recruit from G5 or FCS and in many cases is preferable to people sitting the bench at Bama or Florida. Many 2-3 star players out of high school still have a lot of physical and mental development to acquire over a few more years. If they become standouts at the G5 or FCS level by year 2 or 3, they've proved they are ready for FBS and can contribute right away. Whereas a 5 star athlete out of high school who sits the bench for 2+ years might have peaked in high school and are unable to make the adjustment. OSU has had success this year with our lower level portal transfers. 

The problem for aggy is that perception means more to them than actually winning. They'd rather pluck a bench warmer from Alabama to say they took a player from Alabama while ignoring that the player couldn't crack the depth chart. The Jimbo thing is a perfect example. They cared more about saying "Got Jimbo" who won a national championship a million years ago and that was enough, despite everyone knowing he was washed up and that FSU fans were happy to replace him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoiler

Texas Bowl Preview: A&M Looks To Secure Eight-Win Season Over No. 20 Oklahoma State

The Aggies hold a 2-1 record playing in the Texas Bowl, as well as a 3-2 record in Houston bowls, and are 3-1 all-time in NRG Stadium.

Cole Thompson

All Aggies Football Network
    23 hours ago

While Texas A&M won't end its 10-game true road game losing streak in Houston come Dec. 27, it can at least extend its winning streak at NRG Stadium.

The Aggies return to the home of the Houston Texans for the first time since 2019 for a showdown in the TaxAct Texas Bowl. Their opponent? A familiar face from the last go-around in front of what should be a vibrant A&M fan base making the trip down the road.

No. 20 Oklahoma State found its way back to Arlington for a shot at the Big 12 title after starting the season off 2-2 with back-to-back losses against South Alabama and Iowa State. Behind the legs of All-American running back Ollie Gordon II and a potent defense, the Cowboys won five straight, including picking up victories over No. 23 Kansas and No. 9 Oklahoma in the final Bedlam Series.

The two programs have distinct similarities to the roster construction entering NRG Stadium. The Aggies lost to an ACC school (Clemson) and finished 4-4 in conference play. The Cowboys featured the nation's leading rusher and had four losses attached to their name.

A&M won 24-21 thanks to a second-half surge from mobile quarterback Kellen Mond. Jaylen Henderson, who started the final three games of the regular season, possesses similar traits to that of the former four-year starter and could break free for a big-time run late in the fourth quarter.

Could history duplicate itself four years later?

Follow along with AllAggies.com over the next week as we preview everything surrounding A&M's matchup with the Pokes.

Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Jaylen Henderson (16) hands off the ball to running back Amari Daniels (4) during the first quarter at Kyle Field.

Mandatory Credit: Maria Lysaker-USA TODAY Sports

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Record: 9-4 (7-3 Big 12)

Head coach: Mike Gundy

Gundy is closing in on his 19th season with the Cowboys. He's 165-79 all-time at Oklahoma State.

Bowl game record: Under Gundy, the Cowboys are 11-6 all-time in bowl games.

Offensive Players to Monitor:

QB Alan Bowman

While far from perfect, Bowman is a veteran who understands offensive concepts and isn't afraid to let one rip. In 13 starts, he completed 59.7 percent of his throws for 3,058 yards and 13 touchdowns against 12 interceptions. He also threw for over 300 yards on four different occasions.

Turnovers seem to come in a bundle. He's recorded three multi-interception performances, including a three-interception performance against Central Florida. He's also been well-protected behind an offensive line that's allowed just nine sacks — seven on Bowman — all season.

RB Ollie Gordon

Gordon is the engine that keeps OSU hanging around. Since Week 4, he's rushed over 100 yards on eight occasions and scored 18 of his 20 touchdowns. Most of his damage also seems to come in the fourth quarter.

Gordon was held to 34 yards against Texas' top-five run defense and only averaged 2.6 yards per run. Outside of that, he's averaged at least 4.1 yards per rush in every game besides the blowout loss to UCF. Gordon also is highly effective as a receiver, averaging 8.8 yards per catch.

WR Brennan Presley

Consistent in the slot, Presley is a ball magnet. He leads the Pokes in receptions (85), yards (839), and receiving touchdowns (6) and has been one of the better receivers in the Big 12. This season, the 5-9 pass-catcher has six games of nine-plus catches, including a 15-reception, 189-yard outing against Houston.

WR Rashod Owens

Consider Owens as the first-down receiver. He's averaging 13.8 yards per catch, and his three touchdowns have all come on plays inside the red zone. Owens led the Pokes in touchdowns against the Longhorns earlier this month with two grabs.

Defensive Players to Monitor:

LB Nickolas Martin

Martin does a bit of everything. He blitzes, defends the run and plays above average for a linebacker in coverage. His 133 tackles are a team-high. So are his six sacks and 10.5 tackles for loss. Martin also ranks second in interceptions (2) and third in forced fumbles (1).

DB Cameron Epps

A building block for the future, Epps could have asked for a better first season as a starter. His team-leading three interceptions carried weight in wins over Cincinnati and Kansas State. His 35 tackles also ranked top-five among Pokes' players.

DB Korie Black

While he only notched one interception, Black did total a team-leading five pass breakups. His 13 tackles ranked fourth among defensive backs, but his lone pick set up a win over West Virginia.

this bowl preview by aggy with an aggy headline lacks any content re: aggy

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/tamu-aggies-no-20-oklahoma-state-cowboys-taxact-texas-bowl

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:
  Hide contents

Texas Bowl Preview: A&M Looks To Secure Eight-Win Season Over No. 20 Oklahoma State

The Aggies hold a 2-1 record playing in the Texas Bowl, as well as a 3-2 record in Houston bowls, and are 3-1 all-time in NRG Stadium.

Cole Thompson

All Aggies Football Network
    23 hours ago

While Texas A&M won't end its 10-game true road game losing streak in Houston come Dec. 27, it can at least extend its winning streak at NRG Stadium.

The Aggies return to the home of the Houston Texans for the first time since 2019 for a showdown in the TaxAct Texas Bowl. Their opponent? A familiar face from the last go-around in front of what should be a vibrant A&M fan base making the trip down the road.

No. 20 Oklahoma State found its way back to Arlington for a shot at the Big 12 title after starting the season off 2-2 with back-to-back losses against South Alabama and Iowa State. Behind the legs of All-American running back Ollie Gordon II and a potent defense, the Cowboys won five straight, including picking up victories over No. 23 Kansas and No. 9 Oklahoma in the final Bedlam Series.

The two programs have distinct similarities to the roster construction entering NRG Stadium. The Aggies lost to an ACC school (Clemson) and finished 4-4 in conference play. The Cowboys featured the nation's leading rusher and had four losses attached to their name.

A&M won 24-21 thanks to a second-half surge from mobile quarterback Kellen Mond. Jaylen Henderson, who started the final three games of the regular season, possesses similar traits to that of the former four-year starter and could break free for a big-time run late in the fourth quarter.

Could history duplicate itself four years later?

Follow along with AllAggies.com over the next week as we preview everything surrounding A&M's matchup with the Pokes.

Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Jaylen Henderson (16) hands off the ball to running back Amari Daniels (4) during the first quarter at Kyle Field.

Mandatory Credit: Maria Lysaker-USA TODAY Sports

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Record: 9-4 (7-3 Big 12)

Head coach: Mike Gundy

Gundy is closing in on his 19th season with the Cowboys. He's 165-79 all-time at Oklahoma State.

Bowl game record: Under Gundy, the Cowboys are 11-6 all-time in bowl games.

Offensive Players to Monitor:

QB Alan Bowman

While far from perfect, Bowman is a veteran who understands offensive concepts and isn't afraid to let one rip. In 13 starts, he completed 59.7 percent of his throws for 3,058 yards and 13 touchdowns against 12 interceptions. He also threw for over 300 yards on four different occasions.

Turnovers seem to come in a bundle. He's recorded three multi-interception performances, including a three-interception performance against Central Florida. He's also been well-protected behind an offensive line that's allowed just nine sacks — seven on Bowman — all season.

RB Ollie Gordon

Gordon is the engine that keeps OSU hanging around. Since Week 4, he's rushed over 100 yards on eight occasions and scored 18 of his 20 touchdowns. Most of his damage also seems to come in the fourth quarter.

Gordon was held to 34 yards against Texas' top-five run defense and only averaged 2.6 yards per run. Outside of that, he's averaged at least 4.1 yards per rush in every game besides the blowout loss to UCF. Gordon also is highly effective as a receiver, averaging 8.8 yards per catch.

WR Brennan Presley

Consistent in the slot, Presley is a ball magnet. He leads the Pokes in receptions (85), yards (839), and receiving touchdowns (6) and has been one of the better receivers in the Big 12. This season, the 5-9 pass-catcher has six games of nine-plus catches, including a 15-reception, 189-yard outing against Houston.

WR Rashod Owens

Consider Owens as the first-down receiver. He's averaging 13.8 yards per catch, and his three touchdowns have all come on plays inside the red zone. Owens led the Pokes in touchdowns against the Longhorns earlier this month with two grabs.

Defensive Players to Monitor:

LB Nickolas Martin

Martin does a bit of everything. He blitzes, defends the run and plays above average for a linebacker in coverage. His 133 tackles are a team-high. So are his six sacks and 10.5 tackles for loss. Martin also ranks second in interceptions (2) and third in forced fumbles (1).

DB Cameron Epps

A building block for the future, Epps could have asked for a better first season as a starter. His team-leading three interceptions carried weight in wins over Cincinnati and Kansas State. His 35 tackles also ranked top-five among Pokes' players.

DB Korie Black

While he only notched one interception, Black did total a team-leading five pass breakups. His 13 tackles ranked fourth among defensive backs, but his lone pick set up a win over West Virginia.

this bowl preview by aggy with an aggy headline lacks any content re: aggy

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/tamu-aggies-no-20-oklahoma-state-cowboys-taxact-texas-bowl

Hope Okie St gets their shit together and beat the shit out of aggy.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

Not just an opportunity. A concrete opportunity. 

Tex-Ags-Gold-King.jpg

And if there's one school that knows about 'concrete and concrete relate accessories', it's those dipshits.  

Of course most of the schools told them that.  They're located in states where the only eligible FBS programs are already in the SEC.  Fucking Aggies have the due diligence expertise of a parent dropping off a kid at the "John Wayne Gacy Nursery & Clown Emporium"  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I was zero days old when I learned that Sansabelt wasnt just the name of the pants, but the way to wear them. 

Because you're 'Sans' knowledge, amirite?

I'll see myself out.  

I'm not judging, but what the fuck did you think "Sansa" meant?  Some sort of Game of Thrones wardrobe-prequel?  

Edited by YGIFS

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

So they can still rip down the goals and carry them off though, right?  

Having the student body leave the basketball arena after pounding aggy, walking over to Jones stadium and tearing down the goalpost would be odd, but they’d have my respect.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Because you're 'Sans' knowledge, amirite?

I'll see myself out.  

I'm not judging, but what the fuck did you think "Sansa" meant?  Some sort of Game of Thrones wardrobe-prequel?  

No, I actually never put any thought to it.  But in that image, the "A" is raised and sans stood out.  

Just now, markstanco said:

No, I actually never put any thought to it.  But in that image, the "A" is raised and sans stood out.  

admitting that when looking at a men's pant ad, your first instinct is to see what "stood out" is the first step in accepting who you are.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the record-this is one of those thread derails that I am actually not responsible for.  But kids were looking through the Amazon toy catalog the other day.  And for fun, I brought up some service merchandise catalog or something from wife and I's youth.  And clicked on some clothing page from the early 80's.  And my oldest goes, with no hint of humor, "Why are those guys all smiling while wearing  those ugly clothes?" 

Perfect encapsulation of Texas A&M.  They're smiling because they think they're wearing Saville Row tailored trousers but they're really wearing Sansabelt slacks from a condemned JC Penney outlet store turned abandoned cab stand.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Cold-fucking-blooded

I actually thought it was warmly acceptable.  Who among us did not discover the genesis of their sexuality with 1980's catalogues and pop culture?  I still remember a magazine of Linda Carter in her Wonder Woman ensemble.  And then that very December, I was home sick from school and some rerun from a few years prior aired on WGN.  And she threw her golden lasso around some heel.  And demanded, "Tell me the Truth!"  And all I thought about was, "Okay, I'll talk.  I like the way your blue, starry fanny looks."  

What the fuck were we talking about again?  Oh yeah, the TaxAct Bowl.  That's a big one Aggies, you're gonna want to hold on to that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1