Black Monday NFL 2022 thread

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

9 wins and an over .500 season isnt good enough to keep a 3 year coach ?  yeah I know its 9 wins in 17 games, but 3 years ago you were 7-9.  i would call that decent improvement.   hell, its better than Jason Garrett did.

They must be confident they can get Harbaugh. 

Brian Flores is a good coach and seems to have turned out as the best head coach to come the Belichick tree. He overachieved with the Dolphins, especially the year they traded away Tunsil and had gutted the team completely by trading their other young talent. His teams fought hard and were well coached. I’d hire him in a second if I was the Jags, Texans or Bears.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

9 wins and an over .500 season isnt good enough to keep a 3 year coach ?  yeah I know its 9 wins in 17 games, but 3 years ago you were 7-9.  i would call that decent improvement.   hell, its better than Jason Garrett did.

plus he really had a hold on his locker room. his guys liked him and wanted to play for him. just a totally tone deaf move that has me rooting against Miami going forward. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Black Monday NFL 2022 thread
28 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

well of course Tua doesn't like him. Tua was never Flores' guy. same reason Grier doesn't have a great relationship with him. Grier sucks at drafting, and kept picking guys who Flores didn't want. there's plenty of guys in that locker room who've been there way longer than Tua who want to go to battle for Brian Flores. 

Edited by shadow_operative

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I thought denver was interested in Dan Quinn. If so they aren’t set on offensive minded HC. 

Valid point. 

Wonder what criteria Denver will use here for hiring next head coach:   their defense was good, but their QB play and offense held them back.  

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah Judge probably fired himself with that QB sneak playcall on 3rd down yesterday... 

Seriously, what the actual fuck? That has to have been a miscommunication or fucked up trick play. Seriously, what the fuck?

Edited by 'stache

The Miami Dolphins made an absolutely shocking decision to let go of the coach who compiled a 24-25 record, who led the Dolphins to a 10-6 record last year, who had a squad that was 1-7 this year … but which FINISHED AT 9-8.

Why????

-- Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

They must be confident they can get Harbaugh. 

Miami's owner is a big time University of Michigan booster and Shefter is saying Ross doesn't want to do anything to ruin Michigan. Of course as an alum himself, Shefter may be speaking from his heart rather than anything he's heard.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

well of course Tua doesn't like him. Tua was never Flores' guy. same reason Grier doesn't have a great relationship with him. Grier sucks at drafting, and kept picking guys who Flores didn't want. there's plenty of guys in that locker room who've been there way longer than Tua who want to go to battle for Brian Flores. 

I think they're idiots for firing Flores. I was posting their rationalization.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Valid point. 

Wonder what criteria Denver will use here for hiring next head coach:   their defense was good, but their QB play and offense held them back.  

Quinn hired Shanahan and then Sark as his OC. Seems like he has a good mind for hiring on that side of the ball.

• Like 1

Some folks still really want Rhule gone... this doesn't help him either... 

"The Panthers hired Matt Rhule two years ago. Rhule has the same 10-23 record Judge has, Carolina lost their last seven games in 2021, and eight of their final nine. Rhule has overseen similarly horrible roster and talent deployment decisions, and if you want to know how clear he is on his own quarterback situation after two full seasons… well, this ain’t good."

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

True; for all of that draft capital the Fins had when they gutted to the studs 3-4 years ago, they have fuck all to show for it…