Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

edit to add - i hope they use our aid cash for exactly this and then tell people about it.  i want vlad to know it was me.

Yeah, I'm chipping in if it helps some 19 year old Boris to not kill or be killed.  That's money well spent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

19 year old (assuming basement dweller neckbeard type) who previously turned down a bribe from Elon Musk to quit tracking his jet...has turned his attention to tracking the private jets of Russian oligarchs. If you are into Twitter, you might take a peek.

Chelsea fans take note!

On 2/27/2022 at 9:47 PM, Anastasis said:

Either deposed and exiled or a bullet to the head seem most likely outcomes.  He is clearly deranged.  Haven't seen anyone offering lines though. 

Would love odds.  He ends up dead, and not from natural causes.  But how soon?  Not soon enough, that's all I know. 

That is the first rifle that have seen that hasn't been a variation of the AK-47. I was actually wondering how many people in Ukraine might happen to have something that isn't a Russian designed weapon. Of course, for all I know, that could be a Russian designed weapon.

Edited by Thrawn

4 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

That is the first rifle that have seen that hasn't been a variation of the AK-47. I was actually wondering how many people in Ukraine might happen to have something that isn't a Russian designed weapon.

It's an airsoft mockup of a Daniel Defense rifle.

But that really not what is important. 

FMnoNOEWQAAg7wM?format=png&name=small

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

19 year old (assuming basement dweller neckbeard type) who previously turned down a bribe from Elon Musk to quit tracking his jet...has turned his attention to tracking the private jets of Russian oligarchs. If you are into Twitter, you might take a peek.

And you can get a hint where the planes are registered by their IDs if they match ITU allocations:

OE - Austria
RA - Russia
P4 - Aruba
LX - Luxembourg
M - Great Britain
D - Germany
N - US
VP - Probably British Virgin Islands, but could be others

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/27/2022 at 8:51 AM, Horn Dog said:

So our brain dead, demented president has managed to, without firing 1 shot, or risking 1 American life, and with the extremely limited tools at his disposal to respond to a mad man hell bent on irrational destruction has managed to:

1.  Completely de-pant Putin by telegraphing with near complete accuracy every move Putin was going to make and having him deny it at every step.

2.  United nearly the entire world opinion against Putin, including a large number of his own citizens.

3.  Achieved near complete economic isolation of Russia and devalued their currency to penny stock status.

4.  Convinced Europe, and specifically Germany to move aggressively away from energy dependence on Russia.

5.  Revealed to the world’s countries that the notion of benign Russia or China is a fallacy and reemphasized the importance of the United States as the only reliable superpower.

6.  Somehow got the far right to again be the wrong side of an issue that no one should get wrong and further splintered the GOP

uh…Lets go Brandon??  

Fucking this. All hail pudding brain!

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

vlad also now has an operational squadron of Su-57s as of 2020

designed to match up with the F-35

i doubt he would risk them on the ukraine

but they are in play

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-57

Oh, so they both suck?

• Hook 'Em 1

It appears Vlad has totally screwed the pooch. He has two options 1) a massive bloodbath and the slaughter of many innocent civilians resulting from the fact that he's going to have to completely destroy Ukraines infrastructure in order to win ---- assuming that is even possible or 2) a humiliating retreat that results in nothing but showing the world that Russia is am impotent power in decline, depleting Russian cash reserves, destroying their economy, and leaving them isolated from the world for the foreseeable future. 

What a fuckup.

• Hook 'Em 3

It appears Vlad has totally screwed the pooch. He has two options 1) a massive bloodbath and the slaughter of many innocent civilians resulting from the fact that he's going to have to completely destroy Ukraines infrastructure in order to win ---- assuming that is even possible or 2) a humiliating retreat that results in nothing but showing the world that Russia is am impotent power in decline, depleting Russian cash reserves, destroying their economy, and leaving them isolated from the world for the foreseeable future. 
What a fuckup.

Or start ww3

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

so the eastern bloc are donating 70 jets:

Poland: 28 MiG-29s

Slovakia: 12 MiG-29s

Bulgaria: 16 MiG-29s

Bulgaria: 14 Su-25s

The Su-25s are close-air-support subsonic ground attack.   Very much conventional, low-tech, think Warthog.

The MiG-29s are decent and in the hands of a competent pilot dangerous to any opposition, but I was really hoping for Eurofighters which could match up and make an even fight of it with the 150 Su-35s the Russians can deploy.  As always we will see what happens but if Vlad commits the Su-35s the -29s stand little chance.

Slovakia and Bulgaria said no, they can’t give up their fighters. The other issue here is that it’s just a count of each nation’s inventory (Slovakia only has 11– they crashed one in 2019).  On a good day maybe half of a fleet of MiG-29s might be ready to fly as these are maintenance heavy aircraft. 

DT thread moves fast but has a lot more on this. 

The young woman that spoke and was holding up that sign said her parents are still over there as well as her sisters, one of which is apparently 5. She said she is 16, but was pretty composed and I thought spoke well in the video. I thought that the donations for UNICEF might be good so that’s why that picture is posted. I will probably go back by there tomorrow and perhaps speak with a few of them. It can be good to hear someone’s story so you can better understand the depth and scope of what is happening half a world away from us and how it is affecting them. It’s also just good to be there for your fellow human beings in times of great sadness or situations like this. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Slovakia and Bulgaria said no, they can’t give up their fighters. The other issue here is that it’s just a count of each nation’s inventory (Slovakia only has 11– they crashed one in 2019).  On a good day maybe half of a fleet of MiG-29s might be ready to fly as these are maintenance heavy aircraft. 

DT thread moves fast but has a lot more on this. 

I wanted to tell you thanks you for the contributions you are making in both threads. I am learning more about what is going on over there through reading your posts as well as several other people who have a far broader knowledge than I do about that part of our world. I think there are many others here who can say the same thing to you as well. Please keep on posting as much as you can about all of this.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Romney has been refreshing. Loved seeing him on CNN saying he was surrounded by morons. He was referring to the replublocrats who suck Putin's tiny dick. 

He's only been one of the morons surrounding Washington forever. That cocksucker has been waiting forever for his time to shine, bouncing around from governor to POTUS candidate, to senator......fuck the trumper GOP but Romney is a neocon GOP leech clinging to another star. Cant believe some of y'all lefties are eating up his bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Chilly Water said:

He's only been one of the morons surrounding Washington forever. That cocksucker has been waiting forever for his time to shine, bouncing around from governor to POTUS candidate, to senator......fuck the trumper GOP but Romney is a neocon GOP leech clinging to another star. Cant believe some of y'all lefties are eating up his bullshit.

they set the bar so low the romneys and rubios can slither right over it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Not sure how much this has been discussed although it shouldn't be a surprise, but the US is under heavy cyber attacks right now from Russian actors. All of our infrastructure, banks, energy, pipelines, etc are getting hammered with everything they can throw at us. They are trying to get a foothold, enough of one to do damage and hit us back for all the sanctions imposed, and they are relentless. Homeland Security has been tapping civilians to come assist with the defense and advisement of how to help protect key assets. Some shit may go down here, hopefully nothing catastrophic, but it's probably not a bad idea to pretend we are still in hurricane season and prep accordingly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

they set the bar so low the romneys and rubios can slither right over it. 

I do not trust Rubio, but whatever. Romney I at least trust to tell the truth. I thought that’s him getting out there and being part of a BLM protest in 2020 when he could’ve done nothing showed that as a human being he is probably a good guy. I also thought he handled himself well in that airport fiasco where he was confronted by a couple of misguided constituents.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Not sure how much this has been discussed although it shouldn't be a surprise, but the US is under heavy cyber attacks right now from Russian actors. All of our infrastructure, banks, energy, pipelines, etc are getting hammered with everything they can throw at us. They are trying to get a foothold, enough of one to do damage and hit us back for all the sanctions imposed, and they are relentless. Homeland Security has been tapping civilians to come assist with the defense and advisement of how to help protect key assets. Some shit may go down here, hopefully nothing catastrophic, but it's probably not a bad idea to pretend we are still in hurricane season and prep accordingly. 

They couldn’t even take down ukraines sites and internet. They can’t even keep their kremlin website up. They are not good at cyber warfare either. 

China is on a whole different fucking level. 

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

They couldn’t even take down ukraines sites and internet. They can’t even keep their kremlin website up. They are not good at cyber warfare either. 

The mythical “Russian Bear” is just that, a myth. I am applying this not to the average Russian, but to their dictator and his sycophants who like to project an image of physical toughness. They are not tough. They just rule through fear like most bullies do.

I continue to be impressed by the Ukrainian people and their fight. 

See these two tweets - Car occupants doing a drive-by molotov cocktailing of a broken down russian tank that is being towed back (passenger even accidentally sets herself on fire for a second while doing it).

And then second tweet showing where to throw the molotov cocktails on different types of russian vehicles.

• Hook 'Em 5