Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

He was a little rusty.  That’s what Rusty Mullet looks like.  I am looking forward to the next 1.5 seasons after he shakes it off.

That’s what the crazy part was. There are plenty of plays where he was a little off or missed open guys… and he still put up what he did.
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That son of a bitch has played 9 quarters of college football. 9 quarters!

He’s going to be so fucking good it’s ridiculous.  

That’s the best part for us / most terrifying for future opponents. Dude is lights out after playing 9 quarters of ball and showed no rust after 3.5 games off. 

He’s only going to get better and better every week with more game reps 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can’t remember which TD pass it was… but when the camera cut back to Ewers after the pass and he had already walked over to the sideline like he knew it was good as soon as he let it go. He is gonna be a good one. 

Like Larry Bird in the three point competition.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Early on in the game when Banks just drive blocked that sooner through the whistle into the end zone and all the sooner fans were pissed I knew this line came to beat mofos down

I posted in the OL thread, but anybody have the clip/gif of this?  Remember it, just want to see it again.

The offensive line did work today but Sark also embarrassed OU's coaching staff. 
All the motion completely confused OU's defensive staff. Which isn't surprising as they have a G5 level defensive staff. 

In ou type situations, when there are no coaches worth big money available, wouldn’t it be better to just take flyers in someone that will take cheap deals you can walk away from when somebody better comes, rather than giving a costly deal to a scrub?

9 hours ago, wood said:

I've said it before, but the more I see Quinn play, the more impressed I am with his overal chill, calm, "Let's go to work" demeanor no matter what the situation is. The guy seems just totally unflappable, and imho is just going to get better and better. Phenomenal presence and poise for a RS Freshman ... in his first TX-ou game ... with just 5 quarters under his belt coming into the game.

yep, he almost threw an INT to start the game, didn't faze him and when he threw the what the fuck was that INT, still didn't faze him.

• Hook 'Em 1

QE finished the game 21 of 31 for 289, 4 TDs and a pick, a league rating of 123.52

rough math using the espn pbp to back out 3rd quarter:

first drive (ended in the pick): 2 incomplete

second drive (ended in bijan td): 3 completions (9+32+15 = -56)

third drive (ended in sanders td): 1 incomplete, 2 completions (including the TD, which was QE's last throw of the game with 1:57 to go in the 3rd) (4+18 = -22)

2nd half: completions -5, incompletes -3, TDs -1, yards -78, picks -1

so his first half numbers were 16 of 23 for 211 & 3 TDs which is a league rating of 137.86 in his 6th and 7th quarters at this level

• Hook 'Em 3

I admit I had some doubts as how crisp he would be when he sat out his senior year at Southlake, then sits a year at Ohio St. Dude is a fucking baller and a badass. Fucking sucks he got hurt against Bama because that would have been an ass whipping (or a win at least) and we for sure beat Tech with him. Just finish this season strong and come out with momentum next year. Maybe we can start to build what we had in the mid 2000s. One can only hope with how shitty we have been for 12 years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

That’s what the crazy part was. There are plenty of plays where he was a little off or missed open guys… and he still put up what he did.

Yep.  He was a little off on a lot of throws.  A little behind or a little high, which is to be expected after not taking live snaps for a month and playing in that atmosphere for the first time.  What you saw yesterday is his floor. I am looking forward to seeing his ceiling.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, wood said:

I've said it before, but the more I see Quinn play, the more impressed I am with his overal chill, calm, "Let's go to work" demeanor no matter what the situation is. The guy seems just totally unflappable, and imho is just going to get better and better. Phenomenal presence and poise for a RS Freshman ... in his first TX-ou game ... with just 5 quarters under his belt coming into the game.

His whole aspect is just... yup, everyone's covered, guns throw a bullet to my fifth read. Whatever. Gimme another pinch of that chaw. All right, 3rd and long, looks like JT's open, boom. Kinda hot day today. Hmm, pressure coming, ok, gonna leg it here. I think I'll need to turn that turkey marinating in the fridge. X is "open" if I can thread a needle between 3 defenders... yep, I can. Hand me that case of Lite beer, will ya? 

He plays QB like he's chillin at his backyard BBQ.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

RBs are the biggest benefactors of having Ewers. Teams can't load the box. Bijan loves him some Ewers.

TEs too. They eating bc Ewers actually goes through progressions and finds them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

His whole aspect is just... yup, everyone's covered, guns throw a bullet to my fifth read. Whatever. Gimme another pinch of that chaw. All right, 3rd and long, looks like JT's open, boom. Kinda hot day today. Hmm, pressure coming, ok, gonna leg it here. I think I'll need to turn that turkey marinating in the fridge. X is "open" if I can thread a needle between 3 defenders... yep, I can. Hand me that case of Lite beer, will ya? 

Sort of reminds me of the story from one of the 49ers lineman about the 1989 Super Bowl versus the Bengals. They’re in the huddle with 90 yards from the end zone and a few minutes left to play, and Montana looks at the crowd and says, “Hey, there’s John Candy.” He goes on to lead his team on one of the more epic come-from-behind drives to win the championship.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Sort of reminds me of the story from one of the 49ers lineman about the 1989 Super Bowl versus the Bengals. They’re in the huddle with 90 yards from the end zone and a few minutes left to play, and Montana looks at the crowd and says, “Hey, there’s John Candy.” He goes on to lead his team on one of the more epic come-from-behind drives to win the championship.

Or maybe VY’s “I got this, Coach”.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

Remember when he de-committed because Tom was talking shit about him.  Tom, you dumbfuck…

Imagine if he didn’t and was here for Sark in 2021 (if he had the NIL money from us to go into college early)

30 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Exactly.

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Yep. I was telling my kid at the game that he already has the mental aspect nailed. When he develops more consistent touch and accuracy, he's gonna be one helluva headache for the D.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet