Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

40 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean that’s objectively absurd if it was an SC sprain. But fuck let’s goooo

He was only throwing short, *gentle* passes.  That said, we don't know if that is because he was told to or if he is holding back.  I'd guess 90% he was told to, but could throw harder.  Why waste him and risk further injury for UTSA?

5 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Any hope he’s back this week or most likely WV?

He’s going to travel with the team and be the back up option at QB. This isn’t sourced or anything, so so with that as you may. 
This week the backup option was RoCat. Next week the RoCat will still be a change of pace but it Card goes down I bet you see Ewers. Or if the game gets unmanageable maybe you see him. 

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's gotten past the first hurdle of being able to throw again.  I would bet he will be pretty close to being able to throw full speed by the weekend.  The issue is if it's healed enough to take hits without being re-injured. 

Maybe that will motivate the O-line. 

33 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's gotten past the first hurdle of being able to throw again.  I would bet he will be pretty close to being able to throw full speed by the weekend.  The issue is if it's healed enough to take hits without being re-injured. 

This sounds plausible to me. Maybe drill it into his head this week that when in doubt just throw the ball away -- do everything you possibly can to avoid a hit.

Sam Bradford was a grade 3 (dislocation) back in 2009. He sat out ~3 games then played clean vs Baylor, then Aaron Williams ended his college career. 

saying that to ask if there’s really any difference of reinjury potential between 2 wks off and say 4 wks off or does ewers need an off-season to fully heal (back to normal pre injury) and it’s really just a matter time off regarding pain and joint mobility? ^Big time word salad. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Can we make some sort of - bear with me - superquarterback here with an injured Ewers on top of Card's shoulders? This would leave him less vulnerable to direct hits while also granting him increased mobility. 

I proposed something like this last year. A 2 qb system where Casey took the snaps and made the reads but would hand it to Hudson if it was an intermediate or deep pass (this was in the preseason when the narrative was Card had a better intermediate to deep ball but Casey was better short and knew the offense better)

That didn't gain much traction, but perhaps this is the year. Quinn takes the snap, makes the read, and makes all the throws, but if he is going to be sacked then he hands it to Hudson to take the hit. 

If we're worried about Tech playing dirty and twisting Hudson's ankle, then when Hudson gets sacked and is at the bottom of a pile, he and Quinn can switch back so that they're twisting Quinn's healthy ankle instead. Player safety is always paramount

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I proposed something like this last year. A 2 qb system where Casey took the snaps and made the reads but would hand it to Hudson if it was an intermediate or deep pass (this was in the preseason when the narrative was Card had a better intermediate to deep ball but Casey was better short and knew the offense better)

That didn't gain much traction, but perhaps this is the year. Quinn takes the snap, makes the read, and makes all the throws, but if he is going to be sacked then he hands it to Hudson to take the hit. 

If we're worried about Tech playing dirty and twisting Hudson's ankle, then when Hudson gets sacked and is at the bottom of a pile, he and Quinn can switch back so that they're twisting Quinn's healthy ankle instead. Player safety is always paramount

This is all unnecessary. Just have Kelvin Banks hide the football under his shirt and run to the end zone. Back in the late 50s that worked like a charm in the street games we would play in Lampasas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

This sounds plausible to me. Maybe drill it into his head this week that when in doubt just throw the ball away -- do everything you possibly can to avoid a hit.

Show him tape of Payton taking sacks as his line collapsed.   He would essentially kneel and live to fight another day.

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Sam Bradford was a grade 3 (dislocation) back in 2009. He sat out ~3 games then played clean vs Baylor, then Aaron Williams ended his college career. 

saying that to ask if there’s really any difference of reinjury potential between 2 wks off and say 4 wks off or does ewers need an off-season to fully heal (back to normal pre injury) and it’s really just a matter time off regarding pain and joint mobility? ^Big time word salad. 

He was a grade 2. Became a grade 3 with the hit. And it was his AC. Completely different injury

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/18/2022 at 12:47 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s going to travel with the team and be the back up option at QB. This isn’t sourced or anything, so so with that as you may. 
This week the backup option was RoCat. Next week the RoCat will still be a change of pace but it Card goes down I bet you see Ewers. Or if the game gets unmanageable maybe you see him. 

If he's traveling, he's playing. You can only travel 65, you aren't going to waste a spot on a guy, the starting QB no less, unless he's playing.

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We need a 1999 regular season game against Nebraska performance from the OL. Applewhite wasn't hit the entire game.

So the opposite of the Nebraska big 12 game 10 years later. Still salty about how they beat up Colt, but fuck those putos we still won.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

If he's traveling, he's playing. You can only travel 65, you aren't going to waste a spot on a guy, the starting QB no less, unless he's playing.

Yes - you are - because Tech won't know whether he's playing or not. 

Ewers is 100% making the trip regardless of health. 

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes - you are - because Tech won't know whether he's playing or not. 

This makes no sense. By the time Tech finds out whether or not Ewers made the trip, they aren't practicing anymore. They are going to have to prepare for him playing all week, there isn't much they can do on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What do you have?

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/18/2022 at 12:34 PM, Coach pop a bitch said:

Somebody check my work here. VY slaps the hell outta Quinn's right asscheek and says: "Whats up, babygarl? You betta have fun mothafucka, enjoy yourself." Is that accurate? And then the Texas Football socials posted the video. And we're just not talking about it at all? 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet