Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

I’d like to go all texags permaban style on any and all assholes that called for Ewers to be benched and or Murphy to get reps. Haha. Jk, but seriously, fuck you guys. I hope this is just the beginning for Ewers and we ride him to a playoff with a heisman trophy. That’s a lot of kool aid but a man can dream. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Goddamn badass finally showed out. Gutsy performance standing in the pocket and delivering with those guys coming for him hard. 

Didn't get help from receivers or RBs really but scheme he was helped a lot. 

Great game kid really deserves it

He owed those fuckers for messing up a chunk of his (and the teams) season last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Really happy to see Quinn shine and take control. A game we sorely needed. Hopefully, this is also a reversal of fortune from the last 13 years. Happy to eat crow. This is the Quinn that was promised and now that the team has that confidence that can only come from beating a team like Bama in their own house hopefully they are able to hoist that Big 12 trophy as well. Love to finally see my team on the upswing and hope we stay on it for years to come. Now let’s go throttle the Big 12! Congrats to Quinn, Sark and the whole damn team. Let’s go! Stay healthy guys. Proud of y’all! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

What I love most about Ewer’s performance last night was that the two deep ball touchdowns were slightly different throws. Worthy’s was a moon ball and Mitchell’s was a little flatter. That’s great. 

I'd like to hear Craig's call on the one to Mitchell. Dude had to be going crazy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

What I love most about Ewer’s performance last night was that the two deep ball touchdowns were slightly different throws. Worthy’s was a moon ball and Mitchell’s was a little flatter. That’s great. 

The one to X was a strange throw and he certainly could have made it easier. The one to Mitchell was so money though. 

Quinn looked so much more confident and comfortable in the pocket, especially in the 2nd half. He was stepping up in the pocket, didn’t do any back foot stuff, his footwork looked clean. This was worlds different from last season and even last week.

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The one to X was a strange throw and he certainly could have made it easier. The one to Mitchell was so money though. 

Quinn looked so much more confident and comfortable in the pocket, especially in the 2nd half. He was stepping up in the pocket, didn’t do any back foot stuff, his footwork looked clean. This was worlds different from last season and even last week.

Props to the line.   The big uglies played great. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Great game for Quinn!  Glad to see him settle down and play very well in the toughest environment the team has played in of late.  Reminded me of that Ohio State home streak ending win that was the start of something great.

Now what I want to see is enough domination to where we can get the Murphy in for some more real game day experience.  Simply as if we can roll along as we hope to, having the second stringer get solid reps can often be the difference in reaching that ultimate goal and falling just short because of a QB injury in a late big game.

Funniest thing about the game was when Ewers unleashed that sky ball to the endzone, my wife exclaimed "that's a crappy pass!" right before it was reeled in for a TD!  

Tip fo the hat to Ewers, he did what he needed to do. Mover from a great QB on paper, to a great QB against a very formidable opponent.  It must have felt great for him to come back after being knocked out of game last year and to have such a great performance.  I also was very appreciative of his humbleness after the game.  I think this performance bodes very, well for Ewers going forward, as QB is as much about confidence as it is talent.  The deep ball may still be an issue long term, but last night the deep ball sure wasn't a weakness!

Hook'em!

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet