Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

1 minute ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Did they say it was a SC sprain?  More likely an AC sprain. 

Sark's first presser question was for an update on Ewers and he responded and i quote "he has a clavicle sprain"

i googled clavicle sprain

this was the first result

https://www.sportsmedtoday.com/sternoclavicular-sc-sprains-va-114.htm

i knew there would be tons of confusion over AC vs. SC so i started a thread on it

pancho closed it before i could post this:

https://www.melbournehandtherapy.com.au/conditions-treated/shoulder-joint-injuries-acromioclavicular-ac-and-sternoclavicular-sc/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

this sounds like the minor key reprise of "We almost beat #6 Oklahoma, no way we lose to Kansas" from last year. Or "We almost beat #1 LSU, no way we lose to Iowa State" from 2019.

Texas will not be back until we beat the teams we're supposed to beat. Full stop. Lose to UTSA or TTU and we're right back where we started.

It’s not about being “back.” Whatever that means. It’s limited entirely to not being able to win with Card, which is literally what was said (despite him backing away from it a bit now). Obviously it lowers the team’s ceiling, but unless he’s out for the season, I don’t see why we’re doomed looking at the next few weeks.

this sounds like the minor key reprise of "We almost beat #6 Oklahoma, no way we lose to Kansas" from last year. Or "We almost beat #1 LSU, no way we lose to Iowa State" from 2019.
Texas will not be back until we beat the teams we're supposed to beat. Full stop. Lose to UTSA or TTU and we're right back where we started.

Your schtick is most tiresome
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

This is genuinely the maddest about a game I have been since 2015 okie state. The horrific officiating today not only affected the outcome, but was so utterly lopsided and ridiculous that it genuinely calls into question how the game can possibly be allowed to stand to any objective observer. That was so unbelievably bad. 

and this was the same crew as last year’s ou game that just utterly fucked us left and right as well. If our athletic dept doesn’t start doing something about this garbage, I don’t know what else to say. 

We should leave the Big12.

I’m mad a hell to Eddie! The absolute worst officiating crew ever. And that’s sayin something.

Damn proud of this team. Faced adversity, stood tall and leaned into it. Unfortunately, it just didn’t bounce our way today. The team played all game long, with passion and control.

The near future looks bright. Even brighter once we leave the B12!

Hookem

• Hook 'Em 2

Man, a lotta ifs in this game.  What if Neyor played, what if on the safety, PI call, missed safety blitz…

but I expected to see Texas show up against Marvel super heroes and from the beginning Texas looked ready and physically the equal of Alabama.  I expected to fade and for 3.3 quarters they outplayed Bama.   
Showed a lotta heart today.  If this defense shows up every week we might end up pretty damn salty this year. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

There is not a team in the entire sport of football that can lose their starter and not take a step back, unless they were shitty to begin with. This is one of the dumbest fucking statements I have read on this board, and that is truly saying something 

Well David is a worthless sack of shit so not surprising.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

He saw Young's helmet askew and he's terrible at his job. That's how. 

Ding ding ding. He somehow ignored the entire sequence of events and threw his flag because Young’s helmet got turned. That’s absurd.

I do worry about our ability to win with Card. Even against teams like UTSA. We need the oline to dominate the line of scrimmage. 
That said, UTSA looked like shit today and went to OT with Army so we should handle that just fine.

4 minutes ago, General Specific said:

I’m mad a hell to Eddie! The absolute worst officiating crew ever. And that’s sayin something.

Damn proud of this team. Faced adversity, stood tall and leaned into it. Unfortunately, it just didn’t bounce our way today. The team played all game long, with passion and control.

The near future looks bright. Even brighter once we leave the B12!

Hookem

Was the officiating poor? yes. Did it cost us the game? No.  All those calls against Alabama are what helped keep us close. 

Edited by GeorgetownLaw
  • Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Was the officiating poor? yes. Did it cost us the game? No.  All those calls against Alabama is what helped keep us close. 

They 100% cost us the game. Alabama got away with murder that game despite being flagged 15 times. They were a horribly undisciplined team and deserved a far harsher punishment from the refs. That injustice 100% cost us the game.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The calls they made were because Alabama cheated. That's not the calls keeping us close, that's proper officiating. This argument from some people that you can't complain about the 10 crucial missed calls because they made 15 correct calls is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. Making correct calls is literally their job. 

That is their job. They didn’t do it very well but they didn’t cost the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

They had to take out our QB with the dirtiest move in all sports. Fuck Nick Saban and his dirty motherfucking players. 

I’m so proud of this team right now. We fought hard. The future is bright. 

I'm not commenting on whether the play was dirty or not, just an observation.

It's fascinating how rules changes affect fans' perceptions.  Not many years ago at all, that play is not a penalty, and it's unlikely anybody thinks twice about it.  Once they made it illegal, now fans assume it's malicious intent and a "dirty/cheap" shot.

I've seen the same thing with the horse collar rule.  Before that became a penalty, nobody so much as commented on it.  But now when you see a horse collar tackle, fans are up in arms because "he's trying to injure him!"

Ditto for targeting.  I think it was Joel Klatt who got knocked loopy by a Texas player (and there's a million examples for every team) and the fans loved it, and before the rule change, it was unusual that people got up in arms about it or assigned intent to injure.

Interesting phenomenon.

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm disappointed in the outcome, and I'm enraged at the officiating.  Still, to lose our starting QB and still hang tough with Bama is extremely encouraging.

What I want to see from here on out is Texas beating the teams that we should, on paper, roll over.  There is no reason we should lose to schools like Kansas this season.  Overall I was pleased with the effort against Bama today.  I want to see this same level of preparation, effort, and intensity every week.  If we do that, I think we could have a very good season.  Time will tell.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Was the officiating poor? yes. Did it cost us the game? No.  All those calls against Alabama is what helped keep us close. 

All those calls went against Bama were because they were either undisplined or couldn’t cover our receivers without holding/PI. They were forced into those penalties.

We were blatantly robbed of two points at the very least, which swings the difference in the game in our favor. Could have been at least four more after the missed facemask that would have given us first and goal. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, sidis said:

This is genuinely the maddest about a game I have been since 2015 okie state. The horrific officiating today not only affected the outcome, but was so utterly lopsided and ridiculous that it genuinely calls into question how the game can possibly be allowed to stand to any objective observer. That was so unbelievably bad. 

and this was the same crew as last year’s ou game that just utterly fucked us left and right as well. If our athletic dept doesn’t start doing something about this garbage, I don’t know what else to say. 

What can they do though? It seems like teams complain to Big 12 offices, but what actually happens?  Just a slap on the wrist and an apology?  

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Missed facemask to make it 1st and goal from about the 2. Missed intentional grounding for a safety. Those two calls could very well have cost the game.

The “missed intentional grounding” was the right call. I had to rewatch, but the “pass” hit off of Overshown’s helmet. Same as if he would’ve batted it down. Now, was it a “real pass”? No, but the rules are rules. No way was that a real pass by Young, but the refs got it right unfortunately. 

Just now, Azbadlands said:

What can they do though? It seems like teams complain to Big 12 offices, but what actually happens?  Just a slap on the wrist and an apology?  

Lsu fan perspective.  You got hosed and get used to it and doesn't get any better in the SEC you have to beat Alabama and the stripes every f****** game.

Crazy that you came that close with card my God hes terrible is that really the 2nd best quarterback on the team?

2 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

They 100% cost us the game. Alabama got away with murder that game despite being flagged 15 times. They were a horribly undisciplined team and deserved a far harsher punishment from the refs. That injustice 100% cost us the game.

If we didn’t shank a FG, what would have been the final outcome?

STFU

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The calls they made were because Alabama cheated. That's not the calls keeping us close, that's proper officiating. This argument from some people that you can't complain about the 10 crucial missed calls because they made 15 correct calls is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. Making correct calls is literally their job. 

Well he’s a lawyer.

Man what a game. So many moments that could've turned it our way - the early Worthy dropped TD, Jamison's dropped INT, Watts missed sack (and the non-holding on that play), the missed FG, the safety that wasn't called, the facemask that wasn't called...unbelievable. And that's without even mentioning the Ewers injury.

I'm still shocked by A) how good Ewers looked before he got hurt. Looked like a superstar already. and B) how good the defense looked. Night and day vs last year. 

If you had told me before the game we'd lose by 1, I'd have taken it all day. But damn, we should've won that game.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3