Texas at UH in 2023, per Chron

Pancho

We have 0 leverage with the Big 12 so them finding ways to screw us/piss us off is to be expected. Considering they already had the 2021 schedule set when the move leaked & there's not much of a chance for change in the 2022 season we haven't really felt the brunt of it. That all changes next year & the next if we don't get out. I fully expect Thursday night games & road games to pretty much every city w/ bye weeks as inconvenient as possible. It'll be Shawshank style where we crawl through 2 years worth of shit before we make it to the beautiful SEC-land & the mounds of money waiting for us.

The analogy would be even better if we could leave in 2024 but OU couldn't & they could be Red finding the note after they get out of prison - "SEC-land" - they'll say with a knowing smile as they load up their covered wagon. They show up to SEC-land barefoot (because they're OU & probably sold their shoes for meth along the way) & find us on the beach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

ticket prices better fall

HA, no sir, the damage is already done. Greed has already caught up with the last 5-6 years of very reasonable prices given the product. NEZ is now Tier 2 for new accounts. If I was not grandfathered, I would not be paying Tier 2 rates. I understand the 7 home games this year vs 6, but going from 455 to 640 was pretty extreme to me. ou now being $175 is also robbery. They are getting us back very quickly for the last few years of plateau. SMH. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Me the first time you used that joke:

tenor-254777274.gif.f955ee211cb51c40e66d4757fbead513.gif

Me the second time you used that joke 5 minutes after the first time

tenor-112544115.gif.0710b8a01996bbad5cde0873a3f79143.gif

Me the third time you used the joke 10 minutes after the second time

tenor-69383357.gif.54e34c97dccbbf320f94ced9cd966a65.gif

Me after the 50th time you used the joke in a span of 48 hours

tenor-197305344.gif.e23d82bf34e8fae7621177229f010a59.gif

YARN | Didn't you... Didn't you make that joke the other day? | Family Guy  (1999) - S08E02 Comedy | Video clips by quotes | 0aeba038 | 紗

23 minutes ago, hook me said:

We have 0 leverage with the Big 12 so them finding ways to screw us/piss us off is to be expected.

How did the voting of the 4 new schools work?  I would imagine it would have to be unanimous, and TX/OU would negotiate a lower buyout or earlier exit.  Guess your statement stands correct. 

Who cares,  two years with possibly easier schedules to play in the Big 12 Championship  and maybe playoff birth if the team can somehow learn how to win close games.  I don’t see the issue.  We can complain about refs in the Big 12 all day but they had plenty of chances to win every game this year still. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

How did the voting of the 4 new schools work?  I would imagine it would have to be unanimous, and TX/OU would negotiate a lower buyout or earlier exit.  Guess your statement stands correct. 

If I remember correctly UT & OU abstained from voting on expansion.

“Today’s actions were in accordance with Big 12 Conference Bylaw 1.5.2.b.3 requiring an affirmative vote of a supermajority of directors and was approved unanimously by the eight continuing members," the Big 12 said in a statement.

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Who cares,  two years with possibly easier schedules to play in the Big 12 Championship  and maybe playoff birth if the team can somehow learn how to win close games.  I don’t see the issue.  We can complain about refs in the Big 12 all day but they had plenty of chances to win every game this year still. 

Exactly. I am not excited about taking our dysfunctional program to the SEC to go 4-8. Beat up on Houston and UCF or whomever? Bring it on. Let's go in with a deep talented team with a winning culture. We can build that over the next couple years while using SECSECSEC as the recruiting pitch.

Hopefully some one legged BYU QB doesn't run for 250 yards against us in the meantime.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

When we announced we were leaving we lost our vote.

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

* berth

No one is making babies here.

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Any time we play @ Rice they move the game to NRG. I’m assuming they’ll do the same when we play at UH? 

IT saying it was noticeable the article mentioned playing TCU at UH’s home stadium but didn’t say that for the Texas game.

Nahlin saying his source who tipped him off about this game didn’t know which stadium, and he’s speculating the only reason it’s on the schedule is to be played at NRG.

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Any time we play @ Rice they move the game to NRG. I’m assuming they’ll do the same when we play at UH? 

Why would they? It gives Texas a massive home field advantage. They will play this on campus.

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Exactly. I am not excited about taking our dysfunctional program to the SEC to go 4-8. Beat up on Houston and UCF or whomever? Bring it on. Let's go in with a deep talented team with a winning culture. We can build that over the next couple years while using SECSECSEC as the recruiting pitch.

Hopefully some one legged BYU QB doesn't run for 250 yards against us in the meantime.

The schedule isn't going to be harder in the sec.

• Hook 'Em 2

People seem to think we’re gonna get stuck with games against all the four new teams on the road, but why would WVu, ISU, TCU and Baylor be ok with potentially losing one last home game against UT? I’m guessing we end up with one new home and one new away game with the ones getting displaced ( especially the home games) raising holy hell

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

If I recall correctly,  the B12 is incorporated in the state of Texas.

So it should be easy peasy.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-12-believes-american-is-attempting-to-grab-eight-remaining-members-with-texas-oklahoma-leaving-for-sec/

HQ in Texas incorporated in Delaware

and the remaining members of the Big 12 are fucking stupid they never should have added UH yo start with they had Texas covered and UH will fall to a pile of stinking shit soon enough just like in the SWC

in addition as pointed out above why would any of the existing members give up the Texas and OU home game paydays to new members the new members should get a shit sandwich of a schedule not top draws at home

14 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

People seem to think we’re gonna get stuck with games against all the four new teams on the road, but why would WVu, ISU, TCU and Baylor be ok with potentially losing one last home game against UT? I’m guessing we end up with one new home and one new away game with the ones getting displaced ( especially the home games) raising holy hell

this is my thinking as well. 

add in the TV angles to fox trying to squeeze the last few dollars out of things, I am skeptical it will be as bad as some of the takes upthread from here. 

if anything I'd think our HOME slate is where we see all these teams we don't give a shit about, and get TCU / OSU / KSU / Tech back to fucking back on the road to close out the year 

And our bye week super early or late in the year when it isn't useful 

And every team having a bye week before us

Thats how you properly fuck a team on the way out 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

1 hour ago, WBT said:

The schedule isn't going to be harder in the sec.

It will in the new SEC. We won't be scheduling four cupcakes like A&M (and then losing to one anyway). It is going to be a nine conference game grind for us there just like here.

Though kudos to them for scheduling Miami this year I guess.

3 hours ago, ultimaton said:

When we announced we were leaving we lost our vote.

If this is true what was the point (or benefit) of announcing we were leaving? UT and OU could have kept silent and voting as Big12 members until the GoR expired in 2025 and just ghosted everyone. 

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If this is true what was the point (or benefit) of announcing we were leaving? UT and OU could have kept silent and voting as Big12 members until the GoR expired in 2025 and just ghosted everyone. 

Well we had to formally request membership in the SEC and that is pretty public act that would have let the cat out of the bag had aggy not gone crying like a bitch to the media trying to short circuit things.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

seems another angle we should have taken regarding this influx of 4 teams to the big 12 next year.

Texas and ou were specifically told we couldnt vote on the expansion.

so if we couldnt vote on the expansion, why the fuck cant we just say that we refuse to play any of the 4 new teams.    take a forfeit and walk away. fuck em.

Unless there is something in the bylaws that allows that they should have been told to fucking blow it out their ass.

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Unless there is something in the bylaws that allows that they should have been told to fucking blow it out their ass.

in the Big 12 bylaws if you are contacted by any party (anyone not just a conference director so no Chuck Neinas calling for "a friend") about leaving the conference you have 12 hours to notify the conference of that contact AND to issue a written statement that is acceptable to the conference of your denial of any intentions to leave the conference

failure to do so disqualifies you from any votes on future conference business until the issue is resolved

Texas and OU very clearly violated that clause which is a legal issue in and of itself, but then while Texas and OU were violating that clause the Big 12 had discussions with media partners about extending the current TV deal and a vote was made (including votes by Texas and OU) to decline to extend the deal at that time and wait to go to market

that creates a much larger potential legal issue for Texas and OU......then you add in the jackass arresto that is the commissioner of the AAC not knowing how to use fucking email and forwarding emails that showed a very high likelihood of ESPN and the AAC colluding to lure teams from the Big 12 in hopes of busting up the Big 12 and suddenly "OU has a money problem" and needs to wait to exit the conference

but of course there is no savings at all for waiting to leave the conference because the exit fee is "two prior years distributions" and those distributions grow each year

but those exit fees when Texas and OU announced would have been about $80 million and it was said that Texas had $100 in hand and ready to pay to leave......most likely $20 million more to bust the GOR and GTFO ASAP and one would have to think that OU could do the same

but then the AAC emails pop up and people get pissed off and ESPN realized they could get really fucked and Big 12 members stop panicking so bad and join in to say "nope just stay and pay about $90 million each to leave in a few years" and "PS EPSN start to negotiate with us in good faith on things like a new contract, The Sugar Bowl, and remaining a P level conference and equal shares of the CFB Playoff (which of course ESPN does not really control the last aspect of things even if they pay the money, but they pay the money so they can tell other P conferences the Big 12 still gets their full share

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

BigXII just got new tv contracts. I’m guessing we exit after ‘23. 

The negotiation for the new deal starts after this one ends, so not till 25.   Financially buying out two years early makes no sense, so I don’t understand why everyone is shocked they aren’t doing it.  Difference between revenue per school this year is SEC, 55 million and Big 12, 43 million.   Gap gets a bit bigger next couple years but nothing crazy to make up the difference. 

Edited by Hook1997

5 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

The negotiation for the new deal starts after this one ends, so not till 25.   Financially buying out two years early makes no sense, so I don’t understand why everyone is shocked they aren’t doing it.  Difference between revenue per school this year is SEC, 55 million and Big 12, 43 million.   Gap gets a bit bigger next couple years but nothing crazy to make up the difference. 

Shut up pussy.  The money we lose in this conference having 14 teams split the revenue + buyout will be negligible to the money we get in the SEC.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I think the bigger issue was the BigXII had no motivation to negotiate an early exit when their future was in doubt. Now that membership and tv money will be there, there’s an opportunity to leave before 2025 and without getting stuck for $20million. ESPN isn’t going to freak out if TX an OU leave two years early bc they just bought the BigXII product without those schools. 

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

in the Big 12 bylaws if you are contacted by any party (anyone not just a conference director so no Chuck Neinas calling for "a friend") about leaving the conference you have 12 hours to notify the conference of that contact AND to issue a written statement that is acceptable to the conference of your denial of any intentions to leave the conference

failure to do so disqualifies you from any votes on future conference business until the issue is resolved

Texas and OU very clearly violated that clause which is a legal issue in and of itself, but then while Texas and OU were violating that clause the Big 12 had discussions with media partners about extending the current TV deal and a vote was made (including votes by Texas and OU) to decline to extend the deal at that time and wait to go to market

that creates a much larger potential legal issue for Texas and OU......then you add in the jackass arresto that is the commissioner of the AAC not knowing how to use fucking email and forwarding emails that showed a very high likelihood of ESPN and the AAC colluding to lure teams from the Big 12 in hopes of busting up the Big 12 and suddenly "OU has a money problem" and needs to wait to exit the conference

but of course there is no savings at all for waiting to leave the conference because the exit fee is "two prior years distributions" and those distributions grow each year

but those exit fees when Texas and OU announced would have been about $80 million and it was said that Texas had $100 in hand and ready to pay to leave......most likely $20 million more to bust the GOR and GTFO ASAP and one would have to think that OU could do the same

but then the AAC emails pop up and people get pissed off and ESPN realized they could get really fucked and Big 12 members stop panicking so bad and join in to say "nope just stay and pay about $90 million each to leave in a few years" and "PS EPSN start to negotiate with us in good faith on things like a new contract, The Sugar Bowl, and remaining a P level conference and equal shares of the CFB Playoff (which of course ESPN does not really control the last aspect of things even if they pay the money, but they pay the money so they can tell other P conferences the Big 12 still gets their full share

+rep, but can you please start your sentences with capital letters?

Punctuation at the end of sentences would be a bonus. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1