Welcome to Costco .....

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, baboso said:

Compared to the Scott singly ply in my office shitters, Kirkland toilet paper is like wiping your ass with a huge fluffy cotton ball.

My starfish in March '20 as the shift to remote work from home meant never enduring that 30 grit, single-ply bullshit stocked in our office shitters. 

Im Free Andy Dufresne GIF - Im Free Andy Dufresne The ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Kirkland toilet paper fucking sucks and I’m pissed I see lots of carts at Costco carrying it. “Maybe they know something that I don’t”…Should’ve stuck with charmin soft, now we have this shit to deal with the next few weeks. Won’t get mad at kid for unraveling it
Their paper towels though are legit bountyesque

we made that mistake.  once.  just return it.  

• Like 1

One time I was in a hurry and there were just too damn many folks clogging (pun intended) the area, so I grabbed some Kirkland.  When I got home the wife was pissed, that I did not get the Charmin.  I lied and said, they for some reason they did not have any in stock.  Only lie I've told her in a long time.  I won't do either again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2023 at 5:32 AM, baboso said:

Compared to the Scott singly ply in my office shitters, Kirkland toilet paper is like wiping your ass with a huge fluffy cotton ball.

The pro move is to keep a roll of Charmin Ultra in a locked desk drawer.  Then you can silently announce your morning shit whilst humble bragging about your regularity, while just strolling to the John with your premium TP every morning.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

The pro move is to keep a roll of Charmin Ultra in a locked desk drawer.  Then you can silently announce your morning shit whilst humble bragging about your regularity, while just strolling to the John with your premium TP every morning.

Had a boss who would do this with baby wipes every morning. Lol. If you saw him with those wipes in his hand there was no doubt what he was up to. 

Are all you dudes getting banged in the ass regularly?  NTTIAWWT. 
The very last thing I want to go big on cost for is toilet paper.  More money for good beer.

Charmin soft and Kirkland are the same price. You get more rolls of Kirkland. But their rolls suck, probably get more actual paper with charmin.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

And now, Costco is testing out a system that requires members to scan their membership cards at the store entrance — instead of just flashing the card to employees. Shoppers have spotted the new scanners at a store in Washington State and posted photos on Reddit.

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

Discount tries very hard to match everyone else, if you take a price from somewhere to them, they usually will match it (total, with mount balance tax). And their service is way better than the Costco tire centers I've tried.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I didn't know Costco Centers had free air station.  I pumped up a family vehicle at gas station for $2 bucks.  I knew the machine was a ripoff when it had an NFC scanner and goddamn Apple Wallet logo on it.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:15 AM, Dutch said:

What they really need to do is bring back the combo pizza.  The pepperoni is awesome, the half pep, half cheese slams, but sometimes you're in the mood for a combo slice. 

That isn't a combo. it's just a pizza that is half pepperoni.

Yall need to tell me what I'm doing wrong at the food court. I love a cheap eat and a good value and I skip the food every time. I wouldn't eat the pizza if it was free. The hot dog? A decent dog itself, but the topping are fluorescent relish, high viz mustard, and ketchup? Nah, I'm good.

I might have had a Costco membership for a hot minute many moons ago but my times strolling thru a Costco could be counted on one hand and there isn't one very close to where I live near Love Field until pretty recently (it's still not super convenient). My in-laws, OTOH, go all the time. We have our on-again, off-again houseguest (wife's good friend who is going through a not good situation in life) back with us this week and she brought home a Kirkland rotisserie chicken. That bird slams and goes hard. (I've seen the online clips where the guy rates rotisserie chickens and says the stores/markets typically use the absolute cheapest chickens they can get for the rotisserie but I digress.) This Kirkland bird is/was better than any other I've run across from Central Market, Whole Foods, Kroger, Tom Thumb or even Velvet Taco's "backdoor chicken" deal.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That CostCo yardbird is practically the definition of a "loss leader".

$4.99 at my local. 

I get one every couple of weeks, eat it at lunch or dinner, shred the meat and use the carcass for stock and the meat for soups, sandwiches, tacos, casseroles, etc etc etc. 

The last one I picked up was easily half again bigger than any grocery rotisserie chicken. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

He's talking about three separate pizzas.

Yup. They used to have three pizza options: cheese, pepperoni, and combo (what they called a "supreme").  

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I might have had a Costco membership for a hot minute many moons ago but my times strolling thru a Costco could be counted on one hand and there isn't one very close to where I live near Love Field until pretty recently (it's still not super convenient). My in-laws, OTOH, go all the time. We have our on-again, off-again houseguest (wife's good friend who is going through a not good situation in life) back with us this week and she brought home a Kirkland rotisserie chicken. That bird slams and goes hard. (I've seen the online clips where the guy rates rotisserie chickens and says the stores/markets typically use the absolute cheapest chickens they can get for the rotisserie but I digress.) This Kirkland bird is/was better than any other I've run across from Central Market, Whole Foods, Kroger, Tom Thumb or even Velvet Taco's "backdoor chicken" deal.

24 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

$4.99 at my local. 

I get one every couple of weeks, eat it at lunch or dinner, shred the meat and use the carcass for stock and the meat for soups, sandwiches, tacos, casseroles, etc etc etc. 

The last one I picked up was easily half again bigger than any grocery rotisserie chicken. 

The Costco rotisserie chicken is one of the best and most tasty options out there. We planned on making batches of chicken noodle and tortilla soups during "Cold-pocalypse'24," so, thinking I'd need a chicken for each, I picked up two.  Turns out one bird had more than enough meat for both.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

and the wine crowd. Or the hot Dog people. 

I can visualize this cohort sitting amongst a sea of carts, snot nosed kids, grumpy retirees, and various bulk refrigerated/frozen goods warming up and a long hot car ride away from the fridge.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Absolutely agree with this.  I like to buy the chicken, then buy the two containers of chicken tortilla soup.  Pour the soup into the large pot, add the chopped up rotisserie chicken, and then have several great meals afterward. This was the number one choice early this week when the temps were in single digits.

• Like 1