Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Such a retarded, reactionary hot take. We dont need to rush firing him or threaten to fire our AD. We SHOULD fire him once the facts become more clear (and they will) but we need to do it the right way so that we don't end up on the hook for his big contract. It needs to be done by the book. It doesnt have to be done tonight. 

It will be, even Satan uses UT attorneys.  

46 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Wait, is it?  I've heard the "6 months cohabitation = common law married in Texas" thing for years.  Not so?

No. That's an old wives tale. May have been a common law rule way back in the day, but I'm not even sure about that. Timing doesn't matter. It can happen much faster than that, or it might not happen for 30 years.  The most important factor is "holding yourself out as married." Which could consist of something as simple as telling everyone you're married. Putting it on forms, like making them your emergency contact identifying them as your spouse is a good example, but even just regularly referring to the person as your spouse in conversation can be enough. If you do that, and actually agree amongst yourselves that you're married, the only other requirement is that you live together. So, it could technically happen the very first day a couple moves in together.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I think it’s possible for those “wishcasting” to recognize and acknowledge the abhorrent nature of what is alleged to have happened and at the same time hope for some way for it not to be true. It’s basically human nature to not want to accept the bad things that happen for lots of reasons and not just because of our sports interest in this case. Doesn’t make one bad or excusing of the crime. We will have to face the cold facts soon enough. 

Some of y’all need to read this carefully. This is bigger than sports for those that actually have degrees from the University of Texas.

Fuck Beard and those defending him.

go away gtfo GIF

• Fuck You 38

Just now, Skipper said:

People aren't defending him.  People are saying you are a fucking moron for bitching that CDC hasn't already fired him.  That isn't how the world works dumbass.  Particularly when there are zero real known facts and an 8 figure contract at stake.  Can we limit your fucking idiocy to the football board?

He’s gone. Anyone thinking any differently are fucking stupid. We aren’t Penn State.

• Fuck You 27

1 minute ago, Loop 1604 said:

Anyone claiming self-defense is a fucking idiot. Next question. 

It def was, you wouldn't know bc you had ur puny dick in your hand at the time, jacking off to feet vids. I know thses things bc i pay attention to detail.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

14 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

But I agree that further speculation is not too helpful. I’ve speculated enough already 😁

Check the url at the top of the browser. It’s what surlyhorns does. No different than the 1st series meltdowns during football season.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

No. That's an old wives tale. May have been a common law rule way back in the day, but I'm not even sure about that. Timing doesn't matter. It can happen much faster than that, or it might not happen for 30 years.  The most important factor is "holding yourself out as married." Which could consist of something as simple as telling everyone you're married. Putting it on forms, like making them your emergency contact identifying them as your spouse is a good example, but even just regularly referring to the person as your spouse in conversation can be enough. If you do that, and actually agree amongst yourselves that you're married, the only other requirement is that you live together. So, it could technically happen the very first day a couple moves in together.

Hey, a legal thing I know.  This is correct.  There's not a specific time frame or test - it's less concrete than that.  Family Code 2.401(a)(2):

Sec. 2.401. PROOF OF INFORMAL MARRIAGE. (a) In a judicial, administrative, or other proceeding, the marriage of a man and woman may be proved by evidence that:

(1) a declaration of their marriage has been signed as provided by this subchapter; or

(2) the man and woman agreed to be married and after the agreement they lived together in this state as husband and wife and there represented to others that they were married.

Edited by Liquor and Poker
I'm dumb
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Some of y’all need to read this carefully. This is bigger than sports for those that actually have degrees from the University of Texas.

go away gtfo GIF

Is there an option where I wait to hear the facts then make my judgement on what I think should happen next? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Hey, a legal thing I know.  This is correct.  There's not a specific time frame or test - it's less concrete than that.  Family Code 2.401(2):

Sec. 2.401. PROOF OF INFORMAL MARRIAGE. (a) In a judicial, administrative, or other proceeding, the marriage of a man and woman may be proved by evidence that:

(1) a declaration of their marriage has been signed as provided by this subchapter; or

(2) the man and woman agreed to be married and after the agreement they lived together in this state as husband and wife and there represented to others that they were married.

Not in Texas I guess. I believe in California there is a time frame of like 7 years living together. 

3 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

go away gtfo GIF

I have a degree from UT.

There is still a chance, however small you believe it to be, that whatever Beard did doesn't approach the level of a fireable offense.  This is what the legal system is for.  Calm your tits and wait for more info before you call in the firing squad (see what I did there?)

Also, you really don't get to speak for all UT alumni -- you're one of, I dunno, half a million or so?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

“Well looking at your resume, I have to say I’m very impre….wait. Says here you went to UT Austin???!  Where noted domestic abuser Chris Beard coached?!!? GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE. HOW DARE YOU SIR!!! SECURITY, GET THIS PIECE OF SHIT OFF COMPANY PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY!!!”

😂😂😂😂😂

27 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Even if there is, it can be self defense.

I'd say the alcohol fueled MH issued redhead attacking the short fused drunk basketball coach who is tired of her shit and shoves her away by her neck and 911 calls the white knights at APD who ride to her rescue and take a statement from a drunk enraged crazy redhead odds are pretty good. 

Not sure what you negged for. 
Sure the fiancé could be crazy and fighting him etc. He could act like a grown man and remove himself from the situation instead of putting his hands around her throat. This isn’t very hard.

• Fuck You 1

I doubt he's the coach at the end of the week, but firing him this morning or even today seems premature.    We're still in the wild-speculation phase; we don't even know who he was choking yet.     In the next 24-48 hours, I'd expect the official story to solidify a bit.    Then we can fire him.

Do have have a 'Next Coach' thread yet...Ah, looks like we're re-using the last one...It is still pretty fresh.

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I mean an employment lawyer would probably tell you don't fire a damn minimum wage employee in an at will state without additional facts.  And we have idiots pissed an 8 figure contract hasn't already been terminated for cause when the f'n arrest report hasn't even been released.

Yep.  Easy to spot emotional idiots who I would not trust with a lemonade stand.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi