Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

9 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Was Urban charged with felony strangulation? 

As for CDC, well, if you don't think the way the Sark & Beard hires have turned out impact his standing with the people who control his employment, I think you are being naive. 

What's a bigger red flag: 1.) Has been engaged for 3 years to a feisty redhead or 2.) all of Urban Meyers baggage, up to  and including his mobile butthole inspection stations as a married man. And again, Urban will get hired if he wants to coach again, and my guess is it will likely be at a blueblood.

I stand by my assertion that every AD in the country makes the Beard hire if they were in CDC's position. You can jump around pointing fingers with the benefit of hindsight, but expecting CDC to pass on Beard in 2021 is fucking stupid. Be pissed at Beard, not CDC. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

To the criminal defense lawyers:

Is there any advantage in not turning over the recording of the incident on the spot if you really thought it would exonerate you? Aren’t the cops eventually going to get it any way once you’ve told them it exists? An accused says he has a recording of the incident for which he is charged with crime is surely a basis for a judge to issue a search warrant, isn’t it?

If you have concerns about the cops listening to the recording, then you probably shouldn’t say you have one in the first place. 

Apologies if this has already been covered. 

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Is there any advantage in not turning over the recording of the incident on the spot if you really thought it would exonerate you? Aren’t the cops eventually going to get it any way once you’ve told them it exists? An accused says he has a recording of the incident for which he is charged with crime is surely a basis for a judge to issue a search warrant, isn’t it?

If you have concerns about the cops listening to the recording, then you probably shouldn’t say you have one in the first place. 

You do it through your lawyers, usually with the DA and not the police, or police in a controlled environment with a lawyer who knows what they're doing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Thoughts like this is how people end up going to prison for twenty years.  Doesn't matter the crime, the only word you say to cops is Lawyer.  

Period.  End of fucking story.  

But sure...trust the police.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Sorry to tack onto your post but I also have questions:

1. Could he have played the alleged audio for the police and declined to give it to them on the spot? (Meaning they’d have to get a SW to seize it?) and then give to his attorney for safe keeping until they got a SW?

I thought it was smart to mention there was audio of the incident but would have reservations about handing it over. Guessing it was recorded on his phone. 

Sorry to add my questions to your questions. 

One has to wonder... maybe his lawyer was having him record their interactions because there had already been issues and so he knew not to turn it over to the police.  Just pure speculation.

AAAAANNNDDDD... speaking of speculation.

Who was the $9.95er who sent us down the boyfriend rabbithole because that person deserves more scorn.  We should know better by now not to trust them... 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Thoughts like this is how people end up going to prison for twenty years.  Doesn't matter the crime, the only word you say to cops is Lawyer.  

Period.  End of fucking story.  

But sure...trust the police.

Which is why I raised the question of “why bring up the recording at all?” if you’re not going to turn it over and unsure of whether it will help you. Seems like he gets the worst of both paths now. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

1. Could he have played the alleged audio for the police and declined to give it to them on the spot? (Meaning they’d have to get a SW to seize it?) and then give to his attorney for safe keeping until they got a SW?

I thought it was smart to mention there was audio of the incident but would have reservations about handing it over. Guessing it was recorded on his phone. 

It's unlikely but possible and certainly interesting if there was no audio but he said there was in the moment to give himself a piece of evidence to fabricate with his fiancee when she calms down. 

17 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

They all might live happily ever after but Beard won’t coach another game here. I’m not sure the point of your post, except that you insinuate your support of Beard.  Why don’t you just go full retard and come out and say it?

I can see a possibility that he will.

Of course you aren't sure. You have no idea wtf is going on. I understand that persons like yourself like to appear relevant, but misusing big words that don't mean what you think they mean doesn't reflect well on you.

My support, apparently in direct opposition to yours, is for The University, primarily. We - including you - have so far not seen much information other than the initial police reports. You may or may not be aware that such incidents' reports almost invariably point precisely at their version of the events. Make of it what you will.

Please notice that I didn't say you are a moron, even though it's quite obvious that you are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Join the club.  The idea of an employer pressuring a potential hire about their significant other is beyond mind-boggling.  If you that that spouse/partner is a risk, then don't extend the offer, but for Christ's sake, you don't lean on the guy to break up or anything like that.  That's way out of bounds.

I’m not sure what y’all do for a living, but as a college professor I’ve seen hiring committees discuss spouses all the time behind closed doors, even though it’s not technically legal to even ask the candidate their marital status.

And that’s just to offer a mid/high 5 figure salary and $20k startup package.

Gotta imagine hiring a head coach at the P5 level is a bit more competitive and hardcore than hiring an assistant professor at a Big 12 university.

I’ve also done dozens of federal government background checks for former students where I’m asked about any knowledge of their drug/alcohol use, gambling, personal relationships, allegiance to the USA, potential red flags etc. 

Again I imagine hiring a head coach at the P5 level involves deeper background checks than hiring some kid with a BA to push papers at an entry level FBI gig. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

These days, it probably was on his phone. Playing it for them but not giving it to them wouldn’t help, because the officers could give affidavits of what they heard to get a SW for the recording. 

The smart play would have been to clam up, not mention the recording, and then give it to the attorney and let him decide how to handle it, including whether to disclose it at all. By telling the cops he has a recording, he puts them on notice of something they will surely ask for and be able to obtain. 

• Hook 'Em 2

To be clear, I'm not saying that CDC shouldn't have hired him due to concerns about his girlfriend or that they would ever tell him who he can & can't date.

But if this person and/or this relationship was already known to be volatile it's naive to think that CDC and the search committee didn't already know that and factor it into the decision. At the time it probably would have more been a "this lady might make some awkward scenes at cocktail parties" type of concern as opposed to "this relationship is going to result in 3rd degree felony charges" type of concern.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

To be clear, I'm not saying that CDC shouldn't have hired him due to concerns about his girlfriend or that they would ever tell him who he can & can't date.

But if this person and/or this relationship was already known to be volatile it's naive to think that CDC and the search committee didn't already know that and factor it into the decision. At the time it probably would have more been a "this lady might make some awkward scenes at cocktail parties" type of concern as opposed to "this relationship is going to result in 3rd degree felony charges" type of concern.

Best Texas Sucks Tom Herman GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Reading that contract language, hard to see any possible way he is the coach at Texas next year.  Let the season play out with the interim.  Sweet 16 or better and the class stays in tact, its possible.  How possible is it we can get Jay Wright?

Next year? I doubt the man will be our coach next week!

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I’m not sure what y’all do for a living, but as a college professor I’ve seen hiring committees discuss spouses all the time behind closed doors 

I've seen it as well, which is why I beat that drum.

Also, just in my personal experience, people who blow important hires, regardless of the reasons why, take it on the chin. CDC's 2 most important hires have been poor. It doesn't matter why. These are high stakes with millions on the line. I am surprised that so many people here think there won't be consequences for him. 

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Hugh Freeze just got another big time SEC job for fuck’s sake.

This is where you and I disagree. A world of difference between paying players (which is now legal) and lying about Houston Nutt (likely at the direction of the AD now at A&M) compared to a Felony Strangulation charge against a woman. 

55 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Errbody acting like Randi is some 4'10" 95 lb midget.  I went and looked for bio info on her. She's 5'10" and 150 lb athlete, and said to have lost coaching jobs (plural) because of  "anger issues".

Somewhere yesterday I saw a report that she was recanting - or about to - her story, and was not going to cooperate with prosecution, had requested charges be dropped.

Sounds like Perry is hard at work, earning his pay. I'm gonna be surprised if things don't start happening quicker.

Kinda thinking she's might gonna be fully recanting, apologizing to all and sundry, and heading into rehab.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Yea and CB is like 6’1ish and 210 lbs. 

She had no business provoking him, especially if she was “in fear of her life”. He should have understood that he was in a no-win situation though. 
He also could have done like Dave Chappelle and hire a woman to come beat her up instead.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

This is where you and I disagree. A world of difference between paying players (which is now legal) and lying about Houston Nutt (likely at the direction of the AD now at A&M) compared to a Felony Strangulation charge against a woman. 

What about harassing student sexual assault victims?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

The world where you can’t accept that a coach you like is getting fired 

Oh, you mean, SLX's world? I mean, I understand it has to happen. I do not want a head coach at Texas who put his hands on a woman in a violent manner, I don't care what the reason is. Get the fuck out of the house. Full stop.

That said, acceptance is a long long long ways off. 

I always say you're never over your last relationship until you're in your next one. Well, I'm here to tell you, Rodney Terry ain't it. So I've got a while. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, immamac said:

wait, what if he literally just did what he had to so that she would stop attacking him like a banshee and that included physically removing her from the room and locking the door in a kinda chokehold while he was throwing her out.

MAYBE he gets to stay?

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING LET IT GO THE GOOSE IS COOKED.

you should know that the proper term is "the cake is baked"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Question for the Surly law dawgs - if a state university terminates you for Cause (as defined in an employment agreement) and the employee disputes the finding of Cause and sues the university, is the university protected under sovereign immunity in Texas?  Because you could drive a truck through the cause definition that has been shared and I'm curious why Beard's lawyer allowed so broad a provision.  He had all the leverage in the world when negotiating.  

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yea and CB is like 6’1ish and 210 lbs. 

She had no business provoking him, especially if she was “in fear of her life”. He should have understood that he was in a no-win situation though. 
He also could have done like Dave Chappelle and hire a woman to come beat her up instead.

CB? According to most websites' bio-stuff, CB is 6'5" and 250 lb. FWIW. Not sure what your point is - mine was that she's a big healthy athletic woman and not a pushover to be slung around like a 50# sack of potatoes. 

Again, there's a lot we don't know, yet... perhaps we'll never know. 

16 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I've seen it as well, which is why I beat that drum.

Also, just in my personal experience, people who blow important hires, regardless of the reasons why, take it on the chin. CDC's 2 most important hires have been poor. It doesn't matter why. These are high stakes with millions on the line. I am surprised that so many people here think there won't be consequences for him. 

Because expecting CDC to predict someone without a criminal history is going to commit felonious violence based on the fact that their relationship may or may not be a little erratic is moronic. 

You also keep comparing the Beard situation to Sark, which makes no sense. Sark may not be the best football coach, but hiring him doesn’t come with the kind of “consequences” you seem to be implying. 

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

The bitemark was on her forearm according to the arrest report. Which is a really weird place to bite someone as an aggressor. 

Thought this too.  Sounds more like she had her arm around his neck, so he bit to make her let go.  Or maybe even her arm over his mouth so the teeth marks are kind of incidental.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

1. Yes.  See Mike Leach.  The universities pay buyouts because they don’t want other coaching candidates to get spooked, not because they actually have to pay.

2. That’s a standard for cause definition. The university’s lawyers would be the ones getting raked over the coals if the definition didn’t include that language.

Interesting, thanks.  So its all for show anyway.  And would differ with your view on #2, at least outside the governmental employer setting.

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

CB? According to most websites' bio-stuff, CB is 6'5" and 250 lb. FWIW. Not sure what your point is - mine was that she's a big healthy athletic woman and not a pushover to be slung around like a 50# sack of potatoes. 

I’ve met the guy twice at football games. He’s also about the same size as Marcus Carr and Tyrese Hunter. He’s close to my numbers.

My point is that he’s not some huge guy, but he’s still got at least 60 lbs on her. She should have never came at him the way she did, but his advantages should have given him the ability to take a step back and understand the situation better. 

10 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

6'5"!? There's no way Beard is 6'5".

image.thumb.jpeg.badbe3fb1a2f254e2e0e04cbcff07cce.jpeg

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi