the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The House appears to have never considered that the majority party could never decide on a candidate for Speaker. There should be a rule that after X days, they should shift to a plurality of the votes.  If the majority can’t decide then they really don’t have a majority.

jack-nicholson-jack.gif

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The House appears to have never considered that the majority party could never decide on a candidate for Speaker. There should be a rule that after X days, they should shift to a plurality of the votes.  If the majority can’t decide then they really don’t have a majority.

This would trigger an election in other countries, right? If the PM can’t put together a coalition government?

37 minutes ago, Felix said:

I've gotten the "this is the dems fault" comment a few times. I eventually settled on "you should look up the word "majority" in the dictionary."

I’ve heard this too. My response has been

- Who put forward the Motion to Vacate? Who agreed to the rules that allowed one chucklefuck to introduce the MTV?

<blank stare>

• Hook 'Em 4

Ok--exactly what constitutional concerns?  Seriously, I want a legal cite to the section of the Constitution that could even arguably be violated.

Hint: there isn't one.
Chip Roy pulls his head out of his ass just long enough to talk out of it.

10 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok--exactly what constitutional concerns?  Seriously, I want a legal cite to the section of the Constitution that could even arguably be violated.

Hint: there isn't one.

Just like most GOP "constitutional concerns" other than 2A, there aren't any.  Because current GQP'ers don't even wipe their ass with the constitution.  That would imply an intimacy with the document that doesn't exist.

Edited by TwiceHorn

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Why is laughing at someone because of their height socially acceptable?

In 99.99% of the situations we all encounter over a lifetime, you would be absolutely correct.

But when you wake up, live and die, and go to bed to ensure that people whom are "overlooked" and stomped on your policies, then your stature, literal or metaphorical, is fair game and I can piss on whatever part of his cranium I so desire.  You keep people down, I get to joke about how far down you are.  Them's the fucking breaks.  Gloves are off.  

I used to think, as a brother of a girl with Down's Syndrome, and my own shit, and a fucked up childhood that certain things were off-limits.  If the person can't help it, you can't touch the topic.  Then I met 2015.  All bets are off.  You arise at dawn to hurt people, I'm one cup of coffee behind you to feel horrible about it.  Some people only learn with humiliation.  We don't have enough of that anymore.  Eventually, they'll only learn through pain.  And if I can fix it correctly, the suffering will be visited upon them by the people they knew, the people that came as their friends.  My most sadistic ideas may actually come to fruition after all.  Go back and read the sick shit we wrote here 1-2 years ago.  I was being flippant and drunk.  Now I've seen the light.  All they needed was a gentle nudge.  The insults about body image are just the beginning.  We can have these people shooting it out with one another in months, not years.  Months.  Thousands of MAGA gone.  If ever there were that many...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I would never laugh at a short guy for being short.  

I laugh at a short guy that stands on a box (like Mr. Bowtie did a few days back).  I laugh at a short guy that wears lifts in his shoes (like DeSantis).  

But a short guy that owns it?  No problemo. I never said shit about Spud Webb.

Ding, ding, ding.

• Hook 'Em 1