Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

4th&Five

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

How many Defensive holding and PI were called the entire game on either team?  The refs let them play and both teams played physical like that the entire game but on the one crucial play where they could literally end the game they make that call which is bullshit.  By the way, I could care less which of those two shit teams one the game.  The ref robbed the fans of a great finish where who knows which team wins the game.  

Yeah that’s what I was explaining to my wife why people were going to be pissed. This had a chance to go down as an all timer and it just didn’t. 
i think the call was absolutely text book correct and in a vacuum I wouldn’t have a problem with it but in that context it made a great game anticlimactic in the extreme. 

7 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I celebrate OU losing but I don’t celebrate shitty calls that result in OU losing. That compromises the integrity of the game and then what’s the point in even watching?

What if Texas loses on a similar shitty call? What if Texas wins on a similar shitty call and then we always have that moment questioned instead of just kicking the FG with 1:48 remaining and giving our defense a chance to hold?

Celebrating this call is chickenshit behavior.

Maybe cry some more. I'll enjoy that shitfest of a city losing a Super Bowl they should've won. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

Sort of lost in the moment, the fecals choked in the big game against the coach that choked for them in many big games. Ultimate choke.

The coach with the worst time-management in history .. perfectly managed the clock tonight against the team that he screwed up for countless times. 

35 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

There’s nothing more pathetic than Cowboys fans celebrating a bad call to end an otherwise great Super Bowl because the bad call hurts a rival team. Basically a franchise that has a shitty owner that prevents ever even reaching a Super Bowl, so they are stuck celebrating bad outcomes for everyone else. Congrats?

Cry about it. Siriani (spelling) is a prick and Eagles fans booed Dak while wining person of the year award. Fuck the Eagles franchise!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

How many Defensive holding and PI were called the entire game on either team?  The refs let them play and both teams played physical like that the entire game but on the one crucial play where they could literally end the game they make that call which is bullshit.  By the way, I could care less which of those two shit teams one the game.  The ref robbed the fans of a great finish where who knows which team wins the game.  

99458390-8A28-4364-A1BA-48FB57F3841F.jpeg.12eaafd684fbdc074eb930e1525abeef.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The coach with the worst time-management in history .. perfectly managed the clock tonight against the team that he screwed up for countless times. 

This time he didn't have Donovan McNabb puking on the field, slow-playing with the game on the line.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I celebrate OU losing but I don’t celebrate shitty calls that result in OU losing.

counterpoint...

ive never laughed so fucking hard as I did that ou vs Oregon ducks game where ou recovered the onside kick,  was NEVER in the scrum on the field, ball was in his hands the whole time outside the scrum, and gave the ball to the ref, and the refs ruled Oregon recovered the ball. 

i revelled in that fuckup

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The Philadelphia Eagles lose the biggest game of the year  because an Alabama OU quarter back butterfingers a ball into a defenders waiting arms for a scoop and score and then they get a call they can cry, wail and gnash their teeth about for the next 5 decades

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+\

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Proud The Karate Kid GIF\

That is solid smack 

enchubbeneded

So are people really thinking it wasn't a hold because it absolutely was or mad at when the call was made? Defender lost footing because he was put on skates by great route running and reached out to grab. You can't do that. You can make contact but can't grab. If you could do what he did, we wouldn't have a passing game in football to speak of. Hence why the rule is in place. The same as soccer or basketball. You can't grab a guy who has beat you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

News just said about 2 dozen players on the field tonight had Texas ties. None of them played for UT though

Florida players did well.

Toney took over for a little bit there with the TD then the huge punt return.

15142572.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So are people really thinking it wasn't a hold because it absolutely was or mad at when the call was made? Defender lost footing because he was put on skates by great route running and reached out to grab. You can't do that. You can make contact but can't grab. If you could do what he did, we wouldn't have a passing game in football to speak of. Hence why the rule is in place. The same as soccer or basketball. You can't grab a guy who has beat you.

But you will excuse the hold by KCs left tackle on the play. Um, OK. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The call felt out of place under the circumstances, but it wasn't like the Saints-Rams total bullshit in 2019. KC simply played a better game over 60 minutes. The Eagles made some killer mistakes including that hold.  We needed 40+ to win, which was attainable but it didn't happen.

i like Mahomes and KC in general, and hate anything ou related, but i have lots of family and friends in/from Philly area. i was truly rooting for whoever had possession.* as such it was a really exciting game. i was entertained!

* as opposed to ou/aggy 2013 Cottonbowl where i rooted for the defenses to kill someone every play 😁

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

lulz. TV is not mounted, lower left hand corner still has a big ass sticker on it. What are the odds they were returning that TV after the game, rocko20 style. 

What's the problem? He opened up the TV and the screen was all cracked and shit. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Once again just like I said in the AFC championship thread the refs should not decide games on small stuff. That was nowhere near egregious enough to call it and I wanted Kansas City to win. He should have had to grab and hold to get a call, not just give a little tug and then put his left hand on the guy's hip. 

Officials deciding very good games with their bullshit is just so ridiculously bad

I wanted to see the full play starting with the snap.  Here it is:

Seems excessive but then again, I didn't realize a right tackle could move his leg presnap.