45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

EVERY. ACCUSATION. 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I remain convinced that every time a conservative person is casting grievances without evidence, it's because they are doing it themselves. 

In all seriousness, yes, this is what has been happening for YEARS.  I don't understand why people can't see this.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

In all seriousness, yes, this is what has been happening for YEARS.  I don't understand why people can't see this.

What's hard to understand?  Its willful denial combined with an AI-and-algorithm defined window into the world that shows them what they want to see.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

I remain convinced that every time a conservative person is casting grievances without evidence, it's because they are doing it themselves. 

Wait until you look at all the homophobes. I don't mean the garden variety bigots, mind you; I'm talking about the kind who actively campaign and work on legislation to undermine homosexuals, promote conversation therapy, etc.

Every last one of them is shacking up with a rent boy on the sly. Every. Single. One. "Wide stances" and all that.

No way in hell is Mike Pence straight.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Wait until you look at all the homophobes. I don't mean the garden variety bigots, mind you; I'm talking about the kind who actively campaign and work on legislation to undermine homosexuals, promote conversation therapy, etc.

Every last one of them is shacking up with a rent boy on the sly. Every. Single. One. "Wide stances" and all that.

No way in hell is Mike Pence straight.

Yep, probably why johnnysack changed his name.  The more psycho-religious one is, the more likely they llllooooove cock. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Dahmer tried that stall tactic.

judge, “and why can’t you make it to the set date of opening arguments?”

dahmer, “I’m going to be pretty busy.”

judge, “busy doing what exactly that’s so much more important than justice?” 

dahmer, “I got four more freezers in storage you guys don’t even know about.  Ain’t letting all that go to waste.”

the stall tactic is to inch it closer to the election.  So he looks more and more politically persecuted.  It’ll work out great for him, but it’ll eviscerate his party’s chances.  

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Your honor, I'm very busy handling other felonies that I've committed in other jurisdictions. I'm also running for president of the republic I tried to destroy. C'mon, give me a break. I just need 600 days. Cut me some slack.

We need to be sure if the "600 days" is at the North or South Pole due to a slight difference (like maybe 24 hours) in hours of daylight at different times of the solar year.

It's similar to the fear mongering they do when they say that once "liberals" get power, they'll target conservatives. Of course they think it's what "liberals" would do, because that's what they would do.
  • Hook 'Em 1

"Trump calls for lengthy delay"?  I didn't know a defendant had the right to do that.  Assuming he's not defending himself.  Isn't that usually something a lawyer would do?
You have the right to a speedy trial, which means it's optional for the defendant, no?

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Your honor, I'm very busy handling other felonies that I've committed in other jurisdictions. I'm also running for president of the republic I tried to destroy. C'mon, give me a break. I just need 600 days. Cut me some slack.

If only his supporters knew the 6th amendment as well as they knew the 2nd (which they don't really know all that well to begin with).  Case law tells us that not only does the defendant have a right to a speedy trial, but the court itself can help expedite that in light of extenuating circumstances.  

Then you got your remove/remand/federalism shit.  You can punt a state or county court proceeding in order to deal with a federal one.  But you usually can't do it the other way around.  There is precedence for this though, other politicians, both serving at the time of trial or running for office at the time of trial, have attempted to punt court dates and hearings.  Never for President though obviously, but there is some foundational basis.  

When some of our resident MAGA lovers here queue up before dawn to see Trump appear in Texas.  They need to remember, all they're doing as followers of law and order, is aiding and abetting a known fugitive.  You're not an audience, you're an accomplice.  Congrats, you're at least making history though.  More than I can say.  

57 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The election is a year and a half away. Get fucked Dotard. 

I don't know. If that's not enough time to confirm a SCOTUS appointee, how can it possibly be long enough for getting a case like this to trial?

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Horndog said:

I don't know. If that's not enough time to confirm a SCOTUS appointee, how can it possibly be long enough for getting a case like this to trial?

Oh - no, that's almost a year and a half longer than you need to confirm a Republican SCOTUS nominee. It's just not long enough to hold hearings on a Democratic SCOTUS nominee. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

4 hours ago, AnTiM said:

We need to be sure if the "600 days" is at the North or South Pole due to a slight difference (like maybe 24 hours) in hours of daylight at different times of the solar year.

he's actually going to be on mars for much of this conducting important scientific research.  and your honor, if i may, he's only asking for 325 sols.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tchookem said:
7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:
"Trump calls for lengthy delay"?  I didn't know a defendant had the right to do that.  Assuming he's not defending himself.  Isn't that usually something a lawyer would do?

You have the right to a speedy trial, which means it's optional for the defendant, no?

By requesting a delay, he's essentially forfeiting any complaint that his right to a speedy trial has been violated.

I'm of the opinion that none of this is a surprise to any of the Federal prosecutors involved.  At this level, they don't take a dump without a plan.  

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Palmer Report is bs. There’s no substance to these tweets

Counterpoint: So is most of the "Trump is going to get away with it again" hand-wringing.

Because -- as people more intelligent than I have pointed out many times -- there is no "again" here; Trump has never faced federal criminal charges before, and they're a very different kind of beast from the state civil suits he's used to in the past.

On top of that, Smith has been very good about having all his ducks lined up for this; this is typical for federal charges, but Smith has gone above and beyond even those usual standards.

Trump is turbofucked.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I get what you’re saying, but I have pushed court dates as far into the future as possible for many clients whom I believe to be innocent.

Sure.  If it doesn’t work out I would rather go to prison next year as opposed to next week.

Counterpoint: So is most of the "Trump is going to get away with it again" hand-wringing.
Because -- as people more intelligent than I have pointed out many times -- there is no "again" here; Trump has never faced federal criminal charges before, and they're a very different kind of beast from the state civil suits he's used to in the past.
On top of that, Smith has been very good about having all his ducks lined up for this; this is typical for federal charges, but Smith has gone above and beyond even those usual standards.
Trump is turbofucked.

I agree he’s fucked, but “turbo” is simply not in the cards here. Note that Palmer Report is a known click baiter and there is literally no substance behind his assertions. He thinks Smith has some strategy to speed things up through the well known trial accelerators of *checks notes* appeals and adding charges?!? Get the fuck outta here with that bs

22 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I agree he’s fucked, but “turbo” is simply not in the cards here. Note that Palmer Report is a known click baiter and there is literally no substance behind his assertions. He thinks Smith has some strategy to speed things up through the well known trial accelerators of *checks notes* appeals and adding charges?!? Get the fuck outta here with that bs

fair enough

No substance? So appeals and additional charges aren't options available to Smith should the judge grant the request? If the judge rules to delay and the appeals court reverses that decision, does that not effectively shut down the delay?

Your contempt for Palmer Report is clear, and I'm not familiar enough with it to disagree, but in what ways is it inaccurate?  I think the whole point is that Cannon isn't as omnipotent as people believe.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well, she allowed a delay of a hearing from the 14th to the 18th of this month for reasons.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-agrees-delay-hearing-trump-classified-documents-case/story?id=101090376

Because Nauta's new lawyer was unavailable on the 14th.

As to the rest of the continuance/delay, December was probably an unrealistic setting, as was August.

Trumpco wants her not to set a date at all until other stuff is done.  That will be the first test.  The CIPA stuff is the real wild card here.

The interesting thing is, if she starts fucking up CIPA stuff, the government has an immediate and highly expedited appeal to the 11th Circuit and can conceivably ask that the case be remanded to a judge with CIPA experience, if there are any in Floriduh.  Trump has no ability to appeal pending trial.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because Nauta's new lawyer was unavailable on the 14th.

As to the rest of the continuance/delay, December was probably an unrealistic setting, as was August.

Trumpco wants her not to set a date at all until other stuff is done.  That will be the first test.  The CIPA stuff is the real wild card here.

The interesting thing is, if she starts fucking up CIPA stuff, the government has an immediate and highly expedited appeal to the 11th Circuit and can conceivably ask that the case be remanded to a judge with CIPA experience, if there are any in Floriduh.  Trump has no ability to appeal pending trial.

And that is only one of his lawyers.  His Florida lawyer was available and the govt didn't want to push back this pre-trial conference.  

Also, the lawyer that isn't available isn't available because he is defending another traitor....a January 6th defendent.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

14 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

And that is only one of his lawyers.  His Florida lawyer was available and the govt didn't want to push back this pre-trial conference.  

Also, the lawyer that isn't available isn't available because he is defending another traitor....a January 6th defendent.  

For something like this, any lawyer that intends to participate in trial preparation or trial would need to attend.  They're going to need to verify personally to the court what they're doing to get security clearances and if not why not and what their intentions are with respect to handling classified material.  This isn't one where some of the group of attorneys can attend and speak for all of them.

Another trial setting or court appearance is a get-out-of-jail-free card.  Doesn't matter what it is.  One court can't expect attorneys to appear at its ordered hearings if it won't permit them to appear in another court's ordered hearings.

If we're going to start freaking out over four days, we might as well just blow our brains out now, because we won't collectively survive this.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

If we're going to start freaking out over four days, we might as well just blow our brains out now, because we won't collectively survive this.

It's not the 4 days.  It's the "not before 2025" that is our concern, dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

It's not the 4 days.  It's the "not before 2025" that is our concern, dude.

Of course.  Four days is nothing and nothing to freak out about.  Nor is it a tea leaf about how she may rule in the future.

The real acid test is going to be, will she set a date certain for the trial, like February.  That's a good sign but not conclusive.  If she agrees not to set a trial date at all, that is a very, very bad sign.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

One interesting thing is that DDDDad's buddy Chris Kise signed off on this "motion for continuance."  So he's the one that led Cannon down the primrose path to destruction in the special master case.  And he's using a lot of the same ideas that snookered her in that case ("fIRsT ImPresSiOn!!11!").

Assuming she is even slightly embarrassed by that rebuke from the 11th Circuit, she may be thinking "oh shit, not this guy again."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated