45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

a lot of the talking points have shifted to "they're trying to stop him from running for president."

can a person under indictment still run for president?  yes.

can a person in the middle of a federal trial still run for president?  yes.

can a person convicted of a felony still run for president?  yes.

shut. the. fuck. up.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It bears repeating: in a well-functioning Republic, every last one of these fuckers would have swung from the gallows before the end of January 2021.
They attempted a revolution to overthrow the government duly elected by the people pursuant to the rule of law. They failed. They should all die.

Scott Adams seems eager for an era when we can shoot our neighbors merely for belonging to the opposition. And…maybe we are. Hey Scott…FAFO. A lot of us “libs” know how to shoot very, very well. I’m an 80s kid. I thought hard about how I’d shoot evil Russian-aligned authoritarians who would attack my country. Scott wants to give me the chance to put that exact plan into action. Go for it, Scott. Back it up, hero.

And this is why we need to stop fighting them with one arm tied behind our back. Yes, use the rule of law as intended. But we also need to relentlessly harass, boycott, and shame every MAGAT. Shove them out of decent society and back under the rock where they belong. Don’t socialize with them. Kick them out of your home and family and circle of friends. Shame their businesses. And more. Fuck them. Fuck them all to hell. They chose the side of attacking my country. They are Al Qaeda. Treat them as such.

Eastman is a Lewisville Fighting Farmer and a University of Dallas grad. Figures.

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

West Virginia diversity is “What different pill do I want to take before I pass out in the Taco Bell drive thru this weekend? What flavor Mtn Dew should I order?”

Early 2000's me feels attacked 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I am putting on my Twicehorn hat and just pointing out that hearsay statements by un-indicted co-conspirators are not normally admissible unless they are made in furtherance of the conspiracy at the time of the conspiracy. In other words, statements made prior to the confection of the conspiracy cannot be admitted, nor can statements made after the fact admitting the conspiracy be admitted in the trial of a defendant co-conspirator.  Like Eastman’s statement, damning as it seems.  

However, any statements made during an ongoing conspiracy can be admitted.  Trump still continues to bang the drum that the election was rigged and he won.  I am sort of interested in how the courts view the “ending” of the conspiracy. Obviously, statements made by a co-conspirator during that period of time for arguably months before (during the planning) - and certainly just after the election when Trump was filing lawsuits and trying out his fake elector scheme - any co-conspirator statements would be admissible.  He’s certainly never stopped claiming and re-alleging the false statement of the conspiracy - the big lie that he won the election.  

So I am wondering if his continued constant claims of a fake rigged election - to this day - can be used by Jack Smith to introduce the Eastman interview.  I can see stupid Three Stooges quality Legal Team Trump telling him the issue is “did he believe it?”,  so that if he keeps saying the election was rigged, he will get off because they cannot prove he knew the election was valid.  

If so, and the Eastman and other co-conspirator statements become admissible, because that orange fuck keeps bloviating the big lie, that would be chef’s kiss. 

Eastman is fucked no matter what. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

The best grounds.  A lot of people are saying this.

"People keep coming up to me, tears in their eyes, and they 'sir, these are the best grounds we've ever seen.' Maybe so. Maybe so. But when you look at it, my grounds are really, really, very perfect grounds. Either way, really good grounds. Probably the best anyone has seen, these grounds."

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

One might think that trump writing “I am calling for a federal takeover” might be frowned upon by the god fearing, small gvt, fiscally responsible, Conservative Party that is the GOP. 

There is a HUGE difference between liberal government regulation and conservative government takeover.

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

West Virginia diversity is “What different pill do I want to take before I pass out in the Taco Bell drive thru this weekend? What flavor Mtn Dew should I order?”

There is a bit of WV diversity 

IMG_3379.png.2fba1a1d3a41c07b8a26fb7a6721334b.png

19 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

What’s the theory? I mean what is his benefit to do such? He’s not getting a new judge and the higher court would t be favorable to him either as far as I understand. 

There’s a narrative going around that Trump is trying to be thrown in jail in order to incite his supporters to violence. Ron is pointing out that this narrative is ridiculous - Trump wants no part of jail. instead he’s a pampered baby with no self control.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I am putting on my Twicehorn hat and just pointing out that hearsay statements by un-indicted co-conspirators are not normally admissible unless they are made in furtherance of the conspiracy at the time of the conspiracy. In other words, statements made prior to the confection of the conspiracy cannot be admitted, nor can statements made after the fact admitting the conspiracy be admitted in the trial of a defendant co-conspirator.  Like Eastman’s statement, damning as it seems.  

However, any statements made during an ongoing conspiracy can be admitted.  Trump still continues to bang the drum that the election was rigged and he won.  I am sort of interested in how the courts view the “ending” of the conspiracy. Obviously, statements made by a co-conspirator during that period of time for arguably months before (during the planning) - and certainly just after the election when Trump was filing lawsuits and trying out his fake elector scheme - any co-conspirator statements would be admissible.  He’s certainly never stopped claiming and re-alleging the false statement of the conspiracy - the big lie that he won the election.  

So I am wondering if his continued constant claims of a fake rigged election - to this day - can be used by Jack Smith to introduce the Eastman interview.  I can see stupid Three Stooges quality Legal Team Trump telling him the issue is “did he believe it?”,  so that if he keeps saying the election was rigged, he will get off because they cannot prove he knew the election was valid.  

If so, and the Eastman and other co-conspirator statements become admissible, because that orange fuck keeps bloviating the big lie, that would be chef’s kiss. 

Eastman is fucked no matter what. 

Maureen Dowd today opined that we are not post coup, we are mid coup.  Seems like most here might agree.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Maureen Dowd today opined that we are not post coup, we are mid coup.  Seems like most here might agree.

I would agree. Unfortunately, it’s not like we have any prior precedent regarding conspiracies and attempts to overturn the government by the sitting president. My fear is that Justice Thomas and crew would overturn a conviction on a partisan res nova technical interpretation of that evidence admission.  I don’t think anyone could say it would not be prejudicial to introduce it.  Jack might think it is not essential that he uses that evidence - as he has sufficient evidence to convict anyway.   

26 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

She's right. The coup is still in progress, and has been since 2020. That says briefly what I took a few paragraphs to say a page or three back.

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

…and whether the American people will actually vote for a known criminal and traitor to be president again.

You new around here?   Half of America would vote for him to govern from a prison cell if that’s an option. 

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

We could literally have a scenario where one night the ex president and ex vice president debate each other for the nomination and the next day the ex vice president testifies against the ex president in a federal criminal trial.

There’s a real chance that neither of them will attend a debate. Trump because he doesn’t have to and Pence because he hasn’t raised enough money or isn’t polling well enough to qualify. 

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Guess the state ….

IMG_6187.thumb.jpeg.28cdd3c10bad8ba2d61da184895f25cb.jpeg

Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

Aggy?

oh, state.

I think this is Trump's last effort for someone to try to change the game in his favor. I think he's knows he's fucked. Even his syphilitic brain knows 99.6% conviction rate is pretty fucking nails. I say keep going, donny, you've pressed every button in the cockpit and the plane is diving. might as well start kicking the pilots in the balls while you're at it. should work out for you.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Free Speech mother fuckers !

The Donald was a subreddit until reddit shut it down after 1/6. I guess they just moved it to its own URL and forum? Yeah, FBI needs to check every IP in that thing. Most of them are too stupid/lazy or cheap to VPN every time they use it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Hey Scott…FAFO. A lot of us “libs” know how to shoot very, very well.

It used to tickle me shitless that I regularly outshot my NRA-member right-wing co-workers. 

It drove them fucking crazy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

It used to tickle me shitless that I regularly outshot my NRA-member right-wing co-workers. 
It drove them fucking crazy. 
I grew my hair out during the pandemic, and it just made my homies more annoyed when I out shout them at ths Dove lease or at the range. I may meditate or do yoga next time and just really go full libtard.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Red Five said:

Dotardians: "Joe Biden is weaponizing the DOJ! This is the worst thing to ever happen in this country!"

Dotard: "When I'm president again, I'm going to weaponize the DOJ and the government and put the people I don't like in jail."

Dotardians: "Yeah! That's great!"

Logical consistency is for pussies.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Dotardians: "Joe Biden is weaponizing the DOJ! This is the worst thing to ever happen in this country!"

Dotard: "When I'm president again, I'm going to weaponize the DOJ and the government and put the people I don't like in jail."

IMG_6156.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Chutkan, Upadhyaya, James, Bragg, and Willis are all Black.  How long before Trump pulls the N-trigger?  I'm thinking less than a week.

Exactly my thought. I don’t know about a week, but I’d give it a very good chance of occurring. 

52 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We all need to realize it's full blown tribal politics now in America. Truth doesn't matter. Discourse and compromise are dead. War has been declared and the only thing that matter is beating your enemies and subjugating the opposition to your will. This is what we should be focused on doing to trumpets. Full scale banishment from civilized American society. Take away their jobs, take away their ability to get credit. Take away their social outlets. Treat them like the insurrectionists they are acting like. Force them back into the shadows of society where they hide and keep their mouths shut or else be persecuted. 

74 million people voted for Trump in 2020 and there are around 330 million Americans. That's only 22 percent of America. The sooner the other 78 percent realize the only way to save the country is to gang up and marginalize the 22 percent the better chance America has of getting through this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

We all need to realize it's full blown tribal politics now in America. Truth doesn't matter. Discourse and compromise are dead. War has been declared and the only thing that matter is beating your enemies and subjugating the opposition to your will. This is what we should be focused on doing to trumpets. Full scale banishment from civilized American society. Take away their jobs, take away their ability to get credit. Take away their social outlets. Treat them like the insurrectionists they are acting like. Force them back into the shadows of society where they hide and keep their mouths shut or else be persecuted. 

74 million people voted for Trump in 2020 and there are around 330 million Americans. That's only 22 percent of America. The sooner the other 78 percent realize the only way to save the country is to gang up and marginalize the 22 percent the better chance America has of getting through this. 

image.gif.9493df6f9943688e512918e3c260570b.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Where does trump find these lawyers ?

As long as it's just saying dumb stuff on TV but can't put them in jail it's a pretty good bet on their part.  Look what a low level idiot caterer became in Putin's Russia.  Today's Russia is clearly Trump's vision for America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Idiocracy has fully arrived

I saw "Woke Choke" trending on Twitter this morning.  I'm sorry I clicked.  

If I read correctly there were 3 missed penalties from the US side, but guess only Megan's bothers anyone.

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated