45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: when he WON in 2016, he had an approval rating of 34%.

Today…his approval rating is 1% HIGHER, at 35%. It ain’t about who likes him. It’s about who shows up and votes, and who doesn’t.

It was 45% when he took office. 

stop this.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

I don't think we should look to the President for moral leadership. I think the President (and all elected officials) should support, and to an extent, reflect the morals (and ideas and whatever other personal beliefs) of the constituency, with a lean to the voting constiuency

We should look AT the morals of elected officials and decide if we want to be represented by them (including their morals) or not. 

Homeboy was there for a reason. Enough people in enough states looked and said, "Yes," or "Whatever" for him to get there and then feel like he can get enough people behind him to the point where he has a shot at becoming whatever it is he wants to become. 

And he might... Because enough people are looking at him and saying "Yes" to his morals. 

Shouldn't look at politicians for morality. Should look at them to run the country at least substantially more successfully than Helen Keller behind the wheel of a Ferrari on the PCH.

Politics shouldn't be interesting or entertaining. It should be boring as shit paying close attention to all the mundane minutia that combine together to form a functioning society. We've completely lost that. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, locodos said:

Not conservatives, not GOP. 

I'm amazed that this obliterated narrative keeps getting brought up.  NO, conservatives pick issues only with their hearts, not with their heads.

The idea of the GOP being the party of law and order, science, and cold analysis got dragged out to wood shed and gang raped by Reagan, Newt, and the Costco Republicans.

• Universal pre-k pays for itself, increases GDP, reduces crime, and host of other societal issues...   Nope can't have that
  • Sex Ed reduces abortion and pays for itself...  Nope
  • School lunches, nope 
  • Funding education, nope pfffft - who wants an educated workforce? Commies that's who!
  • Preventative healthcare, nope 
  • Support for Veterans, fuck those losers, nope
  • Climate denial, that won't cost us anything, right?
  • Infrastructure reinvestment, nope
  • Immigration, lulz talk to farmers in Florida to see how that's going.  Whilst simultaneously complaining about demographic collapse / population decline in the US

Tell me again how cold calculating engineers used science and math to formulate policies that ignore the world and scientists around them.  

This. This. This. and motherfucking this!

These are the talking points that need to be on every flyer, pamphlet, campaign speech, meet and greet, townhall, door knock, etc.  Repeat it ad nauseum before even the dumbest, sister fucking, insurrectionist says "Golly, maybe democracy and investing in people ain't such a bad thing".

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

I was surprised at the depth of the EIT.  Of course, none of the questions were PEng related so I was somewhat out of my depth. 99% pass rate is WOW.  We are not worthy!

I would have been the 1%. My last quarter in Chem Eng was taking 24 hours to get out and avoid summer school. Zero time to even think about EIT

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

But our history of Presidents is much more curious than most people realize.  But what I do know is that very, very soon...Donald Trump...the 45th President of the United States.  And perhaps the 47th (hopefully not, but history is a mad scientist).  He is going to die.  And for the first and only occurrence in every single lifetime of every poster on here...we will witness the celebration of a fallen President.  We all watched Presidents get voted out, impeached, even shot.  But we all rallied and wished them well because they were public servants, public leaders, public disciples.  But we get to watch Donald Trump die.  We get to celebrate it.  We get to watch the world embrace it.  We get to see his moronic followers weep over his casket in the Capitol while we wind them up to murder one another at the post-game tailgate. 

It'll be interesting to see if he will be allowed to lie in state.  I mean if he get convicted of the crimes of which he has been accused, do you let a traitor lie in state?

Maybe they'll just have him on display at MAL for the public to see, you know for a small fee of course.

19 minutes ago, locodos said:

It'll be interesting to see if he will be allowed to lie in state.  I mean if he get convicted of the crimes of which he has been accused, do you let a traitor lie in state?

Maybe they'll just have him on display at MAL for the public to see, you know for a small fee of course.

His kids will wheel his coffin across America and charge $500 per viewing.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Send his dead ass to NOLA and do a citywide second line with his corpse dragging behind a line of Clydesdales with IBS. Instead of beads, residents throw their own shit and piss balloons at the corpse of the cunt. At the end, toss him in the dankest, dirtiest roadside canal and let the nutria and gators have at em.   Show wraps up with a JazzFest style celebration, with free beignets, hurricanes, and blunts. 

The Aristocrats!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Send his dead ass to NOLA and do a citywide second line with his corpse dragging behind a line of Clydesdales with IBS. Instead of beads, residents throw their own shit and piss balloons at the corpse of the cunt. At the end, toss him in the dankest, dirtiest roadside canal and let the nutria and gators have at em.   Show wraps up with a JazzFest style celebration, with free beignets, hurricanes, and blunts. 

blazing-saddles-slim-pickens.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

That’s a hell of a Presidential campaign launch.  You’ve got my vote.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I'd suggest incinerating his whale-ass blubbery body, but I'd fear the fumes from burning diaper and cheeto dust.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I see you’ve been to Bourbon Street on a Sunday morning. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Dunno where this should go, but this seems like the Trump thread now, so putting it here.

I was watching Drug Lords on Netflix about Pablo Escobar and I was struck by the parallels to Trump that I had not recognized before.  Like Trump is now, Escobar…

1. Was the head of a criminal empire

2. Was worshipped by the common man as a Robin Hood anti-hero

3.  Mixed crime and politics as a duly elected federal politician

4. Operated in plain sight

5. Avoided any real  consequences for his lawlessness for decades

6. Attacked and subverted the institutions set up to protect society from people like him

7. Waged a war against his nation’s federal government with a domestic terror campaign

8. Made it to where the Colombian government and he could not coexist; one of them was going to cease to be

Now Trump doesn’t have siccarrios on his payroll ready to go assassinate the attorney general at his direct order, but his followers are seemingly motivated to act in that capacity.  They are at the least conveying threats of murder to government officials targeting their crime lord in an attempt to get them to capitulate to Trump.

Here’s to the US proving to be as ready for its Trump test as Colombia ultimately proved to be for their Pablo Escobar test.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just like his health care plan, it will be in a manila folder full of blank pages. Or a binder full of Ivanka’s nudes. 

If it was anything, he’d be taking it to a real court. Not the court of public opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Red Five said:

I wonder if he's just going to repeat everything he's been yelling about for 2.5 years. Like it'll be hand-written notes that say "Thousands of dead people voting!".

Sidney Powell’s super cereal and scientific graph will def be a piece of “evidence”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

I’m in.  We are fond of animals in New Orleans, so instead of the Clydesdales, I recommend Marge and Ted and Josh pull him, who will be whipped through the streets by two Powerball raffle winners to ensure that the corpse is dragged quickly enough. For late night entertainment, those three will be put in a cage in Jackson Square  - and forced to fight over one well-done steak with catchup for their sustenance - and our amusement. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Oh no. If he has irrefutable proof of voter fraud that cost him the last election, he should definitely hold a press conference and show it to us. It would be irresponsible not to. I, for one, am really looking forward to it.

IMG_3458.gif.bba8850f960b826d7f551e8633f3869a.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, The Dog said:

It was 45% when he took office. 

stop this.

Don't make a shit what it was when he was sworn in.  When people VOTED for him, and he fucking WON, it was 34%.  Donald Trump has proven that he can win the White House with an approval rating of around 35%....which is exactly where it is now.

He was and remains an existential threat to the Republic.  Dismissing him as a loser who is no real threat is.....exactly what people did in 2016.  We shouldn't do that again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't make a shit what it was when he was sworn in.  When people VOTED for him, and he fucking WON, it was 34%. 

got a link because I can't find anything that substantiates that.

edit - found a gallup poll with him at 36: https://news.gallup.com/poll/197231/trump-clinton-finish-historically-poor-images.aspx

that said, your fear mongering is getting old. Yes, he COULD win, but this isn't 2016. 

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't make a shit what it was when he was sworn in.  When people VOTED for him, and he fucking WON, it was 34%.  Donald Trump has proven that he can win the White House with an approval rating of around 35%....which is exactly where it is now.

He was and remains an existential threat to the Republic.  Dismissing him as a loser who is no real threat is.....exactly what people did in 2016.  We shouldn't do that again.

In a macro sense, does it even matter that Trump will produce more evidence for the prosecution at his press conference?  As I see it Smith and Willis already have him dead to rights and he and the coup plotters are more focused on a post-conviction strategy that is based primarily on winning or a stollen election.  As well as a hail mary play to get some MAGAts on the juries somehow such that the actual lawyering and evidence don't matter.

In Trump's calculus, more media spotlight, lathering up the base electorally and insurrectionally, and assaulting confidence in our institutions is significantly more valuable than the downside of adding to Jack Smith's mountain of evidence.

His attorneys are just whining because it makes an already impossible job harder but they have no ability to change the course that has long been charted.  They are there just to bill and try not go to jail...and place their early bets to become the next Prigozhin in emperor Trump's America.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Exactly. Shrugging off his chances is precisely how we got where we are. He ought to be treated as the threat he is and destroyed. I strongly believe our Democracy cannot survive another Trump presidency. He has already shown how fragile it is with the shit he did get away with. 

• Hook 'Em 7