2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

I guess we will have to deal with rumors and whatnot until some of these guys actually declare or announce they are coming back. 

Props to Worthy for not dragging that shit out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is apparently where the rumor started. 

I would much rather the-powers-that-be spend whatever NIL money there is on keeping AD versus going out and trying to buy another WR out of the portal.  Unfortunately it seems like AD is going to be a very high draft pick - so he gone.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There are a few threads on the football board more germane to the McCarthy "is he good or does he suck?" debate than this thread if you're interested. Some people apparently really think he's awesome and most expect him to declare. I don't really have a strong opinion about McCarthy as a pro QB at the moment, personally. He has the measurables that the NFL will value. However, I didn't see much in college that made me think "that dude will kill it at the next level".

image.png.46eda04c8c349caf21f0c00745a6a7b5.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Riley obviously has his flaws but he's good at evaluating/developing QBs.

Why did he take Nelson over every other QB in that class then? Did he not evaluate him at camp? Did he not evaluate him during games?

Just now, HenryJames said:

Why did he take Nelson over every other QB in that class then? Did he not evaluate him at camp? Did he not evaluate him during games?

he recruited and evaluated him for literally 4+ years. he was the only QB in the class who got an offer while Riley was at OU and at USC.

it's incredible that he just...never developed and that Riley never shifted focus at all on QB for 4+ years.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This reinforces what I said a few weeks ago. Nelson transferring said a lot more about him than it did Riley. 

Riley obviously has his flaws but he's good at evaluating/developing QBs. The fact Riley was recruiting over Nelson in the portal is all I needed to know. 

Doesn't this prove that he's actually bad at evaluating and developing quarterbacks?  

3 minutes ago, Nuge said:

Doesn't this prove that he's actually bad at evaluating and developing quarterbacks?  

I think it proves Riley missed on that particular evaluation but his body of work suggests otherwise. 

Murphy looks pretty meh to me but I still trust Sark as one of the best evaluators/developers at that position. Misses happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/3/2024 at 10:46 AM, closetojumping said:

When Stewart actually entered the portal, some folks were told that Texas "has bigger plans" at WR. I don't know what that really means, but I took it as a good thing. I'm still waiting to understand it, however.

Maybe the bigger plans were getting Mitchell to come back. Guess we'll see if these new rumors have any substance.

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I would much rather the-powers-that-be spend whatever NIL money there is on keeping AD versus going out and trying to buy another WR out of the portal.  Unfortunately it seems like AD is going to be a very high draft pick - so he gone.

Yeah, just assume he is gone unless and until he actually says different.

Nahlin 

Still watching the portal over the coming days, especially at WR. Feels like something is going to shake loose and possibly (likely) Texas' way. 

Apparently it was mentioned elsewhere that U of H DT Ja'Maree Caldwell is back in play. That's funny timing because I heard that today after the Houston Lunch Bunch, but not from one of my main sources. I'm checking for further details on that one.

Caldwell's not a world beater but he would upgrade the roster at a position of need.

1 hour ago, Tired Horn said:

Yeah, just assume he is gone unless and until he actually says different.

Pretty much the position I take on every highly rated Baseball player we sign. "I'll believe it when he's on campus and registered for classes"

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Based on CTJ's comments, Nahlin, and a couple other 9.95ers it seems pretty obvious something is going to happen at WR that we aren't expecting. 

I'm not expecting Marvin Harrison Jr., to give up being a Top 3 pick in the NFL draft because he wants to win a college national championship before he goes to the NFL and figures UT is his best chance so he portals here so maybe it's that.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Based on CTJ's comments, Nahlin, and a couple other 9.95ers it seems pretty obvious something is going to happen at WR that we aren't expecting. 

Gotta be McMillon from Zona based on my dreams last night. 

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin 

Still watching the portal over the coming days, especially at WR. Feels like something is going to shake loose and possibly (likely) Texas' way. 

Apparently it was mentioned elsewhere that U of H DT Ja'Maree Caldwell is back in play. That's funny timing because I heard that today after the Houston Lunch Bunch, but not from one of my main sources. I'm checking for further details on that one.

Caldwell's not a world beater but he would upgrade the roster at a position of need.

Not a world beater…lol.

Guy pretty much shut our run game down by himself.  This guy doesn’t realize what an insufferable cunt he is.

• Hook 'Em 2

Supposedly stems from a TFB report, but word is there’s a push to get AD Mitchell back. I think that would qualify.
Not a world beater…lol.
Guy pretty much shut our run game down by himself.  This guy doesn’t realize what an insufferable cunt he is.

He was second team All Big 12 for a reason. Meaning he was considered one of the most productive DL in the conference outside of Sweat and Murphy. You take that 10/10 times in the portal at a thin spot.
  • Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Wow, would you look at that. Bobby Burton reports something, and then Nahlin magically hears the same thing from one of his totally real and not fabricated sources. That is funny timing indeed. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.