2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

5 hours ago, AbeFroman said:

This has nothin to do with nothin, but I went back and was watching that hail mary game above.  Didn't know Staubach hit Pearson on the play before that on a 4th and 17 just to get in that position.  And Pearson actually landed out of bounds, but then the rules were if the ref thought you would reasonably land in before defensive contact, they would call it a completion. 

Lol.  I brought this play up to Carl Eller once on a business trip.  He's still pissed about it.  Said Pearson interfered.  I argued for a second before I realized he was about to beat my ass.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Just looked him up. He’s an Oklahoma State graduate and he grew up in Oklahoma (though born in Texas). What’s his connection to the Longhorns?

Not everyone stays a fuckhead their entire life?

Seems he was born in Texas (as mentioned above) and never lost his love for the state. I remember he was buddies with Mack. This article from several years ago has more background, though it never mentions Oklahoma State. 

https://texassports.com/news/2009/7/11/071109aaa_243.aspx

You're representing Texas in the show, how did you become a fan of the Longhorns?
I grew up in a little town called Spearman, Texas. My dad turned me into a Longhorn when I was about two years old. That's as simple as it gets. I've been a Longhorn ever since. Kevin played for Oklahoma. Every Saturday, we're always the ones cooking and everybody else comes over. It's been an ongoing joke for 20 years. We always say when we're down at the smoker and it's hot, and everybody else gets to have the cold beverages and eat and watch football, we're always so busy because we have people over. Every Saturday we think, "We should be getting paid for this," never meaning it, but as a joke. Now we're hoping that comes to fruition and we can get paid for it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, immamac said:

Off topic posts in this thread will get a vacation. There are plenty of threads for all of this that aren’t this one. 

I don't know, the last few pages seem closely aligned with the topic subject of a "clown car of posters, careening toward the canyon."

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.