2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Another soft ass Sark team as the game goes on.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah I don’t think they’re soft. They’re just not that good at football.

Soft is coming up short in every big moment of the game. And this isn't some great Bama team.

Soft is when you come up soft against your big soft women.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I expected another blown second half lead and the game went more or less on that script for three quarters.

These guys flipped the fucking script in the final frame. It wasn’t perfect, it wasn’t always pretty, and hell, we learned that some facets of this team have a lot more to work on than we realized. But this team did something tonight that it’s consistently failed to do for two years and was well on its way to failing at again. They found a way to get it done anyway. Yeah Bama gave them some gifts but that’s Bama’s fucking problem. I’m so happy for these kids.

Credit to Sark too. He was a (the?) main reason I predicted a L so I would be remiss not to give him his due. Not only was his team prepared for the fight and the environment, one they hadn’t really experienced a true analog for, but that was easily his best called game against a good team at Texas, on the whole.

There’s things to work on and it’s likely some setback(s) awaits later this year.

But not tonight. Tonight should be savored.

I'm not sold on how good Bama will be this year but the improvement between how we played against Rice in Week 1 and then Bama 7 days later is phenomenal.   

Improve on it some more against Wyoming next week.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, gmr548 said:

I expected another blown second half lead and the game went more or less on that script for three quarters.

These guys flipped the fucking script in the final frame. It wasn’t perfect, it wasn’t always pretty, and hell, we learned that some facets of this team have a lot more to work on than we realized. But this team did something tonight that it’s consistently failed to do for two years and was well on its way to failing at again. They found a way to get it done anyway. Yeah Bama gave them some gifts but that’s Bama’s fucking problem. I’m so happy for these kids.

Credit to Sark too. He was a (the?) main reason I predicted a L so I would be remiss not to give him his due. Not only was his team prepared for the fight and the environment, one they hadn’t really experienced a true analog for, but that was easily his best called game against a good team at Texas, on the whole.

There’s things to work on and it’s likely some setback(s) awaits later this year.

But not tonight. Tonight should be savored.

We learned we can play D 

We can score in 3 plays on fucking anybody

Also learned the guys play with heart and never questioned themselves when we lost the lead or any of that. 

Amazing performance by the coaching staff and the guys showed up in the 4th Q. 

That last offsides is the icing on the cake Tope was talking about how good the OL has got under Flood and they look for “highlights” and stats like that because OL doesn’t really have stats lol 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

With all due respect, they were holding all game long and we won despite it. Yes, they did get other calls correct though.

they did also try to do the Big 12  refs patented Texas drive killer with the holding on the screen(similar to what the big 12 refs missed on the run in Austin last year) but we overcame it.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Im fucking stoked about this win. May not go to bed tonight.

but this Bama team with Milroe and that O line wins 7-8 games this year. They are trash. Sorry

Fucking duh but that defense is no joke and our OL and QB put their dick in the dirt. That is the big takeaway here.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

I'm not sold on how good Bama will be this year but the improvement between how we played against Rice in Week 1 and then Bama 7 days later is phenomenal.   
Improve on it some more against Wyoming next week.  
The overall team chemistry may be in question, but there is none when it comes to Bama is full of players every program in the country would love to have right now.
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN