Prediction contest week 8: BYU & Texas

Wulaw Horn

The world is truly upside down if I have to say this - @Wulaw Horn you are being are irrationally negative about this game. BYU isn’t very good at much of anything.

When they have the ball they will not be able to run and the Texas defense will not be hyper focused on QB contain like they were against Houston. There will be a lot of third and 6+. Slovis is not a particularly accurate passer and Texas will probably bring some pressure on obvious passing downs. They’ll hit a couple chunk pass plus because everyone does against this shit secondary (lol I remember being ridiculed for pointing that out early in the year) but they aren’t going to amount to much unless Texas just gives them the ball in scoring position several times.

They are a bad defense against both the run and the pass. They can choose which place to put themseves at a disadvantage but they cannot both stop Texas from running the ball and cover the WRs. I imagine they will elect to fortify the run defense and try to make the backup throw a bit. Murphy will probably have a few head scratchers, a few wow throws, and reside mostly in between. But Texas will have too many advantages on offense not to score plenty.

Texas: 30

BYU: 13

Texas Passing attempts/yardage: 25/202

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1